Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

MNP after Change-Of-Ownership?

Reliance CDMA network has turned very bad at my place. I am already using Idea along with RCDMA. My wife is still on prepaid RCDMA for last 3 years, and suffer from frequent call drops and becomes unreachable when at home.

One of my friends can get Idea corporate plan which is extremely attractive - Rs 245 for 1000 min (local+std any network) + 100 MB of GPRS. However to get the new plan the current number should be on his name.

I am thinking of changing of the ownership of my wife's number to my friend's name. Once that is done, my friend can opt for MNP to Idea.

My question : Once the ownership gets changed, will Reliance allow MNP immediately or one has to wait for 90 days from the date of change-of-ownership ?

There should not be any pending request for change of ownership. What do you make of this statement?

Edited by Karthik R

Willl it be possible to go for MNP first to Idea and then change of ownership ?

if that is possible, my would port to Idea with any available plan and once on Idea, we would move to change-of-ownership within Idea and then for plan change to corporate.

Why do you need to change ownership of rcdma?? You can transfer your wife's rcdma to idea in you're friends name...

Registered name of donor operator need not be same as Donee operator. I've even did it 2-3 times before...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

There should not be any pending request for change of ownership. What do you make of this statement?

That statement simply means that while going for MNP, there should not be any PENDING request of change of ownership. However, my question is different - I want to MNP once the change-of-ownership is accomplished (ie. not pending). And once the change-of-ownership is done, for MNP, will the clock start from date of change-of-ownership or Reliance would consider the number from its start (more than 3 years) ?

Why do you need to change ownership of rcdma?? You can transfer your wife's rcdma to idea in you're friends name...

Registered name of donor operator need not be same as Donee operator. I've even did it 2-3 times before...

Ahhh..... thats amazing ! Are you sure ? Can I really do that ? Then the problem solved !! Let me know even if there is a small doubt.

Theres no doubt about it... you can 100% port from rcdma to idea. Just apply idea no in name of friend that's it. They are not concerned abt ownership in case of

donor operator. I have myself ported in such cases so am confident.

I have also ported my 2 numbers in my name which were earlier issued with different names. 100% .

Well ...before some months back my freind tried to port his Reliaince CDMA to Airtel. He submitted request at Airtel with different name & the application was rejected twice, later he had to do with correct name to get that done .

In case of prepaid there is no problem.

you can port prepaid mdn frm any operator to new operator.

i have done twice. While submitting porting request DO NOT TELL THAT OWNERSHIP IS DIFFERENT THAN CURRENT DOCUMENT.

in case of postpaid , you have to compulsory give last bill paid copy. And this revels that ownership is getting changed. Thus mnp request may gets rejected by retailer or processing center.

you didnt worry and submit request with full confidence.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

I had did 2months back only. Vodafone connection in name of Amit trfd to rcdma in name of Hitesh. Try to put request once n u will come to know in 8days...

even i have ported my airtel number to mtnl delhi , in which airtel was nt on my name whereas i ported to mtnl on my name. No issues. . .

Port in can be done on any name, the request does not get rejected.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Thanks for so many response. Seems life will be easy. I would try to do this asap and would update my experience here.

Yesterday, Sent SMS to reliance for port-out. They did not send UPC. When called CC, they give the UPC verbally.

Now, I am going to initiate MNP tomorrow.

I hope the verbal code will not be a problem during the process.

^^^

You should retry sending message and confirm the upc code before initiating the request. If your UPC code is valid then you will receive same code.

Yesterday, Sent SMS to reliance for port-out. They did not send UPC. When called CC, they give the UPC verbally.

Now, I am going to initiate MNP tomorrow.

I hope the verbal code will not be a problem during the process.

That won't be an issue

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

The port out was successful. Though I had to follow up a lot with idea and it took many days to complete the process but ultimately successful. All the advise in this thread was useful and very correct. Thanks!

yesterday i had also given porting request with change of ownership, for prepaid,

lets see what happen?

but i am prety sure it wont get rejected.

Last month I ported an MTNL Delhi number, issued in my name, to Vodafone, in my friend's name successfully.

No hassles.

yesterday i had also given porting request with change of ownership, for prepaid,

lets see what happen?

but i am prety sure it wont get rejected.

port sucessful

Frns

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I need expert's advice...I want to port from R-CDMA to R-GSM but problem is reliance fellow is asking for address proof which i had submitted while buying original number 5 yrs back. I am not having this address proof. Is thr a way around to bypass this problem? Thanks frns.

Frns

I need expert's advice...I want to port from R-CDMA to R-GSM but problem is reliance fellow is asking for address proof which i had submitted while buying original number 5 yrs back. I am not having this address proof. Is thr a way around to bypass this problem? Thanks frns.

Give your current ID and address proofs. That will do.

Frns

visit any normal retailer and submit porting form thr.

it will be done

is ur problem is due to webworld checking name and address in thr system?

^^ correct saket bhai....web world is checking address in there system.

Is is not compulsory to submit document in webworld?

Frns

Give your current ID and address proofs. That will do.

Bhai, they are insisting on old address only.