Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KapilAgrawal

CDMA OMH - Motorola Droid 3

I suggest you to remain on Chinese ROM. Its good compared to Verizon ROM.

Have not tried camera or Video recording with CM9 on Droid 3..

if anyone ever does factory reset with this rom installed dont forget to dial *#*#2468#*#* to Unlock gsm happened with me and took an hour to solve this

hi kapil sir could u give me the solano 57.1.60 because i am not able to find it on the net i searched it a lot i got the 57.1.40 can it be successfully ported to droid 3 bcoz OTA update to 57.1.60 does not support *#*#2468#*#* pls reply :bs_help::cry:

thanks sir for replying i got the 57.1.40 flashed and updated 57.1.60 by recovery but i am not able to install the Google Mobile Service Package i searched too many chinesse sites but did not got the package cud pls give me the package url

hello kapil sir pls help bme i am not able to download GAPPS i have the play store when i click it says add a/c after clicking it closes pls help reply sir

Hi Kapil , need some guidance. When I used XT883 , I were able to create APN and able to connect to 1X internet (in Tata) but I changed to XT862 today and APN setting is disabled in CDMA network mode (it appears in GSM network mode) .. I followed steps mentioned by you in Post# 49 (to use Verizon XT862 rom). Thanks

root the Phone and use pppd-ril.options method.

open & edit "/system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.options"

change username password both to 10 digit mobile number.

• Like 1

Kapil Ji, Thank you very much for your post & drop box link. I tried almost 3 hour after seeing it on XDA for the ROM but could not download it from goukai. I bought droid 3 from ebay india which is XT862 flashed with XT883 ROM & works on CDMA with 3G (OMH SIM, I have TATA OMH) & GSM with 3G data. I have few doubts & need some expert advice so please help.

1. If i flash it with any other ROM will it still work with both network if i just flash XT883 radio?

2. Safe strap don't work on XT 883 due to partition but in your zip of XT883 there is a tweaked safe strap will it work for mine XT 883.

3. If I have bought some apps from market will I get them back in new ROM after linking my phone to google account.

4. Is there any way to activate EVDO on these phones (CDMA 3G data works with APN setting but just want to know)

5. When i browse to About Phone -> Status in network it shows always Reliance, which file shall I change for that to be correceted.

Hi,

1. Refer post# 49 if you would like to use other rom (but want CDMA OMH to work) .. Needs to do few moew tweak apart from retaining XT883 radio

Sent from my XT883 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Kapil, I forget to enter my unlock code and I just flashed the phone, so GSM sim is not working even is not asking for activation code. How I can get back the verzion ROM to enter the unlock code ? Please help me out

Solved :smartass:

Edited by anu0512

can i just flash back to verizon sbf from the chinese rom? (i dont need to use cdma uim)

HI,

I just bought a used droid 3 on a custom ROM 57.1.60.xt883.chinatelecom.en.CN. It is a global phone and started working the moment I inserted a SIM in it. However, I cannot see SPN settings option for it on the wireless and networks heading. There is another heading for data in batter and data manager, but even there there is no option for APN settings.

How do I correct this? Do I have to root/change the ROM?

Regards,

Dinesh

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Topic Merged >>

root the Phone and use pppd-ril.options method.

open & edit "/system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.options"

change username password both to 10 digit mobile number.

I used esfile explorer to open the folder and then multiple options to edit the file...(text editior, es note etc ) but none of them allows me to save the file in the same location

Edit: I searched and found a solution...i replaced the text to the right ot username and password both with my ten digit number, but data is not working.

Edited by Dinesh A Rijhwani

I did a factory reset and lost gsm unlock and cdma omh features :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=9b97f2724db0b12a0df4d5bc089b7137&t=1790891&page=2

Using the handset for streaming sites. No need for camcorder. Will it be easier to flash an ics rom?

Solved.

Downloaded all the ROM and tools. Then did a safestrap recovery. No good. Got chibese ROM without GApps.

Then did a safemode recovery. Bingo! Got chinese ROM without bloat! With GApps preinstalled.

Safestrap is a custom recovery tool with multiboot feature. Reading Droid threads helped me avoid reflashing and risking bricking.