Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Indian Guy

How To activate 3G on Reliance GSM handset?

I have samsung galaxy SL android phone, its my first 3g phone which i bought few weeks back. Whenever I am trying to make a video call it says out of 3g network, can anyone tell me how do i activage 3g network/video calling on my phone?

I heard that on airtel you can simply activate it by sending an SMS, but I don't know how to do it on reliance GSM.

First activate video calling on your mdn through cc or rms

No activation is required for 3g and video calling. Your phone network type should be Umts or hsdpa.

But you cannot make video call directly. Only through gtalk skype etc. in android. Unlike airtel reliance no sms sending is needed.

For post paid MDNs video calling is preactivated but activation is required in prepaid numbers. Video calling can be done directly also and reliance has introduced very good plans for video calling in postpaid. Unlimited local onnet video calling @ Rs 99/- & unlimited std onnet video calling @ Rs 199/- both the plans will be charged over base voice plans.

@VA- Videocalling facility is provided by reliance right from the launching of 3G.

Video Calling is being provided by reliance, No activation is required for Video Calling be it prepaid or postpaid. Apart from the network settings in handset, you also need to check that whether the cell site you are covered with is 3G equipped or is a 2G site....Means is your city covered by 3G

Unless you are on an iPhone which doesn't support video calls !!!

I talked with CC and they asked me to visit reliance web world to get 3g network/service activated on my phone. I tried to select 3g network from my phone's network settings but it says that I am out of 3g network coverage. I really don't know if reliance 3g services are active in my city or not but other networks like airtel and tata docomo are having it.

Very simple if 3G or 3.5g is written beside your network bar after selecting UMTS/HSPA preffered mode in your handset it means you are in 3G coverage of the operator. If E shows you are in 2G coverage.