Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

MNP after Change-Of-Ownership?

They wont change it till the time you give the documents in same name.

To combat this, write a mail to the nodal officer of the circle stating that you are the bonafide user of the said number from x number of years and you dont know the documents which are updated in their system. Being a genuine customer you are ready to provide ur documents again.

Your problem shall get addressed.

Frns

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I need expert's advice...I want to port from R-CDMA to R-GSM but problem is reliance fellow is asking for address proof which i had submitted while buying original number 5 yrs back. I am not having this address proof. Is thr a way around to bypass this problem? Thanks frns.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Inp will not happen even if it is processed from retailer or webworld.

Frns

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I need expert's advice...I want to port from R-CDMA to R-GSM but problem is reliance fellow is asking for address proof which i had submitted while buying original number 5 yrs back. I am not having this address proof. Is thr a way around to bypass this problem? Thanks frns.

visit any normal retailer and submit porting form thr.

it will be done

is ur problem is due to webworld checking name and address in thr system?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

btw isnt the sim in your name?

If yes then there is no reason why they should object for address..

Otherwise you can try threatening them that u will move on to some other operator...

I am currently on a vodafone corporate postpaid plan which on my cousins name, am planning to port to RCDMA on my name. Do i need to do change of ownership or can i go for MNP on my name directly? Please advise.

You can go directly....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Have requested for port out from reliance prepaid and planning to move to indicom CDMA. Let's see if it happens as the connection is on a different name. I have submitted my documents to tata retailer and filled up the porting forms.

wont be a problem and porting will be successful.

India me agar ownership check karoge to almost 50percent mnp request aise hi reject ho jayega. Most of the times even though we submit our docs, the number gets updated in some other name and address.

Yea, that's really surprising, recently i gave my documents and got a free T-24 no, which big bazaar is giving for regular shoppers, the other day i called their customer care and was surprised to find the connection in my name but address of a different customer and place. So god only knows who and how the back end data is updated.

But for MNP i have heard the new provider whoever you port your no out to, would come for verification , in postpaid porting from Reliance to Airtel, they came for verification at home and called also, Is it similar for prepaid porting also, will they come home for verification or will just do it on the phone. As i heard from few friends that for prepaid verification no one comes home, they just verify from back end and give a call on your no to confirm.

But for MNP i have heard the new provider whoever you port your no out to, would come for verification

New subscriber would take the valid documents for sure. Verification for prepaid is an optional thing.

, in postpaid porting from Reliance to Airtel, they came for verification at home and called also, Is it similar for prepaid porting also, will they come home for verification or will just do it on the phone.

Most probably they wont come for prepaid verification as prepaid is a service where you are going to deposit the money in advance.

In rare cases in prepaid it does happen that they come to take a signature.. But that is like 1 in a 1000 or so. And they might do a phone verification, or might not even do it.

Basically the verification work is outsourced to 3rd parties. And verification thing depends upon many factors whether the company is new or old, whether they want genuine customers or just want to increase the customer base.

In bhubaneswar the trend followed by various companies are::

TelCo---------------------Prepaid-------------------------------------------Postpaid

Airtel------------------NO VERIFICATION------------------------------Verification on Call

Aircel-----------------NO VERIFICATION--------------------------------Home Visit

BSNL-----------------NO VERIFICATION----------------------------Depends on cust profile

DOCOMO-----------------NO VERIFICATION------------------Visit home/check if residence is rented/vehicle owned etc rubbish company

IDEA-----------------NO VERIFICATION-------------------------------Visit home

Reliance CDMA-------NO VERIFICATION-------------------------------Phone call

Reliance GSM-----------------NO VERIFICATION------------------Phone call for some area/ site visit for some area

Uninor-----------------NO VERIFICATION-------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vodafone-----------------NO VERIFICATION-------------------------------Site Visit

Hi, its been quite a while since someone has posted on this particular topic.

It would be interesting to know if any of you who have ported to a different subscriber name have faced any problems so far?

No problem...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing happens.. :)

Yeah, even I was surprised - if you've the port code, you can kidnap somebody's number :)

LOL wow..!

this certainly is good news for me as I have recently applied for the same. and since it is prepaid to prepaid conversion, I am hoping it happens.

and of course no kidnapping here, just my mom's number to my name

would like to update that porting was successful, took just 4 working days.

however never received any status messages right from day 1.

thus I lost a bit of talktime in the donor operator, because I didn't know the exact day of porting.

Dear all,

I want to port my airtel postpaid number (in friends name - corporate plan) to idea prepaid (in my name)

Is this possible? What additional precautions should I take to make this happen.

Thanks.

Afaik, mnp of single number in corporate connection is very difficult, unless the whole group is moving to new operator.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Dear all,

I want to port my airtel postpaid number (in friends name - corporate plan) to idea prepaid (in my name)

Is this possible? What additional precautions should I take to make this happen.

Thanks.

Dear all,
Generated a UPC and paid outstanding amount at Airtel center yesterday.
Raise a port-in request with Idea prepaid yesterday.
Got a call from Airtel customer care today, saying port-out request is approved.
Lets see how things works out for me and how much time it takes for the complete process.
Regards,
Lokesh

Dear all,

Thanks.

Dear all,
Generated a UPC and paid outstanding amount at Airtel center yesterday.
Raise a port-in request with Idea prepaid yesterday.
Got a call from Airtel customer care today, saying port-out request is approved.
Lets see how things works out for me and how much time it takes for the complete process.
Regards,
Lokesh

Dear all,

Yeah! Finally my number is ported to Idea prepaid.

Got an sms saying the Airtel number will be blocked tonight after 11pm and I need to do my tele-verification by calling 59059.

After half an hour of tele-verification, idea number started working normally.

Regards,

Lokesh