Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Rajesh Jain

Tweaking R-connect

I've bought an LG RD6130 and am using it with prolific usb-to-serial converter data cable for internet connectivity. The PC is 2.4 GHz, 256 MB RAM with WIn XP Professional & USB 2.0. Though, I've been able to establish the connectivity, the speed is much below my expectation (varies between 3 kbps to 10 kbps.

Can anyone give me tips on what needs to be done for improving the performance.

The detailed information like the initialization string, port speeds etc. would specifically be of great help.

Regards

Edited by Rajesh Jain

Rajesh, U cant do anything regarding increase the speed in Rconnect. Because this company and the services "s**ks".

I have observed that LG phones has very poor data tansfer. When I use my 191 I get 18-22 MB per Hour total up and down, where as with LG 2030 or 7230 I get only 14-16 MB per hour.

Some times there is problem of speed, but not more than a day in fortnight.

In LG number of errors are very very high. usually 1200-1500 per hour, where as in samsung it is not more than 100-200 per hour.

There isn't any particualar software that will make your connection faster. You can try Cablenut, CBS Soft, onspeed, etc. but you'll have to tweak them as per your settings. R-Connect speeds aren't too good, it hovers around 5 to 10 kB/sec for me. You can browse through the topics posted in the R-connect forum for more suggestions.

Though, I've been able to establish the connectivity, the speed is much below my expectation (varies between 3 kbps to 10 kbps.

28423[/snapback]

Is it 3 - 10 kbps (kilo bits per second) or kBps (kilo Bytes per second) ? If you are getting upto 10 kB/sec, then your connection speed is just fine at par with other users of R-Connect.

I have been gettin a pretty decent surfin speed of around 7K, usually more, for a long time. However, since the past five days or so, I have sensed a drop in the speed. I have reinstalled my OS, so the problem lies with RConnect itself. Anyone else sharing my grief?

In any phone atleast 5-6 errors are received while connecting only. I can send you screen shots of LG 2030, unfortunately my 191 died before few days so I am compelled with 2030.

BTW any one wants to sell 191?

Hi Friends,

Recently read in digit magzine about internet speed boosting software,it

is interesting.Have a look at http://www.onspeed.com

S.K.SIVASHANKKAR

Onspeed is a great software but they stop the trial version registration and now you have to buy the software.

well, at then end, all u can say is that you can not corss the alotted bandwidth.

yea, its a different case if ur not even getting 4-5KB/s d/l speed with r-connect, but if ur gettig 7-10 KB/s , thats normal speed, cant be upped.

:help:

I heard from people that I will get a speed of upto 144 kbps and the speed generally is 115 kbps. Does it not refer to KB/Sec ?

I am planning to go for Rconnect in a while and stumbled at this site to know about user experiences. My requirements are not casual browsing and would require me to get into VPN and work on my application from home.

I read somewhere above that if one gets 10 KB/Sec, it is normal. Can someone explain me please. Thanks in advance

Here propler talking about error r more in lg etc, what r these errors. i m using lg rd 2030 and havent come acrrose many errors. so what excaltly r this error?

I see that my even BSNL dialup is telling connection speed as 28 Kbps which is 28 Kilo bits per second and not 28 Kilo Bytes per second.

So, If someone gets 115 kbps in RConnect, it translates to 19 KBps (1 byte = 8 bits)

So, can I safely assume that RConnect speed is going to be approximately 4 times faster than BSNL dialup speeds.

Can the experienced users confirm me this? I am about to buy RConnect and your help will greatly help me.

Edited by Renegade

I see that my even BSNL dialup is telling connection speed as 28 Kbps which is 28 Kilo bits per second and not 28 Kilo Bytes per second.

So, If someone  gets 115 kbps in RConnect, it translates to 19 KBps (1 byte = 8 bits)

So, can I safely assume that RConnect speed is going to be approximately 4 times faster than BSNL dialup speeds.

Can the experienced users confirm me this? I am about to buy RConnect and your help will greatly help me.

30034[/snapback]

Technically speaking, yes, RConnect offers much better speed than BSNL. However, as in my case, I often face problems with connectivity, etc. Also, a friend of mine says that in Chandigarh, the speed hardly ever goes above 80kbps, while in Delhi its usually above 100kbps.

So all in all, RConnect is good as long as it works properly.

i have two software 1 net booster and 2. fast browser.

get fast & safe browser from firefox.com it is better and faster than i.e

i have two software 1 net booster and 2. fast browser.

---snipped---

32133[/snapback]

Dear d2e,

Ok so you have two software that you want to share with us :-),

kuel but I guess nobody would like to have any warez from you,

most of our peer understand the problem of relying on the binary

piece of crap, who knows you might have put some trojan in it :-).

Anyway if it's the source then let us see, or prove ur authenticity

of being a software distributor.

Cheers ......................

P.S

Guyz please don't use software from unreliable source, it could

have been infected with some virus, can reveal ur important

information from your PC, or destroy your peace with your

beloved :-).

And don't think that because you have some thing like anti-virus

can protect you.

yes, relying on thrid party softwares like these are not reliable. The best way is to optimize your TCP/IP Registry settings and see for any differences yourself.

dacodez, get easy on him, i don't think he was 'marketting' those softwares. atleast he has recommended Firefox :P

Well, well... now tell me Arun, what are the ways to optimize your TCP/IP Registry settings?

Well, well... now tell me Arun, what are the ways to optimize your TCP/IP Registry settings?

32267[/snapback]

From the memory of an aging dac, follwing registery entries can be tweaked to improve

the TCP/IP performance, and yes there may be some other registry settings that I dont

remeber right now :-).

I booted into MS OS last time long long ago.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\NetworkCards\\1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\(network card name)\\Parameters\\TCPIP

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TcpIp\\Parameters

Also check the following links, but I think these information requires specific tweaking

for the dial-up networking we are using through r-connect. If I will find some time and

a working windows machine I will post the optimal setting you can use for rconnect.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;158474

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....trysettings.asp

Cheers ...........................

Hello Dear,

You can increase speed from 115 kbps to 144 kbps maximum.

For that you need do some changes on your system.

First install windows media center edition or provide sp2 to xp.

Then download netbooster or the onspeed (onspeed.com) and install it.

Remove your old RIM dirver and established connection.

Now in your mobile phone go to in setting or in other setting area from where you can change Data Baud Rate increase it to maximum as possible.

Now re-install the driver and R Connect software.

After completion installation on R-Connect connection right click on it and change maximum speed to as max as possible.

Now restart computer and Connect to internet speed.

Enjoy !!!

THE METHOD IS NOT TESTED & GUARANTEED. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK -- MODERATOR

Edited by Chirag

In response to Renegage's question:

After going through this forum for some time, the speeds that Rconnect user's get are all different so it can't exactly be compared to the dialup offered by BSNL although "technically", RConnect is obviously faster as they say they offer 144Kbps speeds.

Personally I have been using BSNL dialup from the past 4 months and always get a constant download speed of 3.5 ~ 4.5KBps but upload speeds vary. While uploading anything, my download speeds drop quite extensively that it can be compared to almost no download activity.

Data Transfer on BSNL: I recieve 10 to 16MB per hour ALL THE TIME (Download only). I haven't bothered to check uploads. These speeds seem to be excellent for a normal 56K dialup. My dialup connection is usually established at 46Kbps to 48Kbps.. Never more than that. But even then these download speeds I get and is CONSTANT.

The only problem is the phone bills, I get about Rs 5000 to 6000 per month because of the heavy usage. More than 10 hours a day average.

If I had broadband connections available here, I would have defenitely opted for that. My area also recieves poor cellular reception so I'm not sure how bad (or good) Rconnect might work. But I guess I could make use of a booster to increase cellular reception. Based on the expenses I currently occur because of dialup, I think it might be worthwhile to experiment with Rconnect since its pretty cheap and then try the booster.

Hey TCP / IP , take exclusive internet connection phone for 500 PM and go for monthly unlimited (6 months 9000 bucks) it will save lot.

Tarriff

http://bsnl.co.in/service/internet_tariff_10mb.htm#unlimited

Contact local guy for special connection for internet, was there before 6 months, in Ahmedabad

9000 is all I pay? There won't be a telephone bill for the dialup? Not sure how this works.

It looks like the 9000 are the ISP charges. The telephone bills extra. So I don't see how it would make a saving since I usually use it the whole night so my dialup hours do not run out so quickly. In 6 months I would have spent 3000 ~ 4000 on dialup renewals.

As Arun say:

yes, relying on third party softwares like these are not reliable. The best way is to optimize your TCP/IP Registry settings and see for any differences yourself.
As dacodecz say:
think these information requires specific tweaking for the dial-up networking we are using through r-connect. If I will find some time and a working windows machine I will post the optimal setting you can use for rconnect.

Arun and dacodecz as u say. Are u find any new solution or progress in this regard.

Thanks and Take Care!