Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
majrul

iPhone 4 CDMA connected with CDMA Workshop and QPST

After people in US were able to enable Data access on their flashed iPhones, i was eager to find out the solution. What i came to know was that they are using a tool called as DFS from cdmatool.com. The only problem is it's very expensive, per device programming costs 100$. But yes, DFS is working 100% once you know what has to be done.

After digging through different forums, i was finally able to connect the iPhone 4 CDMA to CDMA Workshop and QSPT as well. I've attached snapshots of both the applications. But i think this is the first stage of this exploration and a lot more is required to be done if we need to find out an alternative to DFS.

Now the only problem is that the next step doesn't works. If i click on the read option provided by both the tools, i get an error saying it's unable to read from the device. Now the question is how come DFS is able to read the settings from the phone, which other tools are unable to do so right now.

People for whom using CDMA Workshop and QPST is a day to day task, please share your experience so that we can find out a cheaper alternative to DFS and make our iPhones work 100% perfectly.

post-75480-0-80748000-1334068668_thumb.ppost-75480-0-55343600-1334068678_thumb.ppost-75480-0-87381600-1334068686_thumb.ppost-75480-0-14992200-1334068694_thumb.p

Edited by majrul

DFS on trial mode works perfectly afaik.

post-24513-0-08518500-1334070917_thumb.j

Edited by nishsuxx

Nice work both of you

CDMA tool and DFS are out there for a while - and yes its expensive $100 - but if many are there it might come down to something affordable but the solution is for 4G and 4S is on the way.

3754680866_6386e3f983.jpg

My observation so far is:

DFS is simply creating a Virtual Comm Port over SSH and then does all the communication with the iphone. The steps to connect the phone to CDMA WS or QPST are the same. I created a virtual comm port over SSH and then selected that comm port in CDMAWS/QPST and was able to read some of the values conveniently. The only thing which i am not understanding is how come DFS is able to read as well as write to the phone whereas the other tools are failing to do so. If we can crack this nut, i am sure we have an alternative to DFS to program our iphones.

I guess the Driver wot dfs uses is different then wot you must be using....

If we can get the virtual driver used by dfs then we can hopefully crack this down....

:previous:

For ur Information, Just getting the Port is Not Imp.

For apple they have created Separate Servers & have Linked all Parameters, If Port was a Big Deal Than they would have Solution for 4S as well.

• Like 1

Parin bhai, no matter what, finally to write the values on the phone, it has to create a comm port on our machine. So i am very optimistic that if we break this barrier, we will be able to do the same using alternative tools. But let's see, these are all assumptions till it is not possible in reality!

how do i get it to read with qpst. i will be more than willing to share info if i get closer.

I am not expert but I have used in past com port listener to extract communication. Try that method to see what dfs is doing

parin bhai has DFS tool not sure which version. ;)

Any luck beyond virtual port? I am no expert but if DFS demo version is reading the device then you can save the log and see how it is doing that, like writing stuff. See if that works.

I don't have an iPhone so I can't try anything. Thre's a seller selling locked iPhone 4 but hasn't responded to my post so far. will try something once I get one.

DFS on trial mode works perfectly afaik.
nishsuxx, how to use Eltima virtual serial port driver connect to usb iphone 4 like yours ???