Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
majrul

3G Icon on my iPhone 4 CDMA - Am I in for some surprise?

Guys,

Just see the attached image, i am seeing it for the first time on my iPhone 4 CDMA phone. And when i saw the log for the same, i cannot believe it. Please help me with this. Should i go ahead and activate EVDO on my number by Reliance and will internet start working on it? What else needs to be done? I'm excited. If you see the log messages closely, you will know the reason for my excitement!

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: carrier service is available

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: cellular data plan is enabled

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: maximum number of wireless tethered hosts is 5

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: resetting state

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone Preferences[260] <Warning>: -[MISManager sendStateUpdate]: MIS state change: 1021 -> 1021, reason: 0 -> 2

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: requesting to activate PDP context 0 for authentication

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone CommCenter[22] <Notice>: Client [com.apple.MobileInternetSharing] is telling PDP context 0 to go active.

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: misd: com.apple.MobileInternetSharing.auth-0 has been started

Apr 7 22:36:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Error>: unable to activate (CSI error 1, 1 of 6); PDP context 0 (authentication)

Apr 7 22:37:10 iPhone kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[302] Builtin profile: PasteBoard (sandbox)

Apr 7 22:37:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: requesting to activate PDP context 0 for authentication

Apr 7 22:37:56 iPhone CommCenter[22] <Notice>: Client [com.apple.MobileInternetSharing] is telling PDP context 0 to go active.

Apr 7 22:37:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Error>: unable to activate (CSI error 1, 2 of 6); PDP context 0 (authentication)

Apr 7 22:38:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Notice>: requesting to activate PDP context 0 for authentication

Apr 7 22:38:56 iPhone CommCenter[22] <Notice>: Client [com.apple.MobileInternetSharing] is telling PDP context 0 to go active.

Apr 7 22:38:56 iPhone com.apple.misd[299] <Error>: unable to activate (CSI error 1, 3 of 6); PDP context 0 (authentication)

post-75480-0-50614900-1333818896_thumb.p

Try to surf

1x should work

Parin bhai, I tried it, but not working. It says "could not activate cellular data network". This message appears on GSM phones also if we have not subscribed for any EDGE/3G plans. So I think i need to activate 1x/evdo on my number from reliance. I've asked Reliance to activate 49 Rupees Rental Plan with 100MB usage and it will get activated from my next bill cycle which is fortunately 9th, i.e tomorrow. My excitement is increasing beyond limits. Let's hope internet starts working..

On reliance its activated by Default, No need to Subscribe...

^^

1x working by default no need call to cc.

It's not working for me. It keeps on saying "could not activate cellular data network"

^^

1x is not working this is the problem of ur phone,

At reliance end no need to start 1x by default 1x working for all number.

For evdo activation needed from service provider end.

So why are people who are using iPhone say that Data is not working, only calls & sms works. Can anyone using an iPhone CDMA please confirm is 1x Internet is working for them?

• Like 3

parin bhai, please share how did you manage to get it working?

I havent done anything and no idea

i told u i take help of someone else.

^^^

Palluram... Nice name... :)

• Like 1

:previous: CID on Duty

:winko:

before transfering my number iphone 4s, EVDO was activated on the Nubmer. Right from the day of transfer my iphone 4s, I am also getting 3g icon. but when I try to browse, I getting message "Could not activate cellular data network" when I pressed the ok button I am getting message "Cannot open Page because it is not connected to the internet"

Since every body says data not working on Iphone 4s, i have tried any thing.

So is it true that 1x is working by default for all the iPhone CDMA users?

So is it true that 1x is working by default for all the iPhone CDMA users?

Yes

Parin bhai, why am i so unlucky in every aspect? Already SMS problem pending, then all that call drop problem, and now one more problem, 1x not working by default, problem, problem, problem. Kya bad luck hai!

:-( :ko2:

Can you please share your zeppelin_us.bundle folder so that i can try overriding the same on my phone and see what happens?

Are bhai Simply Kisika Iphone pe 1x nahi chalta...

Its My phone only on which data is working...

In Reliance u need not Subcrible for any Data Plans, By default Data is Enabled on all Phones.

• Like 1

Now the confusion has got resolved. I think Vijay Malhotra created all this confusion. Atleast in iPhone CDMA, data doesn't works by default.

Not only on iPhone but

Any phone you get from other carrier data will not work until you make settings

Now the confusion has got resolved. I think Vijay Malhotra created all this confusion. Atleast in iPhone CDMA, data doesn't works by default.

भैया तुम बरोबर समज नहीं रहे हो और इल्जाम मेरे पे लगा रहे हो.

तुम कह रहे हो के तुमने रिलायंस में डाटा प्लान एक्टिवे करने की बात की है .

I am say 1x data is worked default by reliance but u need to change ur phone setting for that no need for activate 1x for reliance end.

And parin bhai also says same this 1x work by default by reliance end,

U r new in this cdma kindly learn something and blame on other member,

I am member since 4 years never blaim any forum member.

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

भैया तुम बरोबर समज नहीं रहे हो और इल्जाम मेरे पे लगा रहे हो.

तुम कह रहे हो के तुमने रिलायंस में डाटा प्लान एक्टिवे करने की बात की है .

I am say 1x data is worked default by reliance but u need to change ur phone setting for that no need for activate 1x for reliance end.

And parin bhai also says same this 1x work by default by reliance end,

U r new in this cdma kindly learn something and blame on other member,

I am member since 4 years never blaim any forum member.

Are yaar, where did i blame anyone? I just mentioned the post which created the confusion and since I am new to all this, it's obvious that i will get confused and it's the experience of you guys which will help people like me to get their confusion resolved. I just don't understand where did i blame anyone! And how can i blame someone who is sparing out his valuable time to share his experience. C'mon people, please don't take anything personal.

The contribution of each and every member on rimweb for me is priceless, priceless, priceless

And if you read the beginning of this thread clearly, you will know this thread is all about the confusion which got created after seeing the 3G icon and the log messages following the same.

• Like 1

Parin bhai is selling iphone 4 cdma on ebay with 1x and evdo for 34k

So the die hard fans have a reason to celebrate.

• Like 2

:previous:

iPhone lovers dont miss this chance of grabbing this and parin bhai thanks

• Like 1

Can someone tell me whom to contact for getting Data on iphone 4 cdma ?