Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sujit_k

Airtel Postpaid GPRS and Unbilled Amount

Does somebody know how to check the data usage and how the billing for 98GPRS Pack is done in Airtel?

If I check via "unb" to 121 will it take the free usage into acc. or only at the time of billing? I mean to ask whether the usage will be added to unbilled (30p/50kb) although I have a data pack active ? or will there be no unbilled amount (like in reliance gsm) for data usage till the limit is reached?

The reason I'm asking is because I have taken a new connection and my initial credit limit is only 1500.. If Airtel adds up the data usage to unbilled, then the unbilled amount will rise upto around 6000+ rs just for browsing, and as usual they will disconnect the i/c and o/g..

Any ideas?

Airtel does it always like that and later at date of billing,

It gives discount of free usage.

So dont worry and stay in your limit of free data.

Enjoy.

Been customer of airtel since like 4-5 yrs.

I am surprised you think you will be able to finish 1GB on that speed

^^ Even if i use 250 mb, the unbilled will rise upto 1500 which sadly is my current credit limit :-(

Airtel does it always like that and later at date of billing,

It gives discount of free usage.

So dont worry and stay in your limit of free data.

Enjoy.

Been customer of airtel since like 4-5 yrs.

Ashok bhai thanx for the info, but does it disconnect the service in case the unbilled exceeds the credit limit.. ?

Actually I am a new customer and that why they have given me such a low credit limit :(

In my case,it did not cut my service.

I myself had called them for same wherry,they told me gprs does not get counted in unbilled for cut off.

But this was like 4 yrs ago

Even now on postpaid with 3g active,my unbilled has hit till 15000 but my calls and all are working as expected.

My limit is some 3500 as my monthly bills are around 1000 or so.

Even in Vodafone unbilled amount increased as we use data. This is rediculous from all operators. When a subscriber activated data pack then data usage should not be added in unbilled amount. But these operators always add data usage to unbilled amount. This is wrong policy and not at all customer friendly. I think, TRAI should do something in the favour of we innocent subscribers. :)

^^^ Honest bhai: may be they should consider creating a different account for billing VAS only.. Like one separate account for SMS and data(if packs are active)

afaik Reliance doesnot reflect this thing in unbilled, but again that becomes a problem. eg in the 199 plan we get Rs 150 worth of talktime, but reliance does not add anything till your call/sms has reached 150. So sometimes it becomes a problem to track the same.

Finally I am glad to know that airtel won't disconnect if I use internet and unbilled goes above CL. @Kamal bhai does your unbilled ever go above credit limit after using internet ?

^^^

Sujit Bhai, I do not use data much on mobile apart from reading mails and surfing Rimweb. :) So my data usage never crossed my credit limit. BTW, my credit limit is 15 K. But my unbilled amount never crossed even 3 K. :)

Airtel Zindaabad

Within 8 days of taking my new connection my unbilled usage has reached 800+, someone from airtel called me up today and increased my credit limit to 2500 :):D

WOW...

I have 2 connection, one of which is a platinum number in airtel which has special customer care and all, and other normal 6 months old connection. For the platinum number, I used 3G and reached 90% of credit limit, but I received no warnings and no disconnections. I called up customer care and they said they will minus the free usage and account credit limit while checking.

Wheras for the other connection, when I called up, they dint give any proper response like the above. All they told me was your connection is nearing limit and will be barred soon. But I gave request for credit limit revision and it was adjusted.

Does it ever get barred for internet usage ?