Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil_jok

New Members Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi members,

I'm Sunil and I'm a moderator of this forum. We on the Moderating Team think that we should have started this thread long ago, coz except for the nickname(username) we hardly know most of the members. also we need some place to talk and ask bout each other....

Everyone is welcome to post here. ask about each other, find out about each 1 and do almost anything, except:

1. If you want to share something about Reliance post it under the appropriate head.

2. Consider the feelings of others.

3. No soliciting.

:confuse:

Edited by Arun

let me introduce myself

i am sunil

ASL: 22/m/ cochin, kerala

im doing CS (Company Secretaryship), not very well as you can see from the no of posts i have made. :confuse:

im a regular at this forum, means i visit it 3-4 times a day. and im sure i have read almost all the words thats been written in this forum. yea!!!!! i have nothing better to do guys.... tooo lazy to study :)

my hobbies... reading.... driving my bike, or any other automobiles. i drive bikes, cars, autorikshaws, bus, lorries...

ok, thats all for now.... now you guys post and if you want to know more about me, just drop a line.

feel free to get in touch wid me at sunil_jok@rimweb.com

I am Ashok J Prakash from

Trivandrum, Kerala

hmm. well now i am into webhosting and stuffs.

see my site at www.fidoworks.com.

do let me knw if you have any orders for me :lol:

Hobbies? Dont knw :angry:

Maybe Freaking out with friends.. having fun..

Know abt my visit in here?

I was a bit surprised when Arun approached me to join the Moderators

Well...more than moderation.. i got some good friends out here... :(

◦º°º°º◦hmm, wat else.....◦º°º°º

I am a regular chap in this forum..

and i have read all the posts here in the forum :)

u can get in touch with me at ashokjp@rimweb.com

This is not a descriptive one still doesnt sound bad, i hope :confuse:

Edited by Ashokjp

hi ppl,

I'm Mahidhar from chennai ... basically got inspired by hrithik roshan when i saw his biceps in KNPH and so the name ... !!! im doing my 3rd year mechanical engg and love fiddling around with gadgets like mobs ... have almost read every post and keeps me occupied ... so guys, keep posting. specially wanna thank ngcoder for helping all of us customise our mobiles ... was getting so vexed listening to those tunes on R world ringtones !!! my fone now sounds so much better !!! and the best part ... i dont have to pay RS 7/ like the GSM guys !!! u rock man ... thanx again ...

bye

Hello rimwebers,

I am,

Niket from

Gandhinagar(GUJ).

B.E(Civil) and Now running own Bussiness.

well, i am comp enthu since 1993.

latest hobbie "Rimweb.com" ;)

u can contact me at niket@rimweb.com

hey bineesh

tell me more bout u man... where in kerala??? which co r u working at??? more details.... and that goes for all of you....

dont be shy, anything goes here. talk just like you would with your friends.....

hi

i'm Surojit

Age 18

Live in Mumbai

Like to->

Program

Hacking/Cracking

Study Physics

Read Sci-Fi novels

Hang out With Friends

Etc Etc Etc...

Doing Engg (IT) FE.

Edited by StaticElectricity

hey ashwin...

good to see that you like to fight with ppl... its a good thing too... sometimes without any conflict of opinion anything can get very boring...

so if you think someone is wrong and you are right go ahead and pick a fight.... i will be with who i think is right... ;) could be u or chirag

and chirag where is ur fighting spirit.... you have the most no of posts and you havent posted your into yet....

hey ashwin... do u think we should fight with him???

POST UPDATED ON FEBRUARY 12, 2006

oh i better get into this thread or else i'll end up in gr8 trouble! :P

and ya also like to fight with chirag hehehe
did we really fight anywhere?? cant remember that .. lol !!
and chirag where is ur fighting spirit.... you have the most no of posts and you havent posted your into yet....
i think most of u'll shall notice y its so ridiculous for me to post here :) am Just the odd man out here!

oh lets keep that aside...

Apun: Chirag Dedhia

Apun ka age: 23 (now :P will grow wid this forum)

Apun ka kaam: Architect by qualification, into Architectural Softwares by choice!

Ok, enuf of that... lets get informal :) Well am surely MOODY, ECCENTRIC but REAL! those r the 3 words that can best describe me..

u can see quite well as i happen to be Member 2 at the forum, coz this was like a dream come true when Arun happened to contact me at some yahoogroup that he's goin to set up this forum n all... The Forum was set up on 23rd Dec n I joined it on 24th Dec and left for Hyd on 25th for a week only to notice when i come back tht this forum has started rocking by then! Oh, shud i say, i've read thru all the posts at the forum !!?? :D

Oh, just dont envy those no. of posts alongside my name... I jus brag and thts the reason u see that... I've been requesting all the mods n the admin to find a way to recount posts, and am sure theres some counting mistake there :)

I think u'd say, am i not the mod myself... I am... But as i said earlier, am the odd man out here too.... I dont quite understand these things so easily.

Most of u'll at the forum are some or the otherway related to engg... And i happen to be from a completely different field. The technical way u guys write, is not something i can do that easily. I feel completely intimidated amongst u'll. Though architecture has surely given me a cutting edge over most fields and am truly glad abt it...

umm.. My Hobbies: Reading(i read non-fics, self help sections, enjoy readin comics sometimes :P ), enjoy exploring n zooomming thru the speed of the internet... so am a die-hard reader of columns and specials at various sites, Though am from architecture, am too much inclined towards computers and internet... no doubt some ppl find me online 24 hrs :) , I love organising and managing events... its started from my junior college days.. And maybe someday i'd be doing a real bigtime event.. thts one of my dreams... ! I quite enjoy long drives... coz Cars fascinate me like hell... They can give me a kick to make me work.... Oh did i mention anywhere, that i was present today at the F1 Power Boat Grand Prix 2004 in Mumbai... ? Wht an extravaganza, i must say... Happened to be at the VIP seats and it was such a delight to witness the event!! Love listening to Music... lotsa kinds... and FM is one more big thing in my life! Rather, its my Lifeline!

Oh.. n i found a new hobby this new yr !! POSTING @ rimweb.com!!

well, feel free to write to me at chiragdedhia@rimweb.com

I sure can say, it'll be so much fun to see all these 500+ members at the forum to introduce themselves at this thread. Guys, get goin... this board is all urs.. Make it urs... we r waiting to hear from u'll.. Just a big "hi" to all of us will do good! We'd all reply with our "hi"s to u.. :)

And now i guess, its time to hear from Big Lord at the forum, ARUN... waiting to hear ur story... He happens to be real big, guys! Give him a big round of applause... ;)

hey chirag...

im quite surprised....

we have a lot in common... i like vehicles... love reading...and i have no doubt my friends would consider me moody and eccentric.. im always online too and i too love reading through columns...

and im also an odd man out here... i dont have much technical knowledge... im just going along with the flow...

LOL, thanks for the big ovation :)

Well i guess its time for me to chip in this thread :)

I'm Arun, from Trivandrum (Kerala), aged 20, student in Engineering.

I'm interested in anything related to Technology, love to fiddle with new tech gizmos (mobile phones especially :D ), etc., i do enjoy designing websites (do check out my website at www.ArunOnline.com) and I love to hang out it tech forums (really love Invision Power Board :) )

The main aspect that encouraged me start this forum for Reliance IndiaMobile users was the lack of a proper discussion board on the net where RIM users can discuss their experiences with their services/handsets. I'm a moderator in a couple of other forums as well and so I thought of starting this forum, dedicated for RIM users to interact each other.

And one thing that many people asked me is... how do I manage to run this forum (I do remember someone asking me whether I'm a relative of Ambani :) ). Well, I run a small web hosting biz and I have enough space/bandwidth left over to share and hence I decided to utilize it in an efficient manner. So running this forum isn't a financial burden to me (i hope I'll be able to manage it as long as the forum size increases). BTW, if you would like to help me out further to run this forum, don't forget to buy web hosting from me :)

I am deeply obliged to my friends (Chirag - posts like hell !, Ashok - child prodigy, Sunil, Niket, JAX, Vikas and many others ) who help me out here in moderating the forums. They are doing a great job in maintaining law and order in this forum. Please give them a big round of applause ;) We are in the lookout for more moderators in the forum and hope to find more enthusiastic members in the forum.

I hope this will be enough for now. I'd like to see the newbies to this forum introducing yourself here. If you got anything else to ask me, send me an email at arun@rimweb.com Thank you for your support ! :P

Hello All,

I am Sukhdev Singh, M/40/Delhi

My ICQ # is 22002320

I am a RIM PrePaid User since 15 Feb 2004.

Earlier I had used MTNL's DOLPHIN, TRUMP as well as AIRTEL's MAGIC (I still have it in my family).

Actual I Do not find anything much interesting in RIM as compared to others.

But I like their Help Line, Those Hindi speaking boys are excellent. I really like it.

I think I have taken a gamble by taking RIM. Two days ago, I reaceived a message that my Other Numbers is been withdrawn. Today I have received that my Conference Facility has been withdrawn. I checked with help line they say they have taken it away for PREPAID users. I wonder what else they would with draw next.

Any the Voice Quality is Quit Good as compared to GSM as expected from CDMA technology. Only problem is with the network. I am sorry to comment that is not better then Trump (MTNL's).

I can give my Phone Number as well as email if some needs to contact me (First contact my on my ICQ ).

Thanks

Sukhdev Singh

Hi,

I am Anoop. - 26/M/Trivandrum. Currently working as s/w engr in a pvt company.

Hobbies = reading and "some" programming. Used to do cycling and volleyball - but that was in my youth :) Now, life consists mainly of staring at a 17-inch diagonal emitting all sorts of electromagnetic waves at me.

I had ben using Escotel prepaid for 4 years - I quit when they raised their pulse to 60 secs from 30(reminds you of leaders joining one specific party these days - under most absurd reasons? :) ). Still doesnt regret that decision. (Shhh...actualyy I got a RIM prepaid since I read somewhere they were crossubsidising the Nokia handsets which cost a few dollars under $100 elsewhere. I did so with the evil intention of switching over to BSNL if they did anything spooky after 6 months)

Saw none of you had put their "real" avatars in here. So thot of putting my real face in here (shades of a politician again :) )

Congrats to all those guys who run this forum ;)

Cheers,

Anoop

Hi everybody & Chirag too(remember me! that "MyMail" wala.....Yahoo,Hotmail on your WAP mobile...

Well busy right now hence finishing fast..

I am 24/M/Baroda(Guj)

Named Samir B. Amin,currently residing in Baroda city of Gujarat state since last 8 yrs.

By native I am from a small village-Sathamba of Guj state

Just passed out M.B.B.S.(munnabhai jaisa!? joking :P )

doing internship since 4 mth & preparing for USMLE exams(similar to GRE for medicos to enter in USA for further medical studies)

best leisure is obviously surfing on net/meeting peoples-online & personally/funny pals with colleagues/travelling/music........

I have an odd hobby(as a medico) to build website! :D I can be reached at www.sbamin.com (It is S B. Amin.com)

OK,be in touch

With Love,

Dr.Samir B. Amin

Baroda(Vadodara),India

drsbamin@rediffmail.com

Hey all !!

I am Prashant Rao from Delhi....

21/m.... I dont have much to say.. I have a reliance FWP and two handsets (LG)

I like being the jack of all trades...

My hobbies include -- > Music, electronics(robotics), Computers (evrything H/W and S/W) ....

I am currently pursuing Electronics and Communications Engineering (third year)

I am usually very short on money.. so I will be asking for money for everything I do every now and then.. so you people stay cool and dont mind :D

As I said earlier I dont have much to say about me..

So,bye yall

Hi all

I am cspn (My full name is C.S.Prasanna Nanda). I graduated from BITS Pilani 2 years back in Computer Science and cuurently working as a software Engineer. I stay cool. My hobbies are limited. They include sketching in charcoal and pencil shades. I am a RIM user since April 2003. I listen to Black Sabbath kind of music. Sleep in my rest time.

---cspn

hi guys,

I am Rajesh.R, from A.P..I'm in final year of ECE ..

So...I am kinda intersted in communications stuff..so..am really into this thin..

I love Telugu, Hindi and English songs very much...i listen to them in my free time..Of course i am an internet buff too..

Cheers,

Yokel..

my name is vinod ganesh

i am from kerala trichur

i am working as a embedded engineer

hobbies are pc music and electronics

:D thanx

Hi Folks, :D

It’s nice to meet you all in this forum. I am very much happy that an Indian mobile service provider has such an interactive user forum. :)

Nature and Technology have always fascinated me. If both are used wisely it will make our life stress free and enjoyable. :eek:

I am a 28 year old male from Coimbatore, South India. Basically an automobile engineer, Worked 8 years for an automobile company at their R&D. Got interested in computers during my college days (386 & 486 era).

As I worked with computers I learnt hardware on my own and did some part-time work with that. This later became fulltime. :P

About cellular service, I have used all most all the operators in Tamilnadu starting with Aircel, BPL, Airtel, Cellone and TATA Indicom. :D

Reliance IndiaMobile, a love hate relationship, but I am finally hooked. As everyone else I booked somewhere in December and received in February. Tons of problems in early days on connectivity, false promises, lack of information and confusion. But anyways I could not get away. They locked me perfectly with their proprietary handset and exit policy, where I would lose a lot. But I enjoyed the free calls extensively. So extensive that I could keep the phone idle for few months and take another connection from a different operator till November. Then things settled down, now I don’t have any qualms except non receipt of bills on time. :P

What I feel is reliance failed to do their homework properly before launch, especially back office. But every other operator had problems but not to this extent. But what reliance has taken was a great risk, but to their size its nothing. And I hope they will get rid of these problems at the earliest. But till then the subscriber has to suffer. Mobile phone is not like any other gadget like a tube light or a television where we can tolerate some problems to great extent or throw it away. It’s a communication device, which is very much essential in today’s world. It has become an indispensable part of our life.

About rimweb.com, I stumbled upon this when doing a search on reliance IndiaMobile. I came across somewhere in December or January. At that time there were very few users, so I left that and totally forgot about it. Even I couldn’t recollect the web address, when I thought of checking it out again. Finally I found last week. All the moderators are doing great job. Keep it up. :D

Finally one small request, let the user forum be constructive, informative and resourceful. Let it help all the users to resolve their problems in a positive manner.

Keep talking.

Happy talking!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hi All,

Ooops....I haven't introduced myself yet.

I am Tony, 21/M/Thiruvananthapuram.

I am doing My final semester BTech in Mechanical(Auto) from Govt. Eng. college, TVM.

But I am more interested in computers, rogramming, web design, laterst technologies etc than Mechanical

Thanks to Arun, chirag, Ashok, Sunil etc. for making this great community :D

Hey friends,

This is Sarath from Bangaore.Basically from Andhrapradesh.I am currently working as SE.My previous company was Cognizant technology solutions.I am just a normal guy.My intrests are statellite technologies like receivers,encryption and decryption. I am now doing some type of private research on satellite stuff.

That's all my self

Thanks

heya.. i'm gurudev from bangalore - 17/m

I read staticelectricity's profile and it seems as if we were separated at birth. I'm also introverted, have a few friends, study in XIIth etc. I love scifi, especially star trek and alias (i'm a huge alias freak btw)..

hey guys...

why is it so quite in this forum???

btw with all the mental power at this forum, i cant believe that u guys are not suggesting anything to improve the forum...

comeon guys contribute. if i had the knowledge u had then i would have contributed....

there is a thread for contributions in forum feed back.. just drop some ideas and lets see if we can improve the forum

hi ALL,

I am from Gujarat age:34

Hobbies: Reverse engineering and business.

Anybody interested can contact me on my icq or mail me at sanay.irani@gmail.com (please mention in subject line "RIMWEB")

Regards & Love,

Edited by Sanay