Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snorlax

Porting Issue with TATA Docomo CDMA?

Hi

I m facing a pretty weird situation. Or so do i feel.

In this time of cut-throat competition amongst mobile service providers, companies are going the distance to port in new customers.

customers coming thru MNP are offered extra freebies.

But ALAS....

When i tried to port in from RELAINCE CDMA to TATA CDMA, the DOCOMO outlet is not even able to send my request for porting... :unexp:

They say even the message is not being sent from their mobile handset for porting into TATA CDMA...

According to them, this problem has ben there since atleast a month and not even 1 customer has been able to port in to TATA CDMA in the last 1 month....

I am from VADODARA, GUJARAT.

THE executives even tried to seek help from other stores in the city but all outlets in VADODARA are facing the same issue...

Just wanted to ask has anyone ported into TATA CDMA off late?

And if there could be some other way around???

Looking for some help/ guidance...

Porting ---> (to) TATA docomo CDMA is hassle free, they just issue a new sim card with your number,

you are facing problem must be due to bumbo staff @ store.

^^^

may be:(

will go n try at some other store soon...

BTW if anyone can throw some light, is there any difference in the message that the customare care people send for gsm MNP n CDMA mnp???

may be they are trying porting cdma in the gsm way...

Porting is same on any Technology

• Like 1

@ankitdaluka,

pardon me if I am wrong. I suppose you have to send the message from your mobile for porting.

Just send an SMS : PORT<space>Mobile Number(that is to be ported) to 1900. Your existing service provider will then immediately send you the 8 digit alpha-numeric porting code that you need to submit to the TATA Docomo people.

I hope this helps,..

It's hassle free at my place too.

Just generate a porting code, approach the Tata store, fill up MNP form, wait for few days and your number gets activated.

my request is rejected 3 time

orginal operaor tata indicom

current operator tata docomo gsm.

MNP request given for porting from docomo gsm to docomo cdma, but rejected thrice.

so currently sim is used with docomo 2g-gprs internet pack.

@Hetal: Oh ...Dunno what they r messing up :(

@Sagat: I generated the 8 digit code...

but when the customer care executives (executive word sounds too godd for them frankly :Sonrojado: ) send the message from their handset, the message does not get sent....

So, i do not even get a confirmation on my number that my application for MNP has been initiated...

@Saket: I believe u atleast got a message on ur GSM no. that the MNP request has been initiated??

@ankit

whenever i sent sms to 1900, immediately i get UPC

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Successfuly ported one of my Tata Indicom prepaid number to Airtel this week. Initially it got rejected twice because of wrong syntax being entered by Airtel's staff.

The other stores admitted that not even one porting has been successful into TATA CDMA in the last 6 months In VADODARA....!!!!!!

i myself saw about 20-25 pending applications at 1 store...

If anyone has an idea, can a i get it applied from other city, like surat or ahmedabad???

or it has to be applied locally ONLY?

You can get it done from any city in Gujrat.. Porting is circle specific.. ie in the same circle (almost refers to state) you can do the porting. But if it is a postpaid request then there might be some issues as other city outlets might not be able to conduct a verification at your residence.

But if u want to port into prepaid then it can be done from any place in your state.