Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
krispuniq

Unable To Activate HTC Hero using *228

Hello Friends

I have been trying to activate a HTC Hero for my wife and it is not getting activated. Earlier I was using the same phone with my number in HYD (by cloning method with ruim) and later I shifted my number to samsung fascinate.After the hero became free, I got the MEID registered with Reliance by paying quite some money to Mr. Hitesh Hambarde

He has got the phone registered and programmed some parameters (i think Akey) remotely. Later, when i tried activating the HTC Hero to my wife's number using HCC card, it failed. I tried MDN retain via WW and that didn't work out either. Due to some urgent expected calls, I finally had to activate my wife's number on some old omh sim and use it on micromax phone. Meanwhile, this HERO MEID was registered as lost/damaged.

It took a lot of time and with great help from our esteemed member Hetal, I got the MEID released for use with HCC/GSK etc. Now, i again tried activating the phone with HCC card and it fails. After repeatedly trying with HCC (4 times), I had given up hope and asked WW to do an MDN Retain, to transfer my wife;s num from OMH sim to this HTC HERO MEID. The WW says they have done the needful, but whenever i try *228, the message says " the phone could not be activated" !

Now, the number is hanging.. It is stuck in the HERO MEID and i am unable to get it working with hero !! The issue here is, if i go back to the omh sim, this hero meid will again be listed as damaged ! So I dont want to do that now. Meanwhile, the WW escalated the issue of being unable to activate the phone and i got a call from customer care, saying SPC has to be unlocked for the phone to get activated OTA. The SPC is already unlocked and when i read from CDMA workshop, it shows 000000. But still, when i try *228, it is not getting activated OTA. What could be the problem ?

Rimweb gurus, plz help me ! the phone has been lying around as a paperweight for the past 6 months and I am just not able to get it activated !! Any help is appreciated :)

Edited by krispuniq

have a visit @ other web world and tell the person over there to activate your no. by giving your and MEID

sometimes HCC does not work even i am using hero registered with reliance. I also tried to get activated by HCC but it doesn't so i went at web world and got it activated.

also contact the person who registered your MEID

• Like 1

have a visit @ other web world and tell the person over there to activate your no. by giving your and MEID

sometimes HCC does not work even i am using hero registered with reliance. I also tried to get activated by HCC but it doesn't so i went at web world and got it activated.

Well, as i already mentioned in the op, i even tried getting it activated by MDN retain @webworld. The number has been shifted to the HTC hero MEID by the webworld, but the hero is not getting activated for me to start using the number !!

The person who got the MEID registered (Hitesh Hambarde) is not even replying to my contact messages or sms. Only person who helped me with this is our Hetal Bhai.. He got the meid released twice already and since he is a busy guy, he is not able to solve it out !

Thats why i am posting it open, expecting our gurus to help me out wid this

This is 100% problem related to spc code ni faced it twice. What i would suggest u to do is cl0ne ur Meid in other handset n do otaf n copy min from that handset, if otaf successful.

If not, then hiteshbhai hambarde can only help u to get its spc (which would not be 000000). U change its spc to correct one n then if u do otaf it would be done successfully..

One more solution would be to get a dummy rsn which is registered through proper channel n spc 000000. Cl0ne it on ur hero n then do retain n otaf. But mind well thus option should be considered as last resort.

pm me if u need a valid meid no which would not ever exist in reliance. You will have to manage to register it in reliance n cl0ne it to your hero.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Your OTAF is not done

Check the Meid of ur phone is about

Also try dailing ##000000# on your phone and check if it's working

If u do not restore ur meid properly on ur phone,

Kindly try restore ur meid again in ur phone.

Parin bhai, I just dialed ##000000# on the HTC hero and it is working. I have sent you the details of what is shown in that screen as a pm. Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks a lot everyone for your suggestions and help ...

If u gave ur MIN no than enter it manually

By dialling ##000000#

And check calls

By dialling ##000000#

And check calls

By dialling ##000000#

And check calls

What is MIN ? is it the phone number ? 10 dig# ?

When i dial ##000000#, it shows MSID & MDN options only.

I entered the mobile# (10 dig rel num 93*****) into both the fields and confirm modifications. Phone got restarted and still nothing happened ! i tried dialing *228 & same result !

did i enter the wrong number actually ? where do i get the MIN ? can i read it from cdma workshop ?

Min is msid n it its unique no. normally min is fed automatically when u do*228. Now what u can do is read min from ur wife's Sim card. You would need some Nokia cdma phone to read min.post here if u need Nokia steps to read min so i will post here.

Min is msid n it its unique no. normally min is fed automatically when u do*228. Now what u can do is read min from ur wife's Sim card. You would need some Nokia cdma phone to read min.post here if u need Nokia steps to read min so i will post here.

My wife's phone is now not active at all !! SO there is no sim card with her number. Her number was actually being used in an OMH sim card in micromax phone, from which we used MDN retain method to move her number into htc hero.

Now that this process has not completed, her number says switched off. Neither the old sim card is active nor the new HERO ! so i dont think i can extract msid out of it ? am i guessing right ?

• Like 1

Doesn't matter... U can extract min even after retaining ur no and it doesn't gets erased. its not depended on activation status. If u still have Sim with u, go ahead. U can definitely read min.

^^

Your old sim card in not working but u can seen min from it,

Just check ur PM

I have provided All u need to make this Mobile Work

Enjoy

Just check ur PM

I have provided All u need to make this Mobile Work

Enjoy

AWESOME Help there ....

With nice help from parin, I could get the HTC hero activated. Now only 1x Data needs to be activated. My wife is so happy... I m nt able to express her happiness in words here, and all this due to the support from our RIMWEB community ! Thanks a lot guys :D

I think i ll have to try how to get the data working on this phone once the happiness of activating the hero sinks in :)

Since we are discussing all this, I can probably ask my problem as well.

I too have a HTC hero with me that I want to use. It's MEID was registered with Hetal's help. I wanted to restore the MEID but failed after following the steps mentioned on Internet including rimweb.

Kalpak told me that I had to roll back to some old version of radio. Can someone help please?

I was on 2.3.4 but don't remember the radio version.

u can revert on 2.3.4 as well

u just need CDMA WS 3.8 or a person who has it can help

Thanks for the reply,

I dont have it. Neither do I know anyone in Delhi who would have it. Any other way?

I think Tarunji or Tushar in Delhi

T - Power