Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dev997

Need Advice On Buying GSM Handset

Hey Guys !!! I don't know if its ok to ask such buying dilemma q's here . but I needed to so some quick and needed advice from experts so here it goes.

I have been fishing from last couple of days to get a i9100 in mint condition fro GSM use. Unfortunately I lost some sweet deals in the way, but at this time I've 3 deals that I'm considering.

1. I have a dealer selling i9100 model in Rs 22500/- with 6 months dealer warranty in mint condition with all accessories + back panel cover

2. There is another deal from ebay which is for i9100G for Rs 21500/-, in which I have 2 yrs liquid/physical damage warranty from Samsung pan-india till Dec 2013. All accesories included here too.

3. I have a deal for iphone 4 -32 gb with NEO SGP hybrid case , all original accessories , 2-3 months used and Gevey unlocked. This one is also for 21500/- . I have never used an iPhone, so was itching to use one. Not sure if it will sooth me though.

I have till midnight tomorrow to finalise any one of this deal as all three of these are from eBay and I have 10% off coupon whose time limit ends today. The prices I mentioned are after applying that discount.Please advice fast.

If anyone of you have better offers, please let me know.

Thanks

I guess iphone deal is not bad as you are getting 32gb mint condition 16gb are sold at these price

But again it is a gevey unlocked phone if you ever upgrade its ios you will have a ipod in your hand.

While samsung galaxy s2 with physical damage warranty seems good as you can break thephone after a year an claim for a replacement but it has to be in mint condition to be on safe side.

I do agree that Iphone 4 -32 Gb deal is pretty sweet .. but does it compares to galaxy s2 in overall performance ?

Also regarding galaxy s2 with 2 yrs physical damage warranty, its model is i9100G and not i9100 , which is why i'm a little perceptive about it. Is there any noticeable difference between the two ?

^^^ yes there is difference between I9100 and I9100G

in i9100g the processor is under clocked to 1008 mhz, lower gpu, samsung claims that its battery backup is better...

i9100g doesnt support many games like asphalt 6, modern combat etc and may be some heavy apps(not sure about apps)...

even ics update is only for i9100 and not for i9100g.. so i will suggest u to go with i9100 or iphone..

more detailed comparison here..http://10division.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-vs-gt-i9100g-ultimate-comparison-guide-all-you-need-to-know/

hope it helps...:)

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight Pulkit.

Can someone please guide me which one to go for - iphone or galaxy s2 i9100. just have little more than 1 hr left for my discount coupon to work :D

Please guys... if anyone has better offers than I'm up for it too.

Thanks

^ ^ ^ grab a galaxy s2. It is a beast of a device.

I agree with Karthik Sir, S2 is a better choice. I had used Iphone 4 for quite some time n personally i found Android more interesting and much better as it does not need itunes for most of media transfer and other things. And S2 is far better in terms of specs if u compare it with Iphone 4 specs. Iphone is a good phone but for ppl like us who want to use custom rom & do r&d with our phones, android is a better option. Also, in my personal opinion, after using photon u wud surely not like to go back to a 3.7" screen.

Don't go for iPhone gevey unlocked... Just GOOGLE it to check the possible problems....

Thanks for the advice guys ... I'll go for the GS2 only... if anyone have some good deals on Gs2 (interested in i9100 and i777 only) please let me know.

Have forwarded your number to Ali he will call you tomorrow about that S2 he has. Meanwhile do lmk if you get something for galaxy note.

Thanks a lot buddy .... impatiently waiting for a good deal on GS2 ... :D

^^^^

Try to control your temptations my friend... Because after announcement of S3, S2 price may reduce.. Or worse, even S3 may temp you again after buying S2 now... Further all high-end phones are coming with HD screen in future and you know S2 comes with 4.3" WVGA only...

In my case, I am using Captivate_Glide (Sammy with Tegra2) as stop gap for either MAXX-GSM (if its coming) or SkyRocket_HD or S3...