Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Your Memory Card To Blame For Sluggish Smartphone Performance: Shows Latest Study

Never knew this.. SD card & that too Kingston.. Thanks for the helpful info :)

That's an eye opener ...

Sow how do you choose what's good card for you, we can't run test all the time to see what to buy.

Beautiful_Girl_In_Veil_39_pics__4-550x458.jpg

nice info, ty

nice rajanji +1 4 you :)

Yes its a fact! I also experienced a lag in performance of my phone sometime back and I removed the SD Card. After removing it, the performance improved. After that I changed the SD Card. Now no problems....

+1 to RM

I thought it logically before. If any application is stored (a major portion of many applications, mostly data are stored) in the card, when the application runs it becomes sluggish if the data transfer is slow.

Thanks Rajan ji for the reproduction of the useful information here, and kudos to Vinay ji for pictorial representation of 'eye-opener'. You are so witty!

surprise... surprise... never thought sd card would play such a major role in performance.... good info rajanbhai....

+1 for you...

Thanks Rajan. So is it correct that we should generally go for Transcend ?

I use class 10 transcend 16gb card, and but my phone still becomes slow especially when I install apps in SD card.

I always knew that SD cards are bottle neck for mobile phone speed.. This study confirms it today.

Infact all kinds of storage is a bottle neck for any device. Be it a phone or a computer.

Search samsung 24 or 27 ssd on YouTube where some techie connected 24 or 27 ssd in raid.... And speed of any tasks was super quick.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

One more thing. It is aways better to keep the memory card size as low as possible. Higher capacity may lead to sluggishness

• Like 1

so its always better to have memory on board rather than SD card..

Nice info!

Nice Info..I've observed that my Nokia 5800 is also sluggish...The memory card is "Nokia" make. Does anyone who manufactures memory cards of Nokia? This is only to make effective use of the above data :)

@ami1

Probably yes if we are getting the same Transcend here in india as in the US market where they tested it.

There are some apps in the Android Market which allows to change the Read Cache properties for rooted phones. Generally in most stock ROM's, the cache size is very less, sometimes few k only. However this will only improve the read performance. What we need better is random write speed as the study suggests. I think we should try to move atleast browsers to phone's inbuilt memory than SD Card if we can. Should give a better performance in browsing. Random thought. Will try it.

Very useful information Rajan Babu. Thanks for sharing. +1 :)

Exactly why we find Apple phones fast

Something that Samsung and HTC should learn?

Why dont they provide better onboard memory options with better cache? I am sure it wont increase the price significantly

Thanks for the great information +1 to u

Awesome info Rajan Sir (Googler of Rimweb) +1 for you!!!! :hypocrite:

Really EYE Opener

Maybe phone manufacturers like HTC have already realized this as new high end sets like rezound, evo lte, Htc one s have 16 Gb on board memory

thankfully i have 32gb class 4 Transcend received from ebay as gift :hypocrite:

yes,SD cards are to blamed, but expansion of internal memory as per the user request is impossible, with out the SD slots,and this was used as one of the main selling point for android and we used it to blame apple, now the case is changing as we are getting larger internal memories ,