Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
city02

Online Prepaid Recharge without Registration

so i had a really weird experience yesterday when i tried to topup a family member's prepaid online for the 1st time:

despite visiting a dozen different sites - they all had one flaw

requiring login / registration before paying!

is there no site that allows you to simply pay without providing any email address?

the goal is to replicate the offline mode where you can go to any shop, provide the number and pay

no password / name required ...

the built in password for all credit cards is already enough security / authentication

also many of the sites require you to mention the operator and circle

there was one that automatically detected this based on the number which is best

it can always be a default that the customer can change if incorrect

finally many sites provided a text listing of the various denominations that you have to type in manually

some would not provide refund if you wrote an invalid amount!

why not just make this a drop down list so there is no chance of human error / typo?

others charged fees instead of being free

and a few even charged in US$ so there was a big difference in exchange rates of 10-20%

i just want a free site in INR without any additional data other than phone and amount

apparently this is very rare!

anyone else have this issue yet?

Their is one alternative.

If you use docomo, you do not need to register.

Just enter no.select denomination and recharge.

It is in INR So no worries if conversion.

www.paytm.com

The best I have seen so far

Paytm and freecharge.in are the best ones..been using them since long time.

^

paytm requires registration and so does freecharge.

Hence, H.V. Nath's query remains unanswered.

Edited by sougatadc
  • Like 1

Recharging from www.vodafone.in is equally convenient.

1. No need to log in

2. Provides the details of amount entered before progressing (whether it is simple recharge, sms recharge or other)

3. Safer since you are not relying/paying up to some third party, transaction directly between vodafone and you.

It is always better to recharge from the operator's website unless other sites are offering you extra talktime or other freebies

• Like 1

even Reliance website offers recharge without log-in.

personally I prefer log-n based recharge because if it fails, you are at a better position to pursue.

@Nath

Why not use the ICICI or other bank's mobile recharge facility online or at ATM???

• Like 1

^^^

Yes Kanaga....you are right, we can recharge through Mobile Banking application of various banks without any hassles. I often use Axis Bank Mobile Banking service for recharge. But every time it sends an sms to premium number for validation which costs me extra Rs.3/- on every recharge. But in emergencies while travelling, these applications came handy. :)

^^ Kamal bhai I use sbi mobile banking, tht uses gprs or sends sms to a 10 digit number... It is cheaper. But only Topups can be executed :( You cannot recharge the RCV.

BTW why do you not want to login ??

^^ Kamal bhai I use sbi mobile banking, tht uses gprs or sends sms to a 10 digit number... It is cheaper. But only Topups can be executed :( You cannot recharge the RCV.

Me too using SBI mobile banking for mobile top up. Edited by ashish_1985

BTW,

i forgot to mention that its for airtel prepaid and since i have tata sky also, i did not want to visit different sites

i hate logins since i don't want to provide emails

i just want to be treated equally to offline customers who just pay and go

they are not asked to register, provide email etc.

the password rules are different and if you forget its another hassle

most of them don't have any hint feature in any case

why should we waste time to login if its possible to 'quick pay' directly?

all cards already require password online in any case

double passwords are useless

i can pay my credit cards from 3rd party sites like billdesk without any login since it just fwd to your netbanking

that requires login / password in any case

maybe this can be the USP for a new site / app that allows any prepaid recharge without login!

it would be the fastest way to pay online for multiple operators ...

minimum clicks / taps should be the benchmark for all such transactional sites

if login is required [and i don't think its at all] then just use 3rd party logins like google, yahoo, twitter, FB etc.

Mr. H. V. Nath, try Giftmate / Paymate service. I used it couple of years ago. Recharging is pretty easy with this serivce. Your recharge got validated only after you get an automated IVR call from Paymate. I think this is the most hassle free recharge service. But you have to remember just four digit numerical pin to enter into your account.

for recharging tata sky

u can login to ur ts account and click online recharge and it will direct u to billdesk/some other gateway,

just simply put netbanking details and it's done.

^^^

Yes Kanaga....you are right, we can recharge through Mobile Banking application of various banks without any hassles. I often use Axis Bank Mobile Banking service for recharge. But every time it sends an sms to premium number for validation which costs me extra Rs.3/- on every recharge. But in emergencies while travelling, these applications came handy. :)

kamal bhai in SBI mobile banking if u opt for sms then u will be charged Rs1 per sms,and if u r using any sms pack then u won't be charged for sending sms.