Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

How to make Parallel Connection from one Set-Top-Box to 2 TVs?

I have requirement. There is a tata sky connection in one room. I want a parallel connection in another room. I know that changing one channel in one room will change the channel in other room also. I am not looking for multi-room connection for which I need to pay Rs. 160 extra/month. For all practical purpose, either of the TV will be ON and not both of them simultaneously. However, remote control should work from both the rooms.

Is there any solution to do this ?

I m also looking for this, searched alot without success... Any solution ll be very much helpfull..

As far as my knowledge on this aspect goes that is not possible.In our good old cable tv connection we could use a splitter and have two connections from one.However since DTH works via the set top box.I dont think it is possible.If any method is available shall be more than useful

i have successively done this 2 year ago, but now bayed multi tv and spending rs 160.

follow the steps below

1) buy a RF or AV cable with suitable length so that u can make connection from STB in one room to TV in other, in my case i used RF cable, bcoz other TV was CRT.

2) buy a good quality cable with 3 wire, like one we generally used for audio cable of Hi-Fi system

3) buy a good quality remote censor

4) open STB from screw on back side.

5) from current remote censor attached to PCB/board of STB, you will find that in front panel of STB, which used to glow when we press any remote key

6) u need to make parallel connection like current censor output and new censor output shud match in 1-1 , 2-2, 3-3.

7) now it ready( sorry close box with screw)

8) run RF cable and this censor cable from STB to other TV. U can Stick censor on any top corner of other tv , it work.

for any doubt post here i will try to help

• Like 8

^^^

Great info Saket Bhai. +1 :)

Great work saket bhai need the cable also which I bought from you will take your help while doing this to my settop box

i hrd there are some setup boxes which u can flash codes & use for as many as 1000+ channels .... can some1 throw some light on this

thanks a lot for sharing this information !!!

i have skipped one step.

Although it is not necessary, but i had done that for my convenience. if any one is wanted to know , i ll tell him at the time when he is doing.

If anyone want to buy my old TS box with above arrangement ready click here

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/32827-for-sale-tata-sky-hd-box-activation-kit-used-tata-sky-sd-box/

^^^^

Saket, I am having TS HD DVR and need to implement the above solution.

However, I would probably need 40 mtrs. long wire to copy the censor. I am just afraid that if I do that, it would probably draw more power from the motherboard and then I am risking the current circuit. It may blow up the original unit.

Any comment ?

when i was implementing this.

first attached 2 m cable and tested it works.

then i removed that testing solution and attached 15m cable , then sensor wont work, then brought new good quality sensor of higher cost, and it works for 15m.

so i think in ur case, u can use 40m wire of best quality and sensor of best quality, regarding current, i dont think it would be a problem, bcoz we press remote button only 10% of viewing time, that is if we watch 120minutes, then we handle remote only for 10-12minutes.

Edited by me_saket

When you say best brand censor - are there any brands ? Can you tell me which brand is of highest quality ?

By the way, its sensor and not censor :)

thanks amtrag

now corrected,

Just ask him best quality, i dont know brands.

I went to the vendor. when I asked for the sensor(corrected now: ), he asked for the number and explained that different sensor numbers work on different voltage. so first I need to open the stb and find out the sensor number

Thanks for the step-by-step procedure, just one more question. does your arrangement means both the TVs can be run simutanously with different channels if I take another remote?

thnks in advance for ur answer.

I have it on my TataSky Connection, bought it from TataSky about 4 odd years back .

But they aren't selling it from past 2 years.

I had a problem with the sensor of the parallel connection which TataSky representative couldn't solve. It anyway to my surprise started working within a couple of days.

Please suggest good remote for Tatasky Hd+ and tv.

Thanks in advance

Babulu

Please suggest good remote for Tatasky Hd+ and tv.

Thanks in advance

Babulu

Babulu In case you are looking for an universal remote that controls both TV and STB my suggestion go for Logitech.Not aware of cheaper options.But Logitech should do the job for you

Thank you deepak, I already bought for Rs.2800, but all the functions are not compatable