Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I am a student and I wish to take a postpaid connection.

I have all the valid POI and POA documents with me. The service

provider has NOT mentioned on their website that students can not take

a particular plan.

So can a service provider reject my request on ground of address

verification and stating that I am a student and a connection can not

be given to me ? I have faced this situation from TATA Docomo and

hence I wanted to know how valid a reason is it.

I got this attached document of TRAI which states that the operator cannot deny.

I need your valuable suggestions please.direction1sep08.pdf

(I have a postpaid from vodafone though ;-) but the plans are not good...

Edited by sujitkumarhota

Against a Security deposit they can always provide you a Postpaid connection.

Many service providers Reject Postpaid connection due to AV & its in their rights to save their interests.

Kapil Bhai

Address is 100% correct and I have all the docs including the passport in this address.

I have been staying here for past 4 years... I am ready to pay a security deposit..

But they say that they don't provide the connection to students.. :(

And there's no problem as long as the customer is ready to pay the bills.

Edited by sujitkumarhota

If you have Passport & are staying at same address since 4 years. Do not tell them you are student. Talk to their Head. They should agree against a Security deposit.

If you have Passport & are staying at same address since 4 years. Do not tell them you are student. Talk to their Head. They should agree against a Security deposit.

Kapil bhai ultimately someone comes from the verification team and screws it up all... :(

you gave a nice suggestion asking me to talk to their head... But I felt like talking to their supremo. fired a mail to deepak@tatadocomo.com yesterday which is the email id of their Executive President asking him if tata docomo is no more interested in port ins or new acquisitions as they are rejecting such cases. I got a call today from their HO and he said that they are looking into the matter and would sort out the same :-)

Hope they come out with something good :-)

Edited by sujitkumarhota

Talk to the Head. He surely should resolve your issue. Its on the head to go against AV guys.

AFAIK, trai had given mandate to the operators not to reject any postpaid application basis credit verification. Operator has to clear this before selling. Talking to the head can help you.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Once the AV guys rejected my request for Reliance postpaid in 2005 since my earlier connection had delay payment due to Huge billing issues. I requested to the WW Head, He gave me connection without any deposit & initial credit limit was 700/- which was raised to 10k after a year.

Vodafone has given me a credit limit of 1300 which I tried showing @ the docomo store but those illiterate guys.. I don't know what they are expecting...

AFAIK, trai had given mandate to the operators not to reject any postpaid application basis credit verification. Operator has to clear this before selling. Talking to the head can help you.

Garry bhai can u elaborate.. main thoda sa confuse ho gaya ji...:P

Edited by sujitkumarhota

why bother with docomo? I am sure there are other service providers in your area htat your satisfy your requirements.

@ sujit

bhai...see there is process of verification of the subscribers...operators use to do Address verification for prepaid and Address & Credit Verification for Postpaid Customers earlier. since there is credit risk associated with the postpaid segment...afaik, in 2009 TRAI had issued guidelines to the operator to stop doing the credit verification for postpaid which meant if the address verification is positive ( and the verification is post activation) the connection can not be denied basis credit verification negative ( worth to pay the bills )

Hope this clears...!

why bother with docomo? I am sure there are other service providers in your area htat your satisfy your requirements.

In fact docomo is the cheapest here.

Full value plan for Rs 149 (local+std) + Local 1p/2 sec for 45 per month+ std 2p/3sec @ Rs 19 + 2gb data for Rs 50 + 600sms for Rs 27 = Total Rs 290 + Taxes..

i cant find a better deal than this in any other operator :(

@ sujit

bhai...see there is process of verification of the subscribers...operators use to do Address verification for prepaid and Address & Credit Verification for Postpaid Customers earlier. since there is credit risk associated with the postpaid segment...afaik, in 2009 TRAI had issued guidelines to the operator to stop doing the credit verification for postpaid which meant if the address verification is positive ( and the verification is post activation) the connection can not be denied basis credit verification negative ( worth to pay the bills )

Hope this clears...!

Thank you boss... I am waiting for the reply from their supremo :D

Just received the following eMail:

Deepak

<deepak@tatadocomo.com> To: sujitkumarhota@gmail.com

Dear Mr. Kumar,

Greetings for the Evening!

With reference to your grievance regarding port in issue, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per our discussion, we wish to inform you that we are getting your issue cross checked with the concerned team and will soon update you with the proceedings of the case.

We appreciate your patience and extended cooperation for the same.

Regards,

Amit Suri,

Executive President Escalation Desk,

Tata DOCOMO.

I guess they are doing overtime for me.. :D

Executive President Escalation Desk ??

Where did you email to ?? I too have to contact them.

deepak@tatadocomo.com <--- Executive President's email

btw kapil bhai aisa kya kar diya un logon ne aapke saath :P If u don't mind telling..

(I have a postpaid from vodafone though ;-) but the plans are not good...

Dear sujit, why don't you try Vodafone Campus Pack ?

Vodafone provide Campus Pack specially to students with lots of benefits like 0.10 paise per minute calling for one year some free sms and data, etc.

Try to check if this pack is available in your circle. :)

^^Kamal bhai

Nopes nothing like that is available with vodafone.. and their GPRS P;lan costs Rs 299 only :o

lol I got this following reply from TATA Docomo

Dear Mr. Kumar,

Greetings for the Evening!

With reference to your grievance regarding port in issue, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per appended mail, this is to bring into your kind notice that we have cross checked your number with our concerned team and found that your number has been barred as negative verified due to rented accommodation. However, we would accept the CAF if you agrees to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1000/ and we would be happy to provide a credit limit of Rs 800/. Kindly confirm the same.

We appreciate your patience and extended cooperation for the same.

Regards,

Amit Suri,

Tata DOCOMO.

I told you, They will give you connection against security deposit..

lol I got this following reply from TATA Docomo

Dear Mr. Kumar,

we have cross checked your number with our concerned team and found that your number has been barred as negative verified due to rented accommodation.

Regards,

Amit Suri,

Tata DOCOMO.

That's absurd.. By that yardstick, would they not give postpaid connection to millions of people who live in rented accomodation without deposits?

It seems for Tata Docomo "Har Ek Friend Zaroori Nahi Hai".. :smartass:

However, we would accept the CAF if you agrees to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1000/ and we would be happy to provide a credit limit of Rs 800/.

Funny!!!

Kapil bhai: security deposit of Rs 1000 is something that I am being told for the 1st time by any telecom company.. and that too for a credit limit of 800.. LOL Offer.. May be I was angry and thats why they wanted to change my mood by doing some comedy :D

That's absurd.. By that yardstick, would they not give postpaid connection to millions of people who live in rented accomodation without deposits?

It seems for Tata Docomo "Har Ek Friend Zaroori Nahi Hai".. :smartass:

Rajan Bhai may be they are saturated completely in my circle and don't want any new business... or may be they are running into huge profit and can't handle anymore :D

Edited by sujitkumarhota

^^^

Sujit Bhai, why don't you try some other operator in your circle ? I'm sure there are other good operators available in your circle. :)

Tata ko finally TATA and BYE BYE ker doh bhai. :P

Honest bro... Next target is Idea.. :) waise as a last try I have given my docs to a franchisee of docomo here and they have claimed that they will take care of the verification issues and all... If its done then good otherwise Idea :P