Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Venkatagiri

List of CDMA + GSM Handsets

^^^^^

They are thinking that Grand, S Duos, Ace_Duos, at the MAX Mega5.8 Duos is more than enough for us...

But these higher end DualSIM variants are always available exclusively in China for years (S2 Dual, S3 Dual, Note2 Dual, now the S4 Dual). Even I tried Note2_Dual for my relative through KTD (by his friend who is on short official trip to China), but those store people there asked for passports, Visa-copy, etc for getting one. Its better to get them through some local people only. Some sites like talkatone or something are selling to other countries for ridiculous price like 999$ (N7102--Note2 3Gsm+2Gsm) and they don't accept Paypal.

If it's official Samsung store why would you feel shy in sharing the documents. It's just like when you take a pay as you go SIM abroad you have to give them the passport and visa copy.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^

Its ridiculous because, I got China-Mobile Prepaid SIM (on airport itself) without giving any ID proof (No, I don't look like Chinese people)... But passport + Visa copy for an electronic device is not ok, as there is chance for mis-using it...

^^^^^

Its ridiculous because, I got China-Mobile Prepaid SIM (on airport itself) without giving any ID proof (No, I don't look like Chinese people)... But passport + Visa copy for an electronic device is not ok, as there is chance for mis-using it...

In my experiences i have never had any sort of problem in buying anything from China

Kanaga Deepan you are right you do not need any documentation to get a prepaid sim in china you can buy as many as u like

But its really strange to hear your experience regarding the Passport & Visa Copy required by the store

i have bought more than 30 handsets for friends & relatives from China in last 6 months ,from lower end to Higher end Branded handsets without any issues or documents required

But i have always bought the handsets from the wholesale markets never bought from a store, will buy from store this time to check

Almost same is my experience in UK except they require you to have a proper id for a SIM but not for a handset without connection.

Your passport is the only acceptable valid id there.

Have bought handsets and Sims few times.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Isn't Lenovo A820e a gsm dual sim phone.It is wcdma and not cdma

I have spice QT 56, before joining this forum and knowing about the imported programmed handsets for cdma network.

Brought this as was available with qwerty keypad and gsm and cdma dual sim dual stand by.

Still have this handset and works superbly still as emergency handset.

Vishal wcdma cdma 2000 are other names for 3g and cdma works on 800 mhz frequency the phone you are talking about is out and out gsm only

Guys Lenovo A820 comes in 3 variants

1.A820 - GSM/WCDMA (WCDMA =3G GSM Global Standard) operator China Unicom

2.A820T - GSM/ TD SCDMA (TD SCDMA is also GSM 3G Technology Developed by china ) operator China Mobile

3.A820E - GSM/CDMA 2000 (CDMA 2000 is Data enabled CDMA network the one we use here ) operator China Telecom

The E at the end in the Lenovo Denotes EDGE thats what i think as i have seen many Dual sim Gsm / CDMA handsets like A600E , A765E , A365E and all are GSM + CDMA Dual sim Phones

For many Brands you will find 3 variants in china one for each operator

and none of the phones made for china market have Google play store or any Google services pre installed

hope this clears some confusions

• Like 1

HTC LAUNCHES two latest GSM+CDMA mobiles,one is HTC ONE XC AND other one is HTC DESIRE XV,but htc one xv is only for chaina telecom,it is looks like a htc evo 4g lte amaizing phone,and desire xc is looks like a htc desire vc,only processer and ram update 1 ghz to dual core and 512 mb to 768 mb,one xv is best ,grabe it....

MTS Duet CDMA and GSM dual SIM phone outed in India for Rs 4.799

c04o.jpg

This phone seems to be ZTE N 790 and is now available in ebay unlocked

http://www.ebay.in/itm/UNLOCKED-MTS-DUET-ZTE-N790-GSM-CDMA-MOBILE-WITH-3-2MP-1GHZ-GPS-ANDROID-2-3-/251296298380?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3a826d358c

TCL D662 and TCL D515 seems to be CDMA+GSM android handsets but unable to read chinese from TCL website

Reliance CG300 QWERT Dual SIM For Rs 2,499

Since this is made by Haier & name is Reliance CG300, i am just assuming it will be CDMA+GSM Dual SIM but that detail is still sketchy/unconfirmed.

The phone is manufactured by Chinese firm Haier, but will be branded and sold by operator Reliance from Friday. The Reliance CG300, as it is called, is targeted at the mass market and will retail for just INR 2,499 ($42). That’s down to the fact it is powered by the J2ME platform rather than a more expensive platform like Android, though we understand that the price could drop below $40 in the future.

nimbuzz2-730x434.jpg

The BlackBerry-looking phone is fairly unremarkable. It includes a QWERTY keyboard, dual-SIM option and dedicated buttons that load Nimbuzz, which has 25 million of its 150 million registered users in India, and Facebook when pressed.

The device is Reliance branded and, though the operator is preparing a dedicated data plan to accompany it, it will work on any mobile network across the country.

• Like 2

the phone is just looking awesome and good price.but hope it is not a like haier last model....

Guys Lenovo A820 comes in 3 variants

1.A820 - GSM/WCDMA (WCDMA =3G GSM Global Standard) operator China Unicom

2.A820T - GSM/ TD SCDMA (TD SCDMA is also GSM 3G Technology Developed by china ) operator China Mobile

3.A820E - GSM/CDMA 2000 (CDMA 2000 is Data enabled CDMA network the one we use here ) operator China Telecom

The E at the end in the Lenovo Denotes EDGE thats what i think as i have seen many Dual sim Gsm / CDMA handsets like A600E , A765E , A365E and all are GSM + CDMA Dual sim Phones

For many Brands you will find 3 variants in china one for each operator

and none of the phones made for china market have Google play store or any Google services pre installed

hope this clears some confusions

Good to know this.

Has anybody actually tried the A820E to confirm this ?

I checked few Lenovo phones at Raghuleela mall at Borivli but the shop keeper infromed that no Lenovo phones were CDMA+GSM.

• Like 1

most people (including shopkeepers) mention WCDMA as CDMA..

^^^ But here the shopkeeper was mentioning that none of the Lenovo was CDMA+GSM

MTS Duet CDMA and GSM dual SIM phone outed in India for Rs 4.799

c04o.jpg

This phone seems to be ZTE N 790 and is now available in ebay unlocked

http://www.ebay.in/itm/UNLOCKED-MTS-DUET-ZTE-N790-GSM-CDMA-MOBILE-WITH-3-2MP-1GHZ-GPS-ANDROID-2-3-/251296298380?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3a826d358c

TCL D662 and TCL D515 seems to be CDMA+GSM android handsets but unable to read chinese from TCL website

The unlocked handset works ok with Reliance Voice/SMS but am unable to get internet working on it (not even 1x works).

Samsung SCH-W789 CDMA + GSM Dual SIM Android Flip Phone Announced in China
Retro Style is back!
Pricing is 4999 Yuan, Approx US$ 816 on China Telecom.
Specifications:
  • CDMA + GSM Dual SIM, Dual Standby
  • Android 4.1
  • 1.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Dual 3.3" HVGA Display
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1500 mAh battery
  • Bluetooth, USB 2.0, GPS, WLAN

W789_02.jpg

• Like 4

Network

• CDMA 800/1, 900MHz
  • GSM 900/1, 800/1, 900MHz'
will work with indian cdma operators also

Weight: 208g > on higher side!

Battery capacity: 1,500 mAh

but for dual sim, is'nt the battery less

Weight is very high

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I just brought HTC desire XC. Best dual cdma handset in India as of now. Totally loving it, especially when i upgraded from samsung. XC is launched a month back and not many are aware of it.

I just brought HTC desire XC. Best dual cdma handset in India as of now. Totally loving it, especially when i upgraded from samsung. XC is launched a month back and not many are aware of it.

it was launched two months ago around june. if you use it with reliance cdma prepaid then you get 3gb data per month for 12 months on recharge of 103 per month.

here is the official link

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/handset/CDMA_offers.html