Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Android Full Wipe, The Correct Way.

^^^

Great info Parin Ji.... +1 :)

Thats right .. same is seen in QBKing77 You tube video... I learnt from that ...

Also doing it three times does full format .. for e.g: in windows we do quick format .. full format....

100% of reputed Cusom ROM makers format /system in their script (updater-script) before they flash new System.

ui_print(" Formatting System...");

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25");

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system");

and I would strongly suggest guys to make sure that the custom rom you are going to flash will work before you format /system. In case you have formatted /system & the custom rom does not work for any reason. You will have to RUU/SBF the phone. So beware.

Excellent sharing..

Thanks Parin. Well with custom ROMs offering various flavours of Gingerbread and Icecream Sandwich, this is welcome info indeed!

Thanks parin bhai..That's why i use 4ext recovery which has an option to 'format everything except the sd card' :-)

Going into clockwork mode and just selecting wipe data, wipe delvic cache, wipe cache, is not a proper full wipe, its like wiping your *** with ****

still in your bumhole untill you wash it, no no no, this method doesn't remove the old system files,

Kya bat hai Parinbaba!!! You've found out the "root" cause.. Wash it clean always.. post-4104-0-35533100-1330513506.gif

Nice info for beginners.

Going into clockwork mode and just selecting wipe data, wipe delvic cache, wipe cache, is not a proper full wipe, its like wiping your *** with ****

still in your bumhole untill you wash it, no no no, this method doesn't remove the old system files,

Kya bat hai Parinbaba!!! You've found out the "root" cause.. Wash it clean always.. post-4104-0-35533100-1330513506.gif

Nice info for beginners.

Yes sahi pakda CID Sahab

I believe that the following might be better (just copied this suggestion from another place):

switchoff then press only home button and power button

1. wipe data/factory reset.[imp]

2. wipe cache partition.[imp]

3. Go to mounts and storage and format these :

a. system

b. data

c. cache

d. sdext

4 go to advanced and then in there format :

a. Dalvik cache

b. Battery stats [not imp.]