Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
city02

Please suggest handset with Qwerty, Slider, Touch, Dual SIM, Camera & Flash

what's the cheapest handset available and from where [which site] that meets the following specs:

1. qwerty
  2. side slider [larger keyboard for my fat fingers]
  3. capacitive touchscreen [not resistive]
  4. dual sim [dual standby]
  5. 3 mp + camera with flash [current handset has 2mp and is quite bad]
  6. 2,000 + sms capacity [my samsung has only 1k sms storage so i have to keep deleting msgs weekly]
  7. resend option for any sent sms [the corby does not have this simple feature!]

anything else is not a requirement but a bonus:

• 3G [data]
  • andriod
  • posting photos to FB directly [can't do this from corby txt due to size limits]
  • google access
  • gps / maps
  • nokia / samsung / blackberry would be preferred for charger compatibility but its not a deal breaker if they are too expensive

i have been googling for many days without much luck now

most of the models do not seem to be available in india

the handsets that are; usually have one requirement missing

e.g.,

http://micromaxrevie...-sim-touch.html

has a vertical slider instead of horizontal

in case there is nothing that fits this then the one feature that i can live without is the touchscreen

the remaining 6 are a must have ...

I fear there is not a single handset from any of the branded manufacturer which can fulfill all your 7 requirements.

You can either probe handsets like this >> http://www.ebay.in/itm/230738512233#ht_30769wt_1139 to check how much it's viable OR if you drop the slider QWERT keyboard part, can consider recently launched Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos >> http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-y-pro-duos-b5512-mobile-phone/p/itmd6vvtcnt2wfkm?pid=MOBD6VVSUH6MYFXS&_l=hjGYWjnGJ+E4lIUIRL2THA--&_r=YT8yNV_31ZaFkwpxJCEaRg--&ref=1614baf0-42f4-4d1a-9c8e-e3541ab84101

If you can compromise for side slider and camera flash then Samsung Galaxy Y Pro could be the best option for you.

You can look at droid pro

nope - the side slider and dual standby sim are must have requirements

as mentioned above, i can give up on the touchscreen

If you can compromise for side slider and camera flash then Samsung Galaxy Y Pro could be the best option for you.

You can either probe handsets like this >> http://www.ebay.in/i...ht_30769wt_1139 to check how much it's viable

Looks like a fake product blatantly imitating the E7. You can see Nokia's proprietary app store - Ovi Store and icon of MyNokia among the icons.

25.jpg

what will be the recommendation if the requirement is only for single sim GSM ?

@ city02 Check out the latest releases from Micromax in the Superfone series. They meet most of your reqirements.

Flipkart links : Micromax A73, A75, A78.

after 6 months of searching, i have shortlisted the

samsung galaxy y pro duos

it has dual sim, qwerty, touchscreen, 3mp camera, andriod

but no flash or slider for around rs. 9.5 k

is there anything else that's either cheaper or with slider at the same price out there

i just don't like spending rs. 10 k on a handset since my current one was half the cost [b3210 corby txt]

am i missing any handset out there?

i was told that it has 2,000 sms capacity compared to just 1,000 sms on my current b3210

ironically the memory card has 19 mb free yet there is no way to copy or archive my sms to the card!

what a waste of space ...

i could have easily used the corby for a few years more if i did not have to keep deleting sms every week

@ city02 Check out the latest releases from Micromax in the Superfone series. They meet most of your reqirements. Flipkart links : Micromax A73, A75, A78.

none of the lets buy links were working last month when i checked ...

That phone is not worth spending 10K, i used it for 2 days and i used to get irritated by the small touch screen it has, as you have to use the touch screen most of the time.

I will suggest get an Epic and a secondary cell.....

it seems like it has 2mp camera which my current samsung already has

its also single sim so not much point

any other options out by diwali?

or does anyone know of any way to move my sms to the sd card in the b3210?

:previous:

epic is an good option... but i would suggest wait for some time... samsung launching a new handset with larger display touch + qwerty...

specs... http://www.gsmarena...._b5330-4866.php