Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravi_patent

Reliance Communications To Launch CDMA Tablet, High End CDMA Smart Phones

Rcom has given a road map for CDMA during the the con call .

extracts are below

CDMA is RCOM’s core business having a very healthy customer base which is delivering

a very healthy data revenue growth through HSD platform across 1,000 towns. We have

taken a couple of initiatives which are helping us to sustain the voice part and

exponentially grow the data part of CDMA. Currently there is a choice of about 70

handsets available in the market, and to which we have added 7 more handsets in the

price ranging from Rs. 2,000-2,500 up to Rs. 13,000. We are also looking for a high end

smartphone coming into this category. Also, we will be the first operator to launch

branded CDMA tablet in the market very shortly. So the entire ecosystem of devices is

being actively pursued. Thus, we are doing 2 to 3 specific initiatives at a time, growing

the network and also at the same time enhancing our distribution reach and launching

the attractive devices for exponentially growing the data part of CDMA.

The device lead strategy, which Shamik just talked about, is coming from both

proprietary devices as well as open market devices. Proprietary devices, both in terms of

entry-level handset as well as high end handsets. And there is a the value strategy that

we are offering. The core of our CDMA business has been built on unlimited callings. We

have fairly large on-net community and the propositions will be strengthened through

plans like Mera Plan.

full version : http://www.rcom.co.i...RCOM_3QFY12.pdf

Currently there is a choice of about 70

handsets available in the market, and to which we have added 7 more handsets in the

price ranging from Rs. 2,000-2,500 up to Rs. 13,000.

70 CDMA handsets in market??

^ it includes old LGs, Samsungs, Classics, etc, etc.. (handsets which are discontinued by the manufacturer, but still available with Reliance - in their Warehouse..) :P

reliance's hi end phone means selling Rs.500 phone for 10K and selling 10K phones for 30K

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

reliance's hi end phone means selling Rs.500 phone for 10K and selling 10K phones for 30K

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

But no worries for rimweb users.

We have best sellers here..

let me see

what price tablet they r going to launch.

they may sell Rs 2k tablet at 10k

Whatever handsets, I like reliance CDMA

I like reliance CDMA

same here, but because of RimWeb.. :)

I think they should get feedback from the users and Rimwebians. we could have given them real advise on handsets.. :wOOtjumpy::grinning:

Conference call statement of intents made to analysts are like election manifesto of political parties.

Made to make you feel good about the future but hardly any of them ever get implemented in letter and spirit.

i agree, these are just the discussions for print media and people to go gaga but in reality nothing happens, same old strategy, same pricing policy.

please follow further developments here.