Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ammar.cma

Whatsapp On BlackBerry without BIS Plan?

Can we use WhatsApp without BIS PLAN ? on normal data plan?

i am using internet on BB with simple data plan..so can i enable whatsapp on it?

Don't know if its allowed with data plan or not...

But you can use it if you are connected with Wi-fi.....

hi... try configuring the APN settings manually for gprs and then access whats app... i am not sure if this is working or not... how ever some of my friends claim this as a working method... not sure... never tried it myself... pls share your experience...

Hi! I am using what's app on BB BOLD 9000 w/o any data plan. Just make you when you install what's app you are connected to Wifi. Once installed it will work even w/o wifi. I have not configured any APN settings not even enabled APN. Hope this helps :)

Yes, it works without BIS/BES plan. I was using normal GPRS plan.

how to make it work ? ....i want to use it....please advise..i m using a GSM connection ....tata docomo...

put up the right APN settings in ur network connection, and install whatsapp from its website not from BB app world.

try that out

I think it is not possible without BIS plan....as whats up is using internet connection and on BB regular internet connection does not work...i have tried in BB 9650

I think it is not possible without BIS plan....as whats up is using internet connection and on BB regular internet connection does not work...i have tried in BB 9650

Its very much possible without BIS/BES.

Yes you can. Whatsapp need net connection and hence GPRS or wifi is required for it. BIS is different. In simpler words, if you can browse the net, you can use Whatsapp.

Settings are totally different issue.

I think only apps from RIM runs only on BIS. Other blackberry apps can run on gprs/3g.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

• Like 1

Reliance Offers Unlimited BlackBerry Plan FREE For 3 Months

Reliance Communications (RCom) announce the launch of Free Unlimited BlackBerry Plan offer worth Rs.599/month for 3 months to all its existing and new CDMA, GSM and 3G postpaid customers who have not used the BlackBerry service plan before dubbed as “MERA UNLIMITED OFFER on BLACKBERRY”.

Reliance-Offers-Unlimited-BlackBerry-Plan-FREE-For-3-Months.jpg

As a promotional offer, the monthly service charge for BlackBerry BIS Plan-399 will be waived off for all new Postpaid BlackBerry service activation for first 3 months from the date of activation and after 3 months the regular BlackBerry plan charges of Rs.399 will be applicable to continue the service. This offer is open to all the models of BlackBerry devices (GSM / 3G CDMA).

To get this offer all you need to do is to visit the nearest Reliance Outlet (Mobile Store or Reliance World) and ask for the MERA Unlimited Offer.This is a limited period offer and is available to all eligible customers who take up the service till 18th August,2012.

With this promotional offer Customer can enjoy all BlackBerry Services Free for 3 month as follows :

• Unlimited Free Access of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM)
  • Unlimited Free Access of Personal Emails (10 ids) through IMAP / POP
  • Unlimited FREE Mobile Internet Browsing through BlackBerry Browser
  • Unlimited Free Access to Social Networking like ORKUT / FACEBOOK / GOOGLE CHAT and Twitter etc.

Note : Internet Browsing through “3rd Party Browser” like OPERA MINI will result in data usage through RELIANCE NETCONNECT APN, thereby resulting in CHARGING for the Customer and data usage charges will be as per PAY-As-Go tariffs.

Also Video Streaming will be charged at PAY-G tariffs & will not be covered under the Unlimited data usage of BlackBerry

Offer is valid in all circles of Reliance Mobile (RCOM) except for J&K (No Blackberry services in J&K).

The Whatsapp and Browser can run on any Blackberry on normal Gprs plans without BIS activated !!

My friends uses it so I can ask them if you want !!

You just have to change some settings in the Browser !!

• Like 1

:previous:

Can please tell me how you run on normal GPRS plan ?

This works quite well on 9300 GSM without BIS/ BES. You will need to enable legacy service books, install a service book, set apn. Attached is the files you will need.This procedure is not recommended if you're already on BIS, since it will replace your email CMIME service books and cause your push mail to fail.

Now if only I could get data working on my CDMA Pearl 8130 :-(, i'd be a happy man

Enable BlackBerry Browser without BIS BES.pdf

Browser_via_TCP_all_network_beta_V1.1.rar

Hello everyone, I have Bold 9900 and no data plan, and my whatsapp works only for half an hour then I have to pull battery so it would start working again, how do I fix that?

Also, I did this with service book, should I delete other service books in order for whatsapp to work?

Hi.

Please help me with settings which i need to change on bb 9220..where i can use normal 2g plan..without BIS plan

Plz help me how and what settings i need ti change on ny blackberry phone so that i can use browser and whatsapp without the BIS plan means u want to use with normal 2G plan

^^^

Deepak,

Setting and how to instruction already posted in first page,

you can follow same guide and get internet working on your phone

I have a bb curve 9300 and i am a Airtel prepaid customer. I am able to use whatsapp and browsing with normal gprs packs by adding the apn manually,but every 2-3 hours it stops working and i have to remove and insert battery again to make it work. Any other work-arounds?

try reinserting your SBs

I have a bb curve 9300 and i am a Airtel prepaid customer. I am able to use whatsapp and browsing with normal gprs packs by adding the apn manually,but every 2-3 hours it stops working and i have to remove and insert battery again to make it work. Any other work-arounds?

Have you found a solution? I too am facing a similar issue with my BlackBerry Torch 9860. Please help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Have you found a solution? I too am facing a similar issue with my BlackBerry Torch 9860. Please help.

same here but idea/vodafone continue gprs working with BB.

airtel and tata docomo and aircel needs to restart or remove battery after 15 min use of whatsapp.

just change d operator.

just once change your operator u will reallize that its carrier problem.

just try vodafone[apn:-iphone] or idea[apn:-internet]

i tried with my own BB 9370 and BB 9930 both verizon unlocked models.