Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pasumark

Android 4.04 In Nexus S

Today my phone Samsung Nexus S system got updated to Android 4.04. Still I am yet to explore.

Has anyone got updated to 4.04?

What are its advantages?

Its coming as OTA - waiting for download to complete

girl-with-guitar-wallpaper.jpg

Just now upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 and its looking great though haven't explored all the features yet.

I seem to notice a flaw or maybe don't know why its that way. The System Setting is available through the notification bar even when the phone is in locked state... Has anybody else noticed that?

After 1 day of usage -

Pros:

1. Looks are awesome

2. All the fonts are attractive

3. Menu is good

4. But mainly it is a change of appearance which makes it new and attractive

Cons:

1. During incoming call the phone no. is displayed in very small font

2. The incoming call image size has been increased. But due to Google sync the picture quality is very poor.

2. The ph sometimes seem to struck and move ( may be this 4.04 is taking more power)

So far I noticed these above. If I notice any further, I will update

It's not a flaw. It's a feature of ICS

Just now upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 and its looking great though haven't explored all the features yet.

I seem to notice a flaw or maybe don't know why its that way. The System Setting is available through the notification bar even when the phone is in locked state... Has anybody else noticed that?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

chanel-fashion-food-girl-ice-cream-Favim.com-117640.jpg

First bites:

i tried using google voice search as Siri and dam it works cool

ask you r questions it responds by google search also opens few default app

for example as "what the weather today" it give you app - it even gives you suggestion if needed

interface is awesome

i am having small battery draining issue is any one facing it

• Like 1

^^

Well, I feel its lagging. Its not running as smooth as GB. Otherwise, its awesome.

Edited by @Akash

dear members any way that we can prevent ICS update. . . it has downloaded automatically but its saying me every now and then to update anyway that we can prevent his because i donot like ICS.

Do any plans for HTC for ICS via OTA ?

Htc Evo 3d

Evo design

Will get ics soon

Its coming as OTA - waiting for download to complete

girl-with-guitar-wallpaper.jpg

took the OTA, but moved on to CM9, based on 4.0.4, and loving it

Now available new android version JELLY BEAN 4.1.1 with New features and advantages for Nexus Lovers... :)

android-jellybean.jpg

I’ll keep this short and sweet by saying that Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) really impressed me when i received it..

Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) is the latest revision of Android which drastically changes the way the OS runs, at no cost of battery or performance. It features a new notification system, the amazing Google Now voice searching feature, and some awesome changes to accessibility settings.

Thanks for the information. I had rooted my Nexus S 4g and had been using a custom 4.1.1 (JB) rom. Just now unrooted and immediately getting my OTA update for ICS. Let me see how good the OTA rom is. Else I plan to go back to rooting and using a custom rom again!

Edited by rahulsid

Thanks for the information. I had rooted my Nexus S 4g and had been using a custom 4.1.1 (JB) rom. Just now unrooted and immediately getting my OTA update for ICS. Let me see how good the OTA rom is. Else I plan to go back to rooting and using a custom rom again!

Your Welcome..! and Enjoy..

Finally got the prized OTA update to JB 4.1.1 yesterday night. Seems quite smooth as of now. Dont know if the network is better as compared to the previous versions but everything seems to be the same with enhanced performance. Have the option of sticking on to the official version or else back to rooting with custom ROMs. Glad to be on the Nexus S 4g, Google's pet!

I too received the same, and updated my phone. Somehow i am not satisfied with the signal strength of this phone. In the same location i get full signals on my cdma guru, but half in the Nexus S. Also i see lot of fluctuations in the signals. Wondering if it is a known issue or there is some solution for this.

^^^

It's a known issue. Just google "Nexus S 4G Signal issues" and you can write an epic!

I think Verizon/Sprint both had specific updates for that.

You can start afresh by flashing stock & then take all the updates.

There is also a practical solution mentioned by one of the member HERE