Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KapilAgrawal

CDMA OMH - Motorola Droid 3

By all means. It will be interesting to know at what price this comes for selling, including the Royalty! Let's hope it won't be in the similar scale as Apple and Microsoft where they want royalties for knowledge already invented by someone else and in public domain. :P

Regarding flashing and all, people who may want to use this phone just in GSM won't be required to do any flashing / unlocking if they buy a GSM unlocked phone. Built in ROM can be used right away with flexibility to update it as and when the new manufacturer ROM updates come along.

7$ alone for US Shipping = 350/-. Expecting Weight about 1LB+ coz of battery, So roughly 1500/- & Duty 300/- = Rs. 2150/-

Yes, Its public Domain, And I also learnt from here only. But the difference is who gets good hold of it & who mistakes. So there has to be a royalty for people having know-how of it & as a seller we are here to make bit of money.. Yes, service & help is always available, but on forum.

Actually Rajan Bhai, Droid 3 won't work fine on GSM as well unless you tweak it. 40% unlock codes do not work. And unless you root the Phone, flash Radio & modify few files. GSM also won't work. So beware.

Edited by kapilthio

kapil bhai aapki knowledge ki royalty hum doctors se kaphi zyada hai :eek: . ..chalo atm will drop the idea to get a droid.. :ko2:

20k is quoted for a BNIB not for a used Phone. And we are NOT having a debate here on the price, import a Phone, If it comes good, you are Happy.. What happens when Phone comes bad or NOT as described ? Phone is bricked while Flashing ? Who bears the cost ?? ofcourse RimWeb buyer is NOT going to pay these, its seller's cost.

If Rajan bhai says $300 for a BNIB Unlocked Phone ---- I could NOT find any @ $300..

$300 + 10 (US Shipping) + $20 (SNS) + $ 10 (Customs) = 17340/- (Lowest simple cost)

$350 + 10 (US Shipping) + $20 (SNS) + $ 10 (Customs) = 19890/- (higher end price) @ 51..

So if I sell @ 20k for a BNIB which I imported @ 53, Am I charging too much ??

People take the cream, see the top and forget the underlying part. Ask Hetal Ji & Parin bhai how many Bricked Phones they have with them ? I asked Parin bhai, he has 6-7 bricked Phones, which would sum upto Rs. 70,000/- if they were good. Hetal Ji has bricked phones worth Rs. 90,000/-.. Did you count that in your calculation ?? And how about you make Payment & don't get the Phone, supplier backs off.. You never know..

to sum it up, Its easy to Quote & find prices, but its NOT EASY to get it at the very thought price & get it to work properly.

Edited by kapilthio
  • Like 1

@kapil you have points..

but Rajan ji likes to tell the fact that there are many users like me who are students and can not afford a smartphone more than 15K. And as data plans on CDMA platform is getting momentum (Reliance & MTS (Kolkata/WB) already launched data plans), there will be high demand of mid end and low end CDMA smartphones.

As a MTS user in Kolkata I am getting awesome plans 2GB@90 & 6GB@140 on EVDO but can not use it on a good smartphone - only good CDMA smartphones are available officially in market - MTS MTag (528MHz)@5.5K and Samsung Pop (600 MHz)@8.5K and both are with out-dated specs. MEID registration is another problem as most sellers are not doing it for MTS. If you bring OMH RUIM based CDMA smartphones at around 10-12K it will be great deal for us.

This is just a suggestion and more of a personal opinion. So please do not mind.

• Like 1

Rajan & Kapil - you both need a good cup of coffee with a lady that can be your wife too.......

cafe-coffee-girl-hair-love-party-Favim.com-96366.jpg

• Like 3

@ Kapil

I think you totally misunderstood the real message i was trying to convey. May be the message got lost because somebody posted a doubting one liner. :bash:

It's not at all with respect to at what price a BNIB handset should or should not sell. Totally the choice of the seller. If some buyer don't understand the economics, constraints behind that, simply ignore it. One can never convince doubting minds nor should one expand any energy in that exercise. In fact few times i also wondered... How on earth you're able to sell BNIB handsets at the price you have sold. (LG Thrill May be.. ). That's commendable.

Want to convey that lot of hard work has gone behind this "Reputed Seller" thing. Now we should take it to the next level. The objective also is... "How we take imported CDMA handsets to more people... With reliability and economy."

All i am requesting to enterprising guys from the "Reputed Seller" group who has the time, inclination and technical ability that they should also concentrate equally or more on the good condition USED handset market too in addition to BNIB handsets.

Because for every single BNIB handset that is sold, you may be able to sell 20 USED handsets and will be able to expand the reach of imported CDMA handsets, bring more consumers in, let more people taste CDMA on smartphones because the budget range of 10 to 15K has the maximum potential. Consumers in that budget may not place as much emphasis on a BNIB handset as people with 20+ plus budgets will do.

It's nothing to do with the pricing.

• Like 4

Okay Sir. Agree with You.

For low budget handsets --- Importing high end used handsets is total luck. Since Description of Fair, Good, Like New, MINT differs from person to person, Specially US sellers. So you never know what you will get it you buy a used handset.. I have received 100% like new handsets which were described as Used .. Also have received worst condition handset while it was marked a Like New.. So its totally luck game. that was the reason I had to stop importing used handsets.

Guys import your handsets, For HTC, Motorola & Samsung (Sprint & Verizon Only) I shall help you with MEID registration & Programming for a small charge. That's the best I can offer you.

• Like 5

Kapil bhai, you've been doin a great job [making almost everyone own a dinc 2].. Keep the good work on.. But, as rajan bhai told, it'll be great to have a used handset around 12k..

Btw, as you told that buying used handsets are purely based on luck, i had a doubt. Wouldn't the reputation of the seller etc help in that? I'm just ignorant as i've not bought anything overseas from ebay..

Wouldn't the reputation of the seller etc help in that? I'm just ignorant as i've not bought anything overseas from ebay..

Prices from a High Feedback seller are always high, And they sell "Buy it Now" mostly. And its not always like that High feedback sellers are selling handset you are looking for..

And as I said earlier import your handset. For HTC, Motorola & Samsung (Sprint & Verizon Only) I shall help you with MEID registration & Programming for a small charge. So its win win for both. And you dont even need that in case of Incredible 2 & Droid 3.

• Like 1

MEID registration is another problem as most sellers are not doing it for MTS. If you bring OMH RUIM based CDMA smartphones at around 10-12K it will be great deal for us.

Both Verizon & Sprint do not Support OMH UIM, Its against their business design. Only 2-3 models launched in US are also launched by China Telecom in China like Incredible 2, Droid 3, Droid Rarz (I saw Picture, Not too sure). and these handset are not available at a price you are looking for, May be a fair condition Incredible 2 can be available at this price. And do not worry, import it for yourself & get Unlock code, which for Incredible 2 is only Rs. 300 now. So its pretty cheap.

the issue raised by rajan bhai remains where it was bfore.....why arent the reputed sellers coming with a better option.....if we import and u unlock it becomes a rather more hotch potch with majority of us trying to aviod tht extra mile.....

its just a suggestion ,,ultimately why is to be sold remains the sole jurisdiction of the seller......

^^ as other Sellers would agree, it's easy to sell handsets but very difficult to service each sales since most of the Sellers here are not full time mobile Sellers. Everyone has other commitments n sales is just a part of hobby with a bit of earning. I tried selling sub 10k handsets n all of then sold very quickly but after sales was rather difficult as the issues were generic related to reliance, activation, macds, retain, evdo, phone book transfer, wifi, etc which can be googled n solved but as a buyer no one takes this pain n personally i don't like to ignore issues of my buyers how silly they may be, due to my nature.. (no direct offense to anyone here). Hence i reduced my importing frequency as my 1st priority is my main stock Broking business..

So to sum up, RM is totally right that masses should also use high end smart phones on Cdma but then as a seller, i feel it's very difficult to service the sales n bringing 10k range handsets would imply high volume which in turn would require lot of after sales service which is very tedious job, specially if issues are silly as i mentioned above... Getting omh handsets at this price point will reduce lot of after sales issues, at least, activation n evdo related n seller can focus on other things... And i know kapil has been doing really good work n he would surely try to lower the price point.. Getting mint handsets is really a luck game but i always got mint handsets only and always satisfied till now.. I think mods can allow pre booking so kapil can take risk of importing mint / new handsets in bulk.

Last, i am thankful to Hetal bhai, Hitesh Hambarde, Parinbhai, this forum n google. Though i mentioned the problems above related to service, even i am one of the person who has learned from above people, even when i had not purchased from them anything. But i make it a point to solve the issues mostly through email or gtalk so they will reply when they have time. I would suggest buyers to do prior research n then buy the handsets so they can solve the issues by themselves. There is lot of 1st hand info available on this forum itself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Getting omh handsets at this price point will reduce lot of after sales issues, at least, activation n evdo related n seller can focus on other things... And i know kapil has been doing really good work n he would surely try to lower the price point.. Getting mint handsets is really a luck game but i always got mint handsets only and always satisfied till now.. I think mods can allow pre booking so kapil can take risk of importing mint / new handsets in bulk.

I am not pre-booking any more & will not ever at least in case of Imports. I lost a lot in Pre-booking for the sake of completing my commitments. And Hitesh bhai you are really lucky that you got all items as described. But for me I lost a lot, even from eBay Power Sellers, Reputed Sellers. :)

I imported Droid 3 for my personal use, I found that it can be converted to OMH, so posted here. And I am not pushing the sale now, Since there are last of my "Mobile Phone" imports for Sales due to personal reasons.

This mint Motorola Droid 3 was sold for US $ 225, approx Rs 11,500 on Ebay.com yesterday >> http://www.ebay.com/...c#ht_500wt_1282

Received the Phone today. Total 3 Battery (2 Extended, 1 Normal), 3 Battery Doors, Desktop charger dock, Charger, Data Cable. Phone is real Like New. :)

Got my number retained to OMH UIM & it rocks on Droid 3 !!!

• Like 1

Now guys & owner of Droid 3.. a Great News for you..

I got ICS CM9 working with Droid 3 using CDMA OMH with DATA with help from XDA member mvp3.

I am using it now. What else would you ask for ?? Will post it shortly. It seems no one has Droid 3...

Edited by kapilthio

i have one,

my brother using it for last 6months

Now guys & owner of Droid 3.. a Great News for you..

I got ICS CM9 working with Droid 3 using CDMA OMH with DATA with help from XDA member mvp3.

I am using it now. What else would you ask for ?? Will post it shortly. It seems no one has Droid 3...

which cdma network ? Tata or reliance?

is this a dual standby or world phone ?

I tested data for Reliance. Tata will also work. Since this Phone takes everything thing from UIM & shows the same in "About Phone". Operators supporting PPP/HDR data with username & password alone will work. but you can't set Proxy settings required in WAP as of now, testing & looking for available options.

Its world Phone.

Joined the gang just got my hands on droid 3 .will

Try the ruim solution provided by you soon.

Flashed the rom and its working flawlessly the downloading part was little tricky from gokuai.com other than that pretty neat process and loving my droid 3 even more with this rom

+1 kapil bhai good find just bought the phone to test this and its worth every singel penny spent on it.

The Keyboard is by far very sweet, The best I have ever used on a Phone. Touch is sometimes sluggish & non responsive due to software issues. But otherwise Great Phone.

I am using Droid 3 with CM9 ICS on TATA CDMA OMH# 93XXXX555X.

Edit --- After flashing new 906 update Touch has improved a lot and much responsive and New CM9 ICS is Great... Enjoying it.

Edited by KapilAgrawal

For CM9, and Verizon Stock ROM to work with CDMA OMH:

Replace radio of XT883 into XT862 ROM using Fastboot. Install Safestrap if you want to flash CM9.

After flash the ROM in Safestrap (Don't ask me how to safestrap, Google it), replace the /system/lib/libmoto_ril.so & /system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.option with xt883's, edit /system/build.prop, changes:

ro.mot.eri=1 >>> ro.mot.eri=0

ro.cdma.nbpcd=1 >>> ro.cdma.nbpcd=0

ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1 >>> ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 0

ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=1 >>> ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=0

find ro.kernel.android.ril=yes, and append these 2 lines below that:

persist.ril.rssi.enable.param6 = 1

persist.ril.baudrate=230400

reboot,then in dialler input *#*#4636#*#*,select Phone Information -> CDMA Only (PRL)

Remember most custom ROM are Rooted. For Stock ROM Google for Moto_Fail or Droid 4 exploit and use them.

Edited by KapilAgrawal
  • Like 1

What are the drawabacks of cm9 ics rom from xda ([sELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [bETA 2012-02-27) i got this rom but the cons are

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features

No Camera Video

HW Video Codecs (in progress)

Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

can you throw some light is video recording not working with ics cm9 rom as i love the hd video recording with droid 3 its best of what i have used

by the way the chinese rom is better then the original stock verizon rom

rooted the xt883 rom with http://www.mod2xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=11868

and now its running flawlessly. I am really looking forward to flash cm9 ics rom if video recording works.