Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
StaticElectricity

AT Commands & SMS Software

But as SE said ,

for sms BREW is used.. i don't think RD2030 and N191 is BREW enabled.

I think Bitpim is using Brew to communicate with LG 2030..

Techie guys plz correct if i am wrong

2368[/snapback]

Ashok

As u said above one person name Vidya... said that

"i know how to send sms using lg rd 2030 .For that u will require Serial data cable for the lg rd 2030 and the R connect kit which can be obtained from any reliance web world. then in that kit there is a facility to send the sms .before that u have to gie thae smsc centre number."

But do u know which facility is it??

hahahhhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

there is no such facility.....

thats a joke...

or else we would not be pondering so much...

wahahahahaaaa...

Keep the good work going guyz, btw... may be after the 16th of this month I will start

pondering over this topic, will keep u guyz updated... he he

Edited by ashoksoft

Hi

If any one can provide me information+support for

sending sms using PC on ANY RIM handset, pls

contact URGENTLY on 93269-33979

Willing to pay handsomely for the same

-N

24651[/snapback]

u can send sms by connecting nokia 6225 or 6585 to pc.

No SMS can not be sent using 6225 using PC. even oxygen does not support it. it was supported once upon a time by 3665 or so ofered by TATA (It was color hand set of tata, they introduced first)

Since the last 5 hours I have been pondering over some way to do this ... lemme see .... may come up with some thing ... after all, with static_electricity at the other end on Y! messenger and a some wine in hand ... LG RD2030 on cable... and my brain in full swing .. .I think I will come up with something .. B)

at least hope to !! he he

I am been told that if you can write hex commands to hand set, you can send SMS. I dont know what it is. If you have access to TATA nokia colr handset, I forgot the number but it was the first color handset introduced by them. In which one can send SMS using computer. If you study that particular handset commands using suitable comport mnitors, I think you will come to know a lot ashok.

SMS in CDMA is sent over trafic channel. Also I had come across message centre number or RIM once. I wrote it down but lost that chit.

Since Sierra cards are capable of sending/receiving SMS using a computer, maybe a littel bit of reverse engineering on the accompanied software might help - that was my two cents.

<off topic>

Can one use HCC on Sierra cards, if yes, then maybe a DAPO connection can be trasferred to a Data card and computer used as a SMS Gateway on LAN (someone had enquired about setting up such a thing a few months ago). Would require development of some APIs though.

</off topic>

PS @ashok: if you need some help with testing your application from behind a firewall and also a proxy which requires authentication, I maybe bale to help you. I am behind a firewall as well as need authenticated access to squid.

puneet, documentation of all CDMA / GSM cards says that it supports SMS AT COMMANDS. Where as documentation of handsets does nothave any such reference. Also AT command supported by cards are seldom supported by handsets. So I think reverse engineering may not help However your idea of HCC is good to try.

SMSC number or RIM hopefully (09322278610)

You may ask How I got this? I got it this way, I was trying to send Biz Card from my nokia 6225 to one GSM motorola handset. I was not aware that biz card is nokia exclusive format and not supported by others. So when I sent it to MOTO GSM it received junk characters and also messagecenter (above number) I noted that number, I dont know if this number is corect but techeis can try.

Thanks for the support... I would just love it ... if some1 having a USB data cable ... for RD2030 in mUmbai could just gimme a lil helping hand (by lending the cable) for a day...

well, since this old old thread is back to life,

it as far as i know is possible to send SMS using any handset which has a provision to connect to the computer.

for the RD2030 there are a few BREW commands and not AT commands for sending SMS.

these BREW documentation is propritery rights of qualcomm and registered licencees(reliance).

so if someone can find the brew docu. its 100% possible.

i m not sure but a few of my frens would be working in near future on BREW and CDMA in a reputed Software company i suppose.... i will try to get something from inside [ B) ] .. but still cant promise.

static, SMS handled in CDMA is different than GSM. I dont know much about technicality yet. Brew is just one protocol, like j2me etc. If brew can do j2me too can do or for that matter java.

CDMA use trafic channel to send SMS. Its transport is different. Message centrre concept like GSM is not there, IT SEEMS.

Though I am not techie like others on this board but I studied a lot before abt 2 yrs. I paid subscription to some site amt to abt $100 to know more but of no use. BREW dox are availalbe on P2P network if serched. I have not downladed any

static, SMS handled in CDMA is different than GSM. I dont know much about technicality yet. Brew is just one protocol, like j2me etc. If brew can do j2me too can do or for that matter java.

CDMA use trafic channel to send SMS. Its transport is different. Message centrre concept like GSM is not there, IT SEEMS.

Though I am not techie like others on this board but I studied a lot before abt 2 yrs. I paid subscription to some site amt to abt $100 to know more but of no  use. BREW dox are availalbe on P2P network if serched. I have not downladed any

34705[/snapback]

Thanks for the info ... now back to the topic... Brew info available on P2P are highly generalized and not quite useful considering technical issues of trying them out ... SMSC is there in CDMA systems as well but unlike the user feeding any message center number it is preset into the phone. in fact if u go thro the FS thro Bitpim / any other reader application ... U will see the message center number.

BREW is the platform upon which the Qualcomm chip communication protocols have been designed... hence it would be rather safe to open the lock with the same key used to lock it.. rather than trying with Java (yes ... U can ACCESS THE FS USING JAVA... but I could not figure out how to WRITE anything up there... in fact therez a java applet to write ringtones into some models of LG (launched by Verizon)) which proves a point... that u Can do it ...

PART 2

Today I was trying out a few AT commands using both hyperterminal as well as SERCOMM a util which was sent over by Static_Electricity , for the start, I did a small disassembly on the node software made by hotfoon to see how voice transmission is done with the mobiles and I found this out

starting dialing: at&fe0+cdv%s *lge hangup at+chv  *Found LG Handset on %s response:%s  LGE-RD2130  LGE-RD2230  LGE-RD2030  No Response  No response    *Error opening COM%d %d LG: checking %s ate0+gmm *timed-out waiting for response to %s *trouble with %d *timed-out reading echo of %s

at+cops?  at+ckpd="e%ss"  *

So To dial"12345" it uses : AT&FE0+cdv12345

To disconnect : AT+CHV

Other findings :

To set the mobile into Debug mode :

AT$LGDMGO

To allow a DATA CALL TO BE MADE :

first set the mobile into DM, then AT$QCDMG ,then AT$QCQNC

now a connect call to a number like *365 (data transimmsion test server) will go OTA

AT+GMM : returns Mobile Manufacture info

Dialer options :

ATDT

ATZ

For Auto Dial : AT$QCPKND=0 else 1

TRY

AT$USER_DIRS (I dont know why... this showed "1" once, and from then on it shows "ERROR" )

AT+HT

AT+IPR

ATDT123456789 (dials that number -- connects to it)

ATH Hang up Phone

AT+CXT Decides if a call will originate upon reception of an unknown AT Command

AT&V+IPR - Restart

AT+GMI - Manufacturer Information

AT+GMR - Version Information

AT+GSN - ESN Information

AT+ICF - Serial Port Start Stop

But I in my great excitement tried to change the baud rate of internal communication

by first setting the phone into a verbose mode, and then specifying the baud rate:

so I tried (DO NOT TRY THIS) AT&V+IPR=38400

The mobile hung... and after a restart, The mobile is detected by BitPim, QPST, GAGIN etc but not by Hyperterminal / Modem Query / Sercomm .....

Any1 has any sugessions?? please lemme know.....

Till then I am searching around for more documentation ... so i will try to step into safer waters...

Cheers..

Ashok

Edited by ashoksoft

SMSC number or RIM hopefully (09322278610)

You may ask How I got this? I got it this way, I was trying to send Biz Card from my nokia 6225 to one GSM motorola handset. I was not aware that biz card is nokia exclusive format and not supported by others. So when I sent it to MOTO GSM it received junk characters and also messagecenter (above number) I noted that number, I dont know if this number is corect but techeis can try.

34683[/snapback]

Ashok, I posted above SMSC no is it right? have nokia AT command document, do you need it? let me know.

U can Find the message center number, its very simple. Just sent a sms to a nokia GSM phone form a Reliacne phone and Open the message and in options u cna see details. There u get the Message center number.

:clap:

U can Find the message center number, its very simple. Just sent a sms to a nokia GSM phone form a Reliacne phone and Open the message and in options u cna see details. There u get the Message center number.

:(

34769[/snapback]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :clap::lol::D

Dude ... isnt that news from the era of the dinosaur ? well we do not specifically need the message center number, read my post carefully ... it is PRESET into the fone .. if u want more details please wait for my next post (or an edit of this post)

Ashok

Here Are A Few AT Commands For The LG-2030 Using MSM5105 Chipset.

I Have Only Tested These On The LG-2030. Use These Commands Very Cautiously As They Might Cause

Irrepairable Damage To The Phone Hardware As Well As Software.

You Can In No Way Under Any Circumstances Hold Me Responsible For Any Damage Whatsoever Caused To Your Phone.

They May Differ From Handset To Handest And Also According To The Software Version Used.

I Tested These Commands By Typing Them In 'HyperTerminal'

LG 2030 CDMA AT Command List

(Note Suffix ? To Get The Current Status Or =? To Get Possbile Setting Values.

Eg- AT$QCDMR? Or AT$QCDMR=?)

Have Fun!!!!

:)

2310[/snapback]

Hi folks,

Does this works for LG LSI 110 also? :quest:

thanks in advance...

gurup, these codes (most of them) will work on any CDMA modem. if the LG LSI can be connected to a computer, it will respond to the AT commands.

Word of Warning: please use caution.

Is there any AT Command or any other way to get Sam N 191 into DM Mode...

As there is a command for LG as AT$LGDMGO..

Please reply.........

Seems like there is one ... please gimme some time, I will check and let you know.

But for the record try to just pass AT$QCDMG .

I have something to add here. Don't know how many members have access to this document but it has a lot of AT commands for CDMA modems.

This document was specifically written for the Sierra Wireless Aircard555 PCMCIA card but i think these will work for most/all CDMA phones.

You can get the document at http://mrasool.info/2130184.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot .... maybe something might crop up mrasool!!!

Cheers

Ashok

Dear All,

I'm using an LG FWP. Please let me know if it is possible to retrive the CALLER ID number through AT commands.

Regards

Mohan

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta