Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nikhilph

Please suggest CDMA Smartphone for ~Rs.20K

Hi friends,

Thanks for loads of wonderful information on this site.

I am on reliance CDMA and looking for a new smartphone. Currently I am using verizon blackberry 8330 bought from Dr. Muffadal. '

Ideally, a good tablet with voice-calling is what I prefer - so that I can work on it while I talk (bluetooth). None found so far.

Best handset I have figured is Samsung Galaxy Touch S2 Epic 4G. But unfortunately it is exceeding my budget (~20K). Is there any phone that is next best thing to this one - in the given budget?

Or shall I wait a bit and go for this phone only?

--

Regards,

Nik

Samsung EPIC Touch 4G aka Samsung S2 CDMA is only the top phone as of now and for next 1 year too untill S3 is released.

:previous:

S3 Chalega tab to, Even Galaxy Nexus is Out of Reach as of Now

Go for HTC EVO 3D ... Wonderful mobile works at amazing speeds..

Speculation is rampant that the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S 3 will make its debut in the coming months. Of course, it will be priced way beyond your budget. But one can expect a sharp drop in the older S 2's price to follow. So my suggestion - wait a little more and go in for S 2 itself.

Thanks a lot for replies. I think I should wait for S2 price drop.

Seems to be a better option for me.

I don't think waiting for a tablet with voice will be a wise decision. or will it be?

Why isn't anyone recommending the Photon, its well within the budget and needs!

^ ^ ^ Photon = Best Global phone available now. Since he isn't looking for global capabilities it was not suggested.

And S 2 blows away Photon in almost every department. I can say this for certain, as I am using both :grin:

Karthik.. your post has made me want the E4GT all the more. I think I will raise the budget a bit and go for it.

HiteshK has already convinced me to raise the budget. I'll buy from him.

So finally Epic Touch it is. :) Thanks a lot friends for all your help.

^ ^ ^ Photon = Best Global phone available now. Since he isn't looking for global capabilities it was not suggested.

And S 2 blows away Photon in almost every department. I can say this for certain, as I am using both

Agreed that the Epic touch beats the pants off photon.but at this point of time its within his budget.

Just incase he wants to go for a phone now rather wait another 6 to 8 months for the S3 launch.

Tapatalk'd from Photon4G

For the next season Samsung is not with us....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^^^^

Why Parin ji? can you explain??

On-Topic:-

For the time being, Photon is in his budget and he can go for it, imho... @nikhilph if you never change phone for many months, you can wait for drop in s2 price, else use Photon as stop-gap for 3 to 6 months and get s2 at very cheap...

For CDMA only, Galaxy S2 CDMA from Sprint is the BEST smartphone in the world, as of now, for "Indian" users.

@Dhiraj.. Was actually convinced after reading your review.

So finally have gone for E4GT. Thanks.

Karthik.. your post has made me want the E4GT all the more. I think I will raise the budget a bit and go for it.

HiteshK has already convinced me to raise the budget. I'll buy from him.

So finally Epic Touch it is. :) Thanks a lot friends for all your help.

Nikhil has received the phone & activated too... now waiting for his feedback on his buying experience from me...

• Like 1

@ Nikhil congrats on your purchase. And welcome to the S2 club :D

Thanks Karthik...

Wonderful buying experience from Hitesh. He extended excellent support during activation and I really appreciate his availability during all this process. Thanks Hitesh!

Got Calkulin's e4gt mod 2.8.1. Enjoying every bit - it is *Fast*. Yet to explore more of the phone. Awaiting my data plan activation now.