Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
indias_no1

Recording TV Programmes

Masters

Need help for my father , his VCR brokedown.

TV recording through PC too complex for him.

Is it possible to record TV programmes on Any type of LCD/LED with extra hard drive (easy to use)?

Or does any LCD/LED comes with built in Recording fascility?

Your help is highly appreciable.

Thanks.

You can get a dvr like reliance dvr or taka sky + so they both have recording facility and its easy to use. NO idea abt recording within lcd itself by attaching external hdd

Dish TV has recently added feature where one can record content to USB connected device directly. Check out Unlimited Recording feature on their website.

you have 3 option

1) buy DVR and connect it tv and record cable tv/dth program running on tv, if hdd gets full then buy new & attach.

2) buy tata sky/airtel/reliance DVR which will allow u to record on HDD in that stb, which u cant pull out, and need to be watched from same stb

3) buy dish tv hd STB and buy external usb hdd and connect and record, which u cant pull out, and need to be watched from same stb

the main difference between option 2 and 3 is that

with option 2, u can record two program simultaneously, or watch one and record other, and hdd capacity limited to 500/320gb, some expert have replace original hdd with 2tb.

with option 3, u have to compulsory watch the program, which is being record, and only 1 program can be recorded. but u can use 2TB hdd, if it gets full then buy new 2TB & attach.

if u want tata sky+ then contact me or click here

A software upgrade from tatasky was expected where you can record to external hd like dish. However no news in the last few days.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Software upgrade is also waiting for airtel hd and tata sky hd.

it will work same as dish tv feature with same advantage and disadvantage.

better go for either option 1 or 2.

all dth having hd dvr may also allow to connect external hdd, to overcome limited capacity of installed hdd.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

does anyone using TS+ HD have this 'pixelation' problem:

during any dark / night scenes you can see large circular artifacts probably due to compression

these are not seen from any other source like dvd or cable tv so its not a problem with the LG 32" plasma screen

it even happens on the HD channels like star world and SD like fox crime

Never noticed.

I am using Iomega screenplay pro hd for recording the tv programs and keeping as network media drive. I can copy, edit the live(delete the ads) and burn DVD also. It is good and cheep. In tata sky and other DVr if un subscribe there is no way view the old recordings and moreover those recordings property based and can not read in other systems. I recommend this type of device.

• Like 1

Is this a hardware and can it be connected to tv like an dvr? Can it record when tv is not on but only the stb is on?

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

I am using Iomega screenplay pro hd for recording the tv programs and keeping as network media drive. I can copy, edit the live(delete the ads) and burn DVD also. It is good and cheep. In tata sky and other DVr if un subscribe there is no way view the old recordings and moreover those recordings property based and can not read in other systems. I recommend this type of device.

wow good one.

how do u edit ? does system have inbuilt feature or u have to access it via pc and do it via some video cutting tools?

btw what's price including hdd?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

atlest in tata sky, u can see recording EVEN AFTER UNSUBSCIBING channel or service. dont know about other, but u cant pull out and watch in other TV/DVR/PC.

It comes with 1gb HDD. The price you check. It has built in networking unit. (RJ45) you can connect hook up this wifi network with ordinary wifi usb dongle. it can be connected to PC with USB cable and accecess as external Hard drive. So you copy and move the movies from P.C. and to PC. Editing is with P.C. only with ordinary video cutter and join or with any other tools like that. It support all most all formats of video and audio formats. in puts are video (Red white and yellow) connector. Yes you can connect with any Tata sky, reliance, etc or with local cable wall Hathway unit etc. Out puts are same as (Red, white and yellow) connector or with HDMI to T.V. Price long ago, i purchased for 10k. It seems that, now it is available for 6 or 7K.

It comes with 1gb HDD.

I figured from the review link that you wanted to say 1TB instead of 1GB.

Thanks a lot for sharing this info. Its really good thing to have with the features it has.

I would contest this. I have Tata sky and I cannot watch the recording after u subscribing the channel

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

@guru gopal

wow, this device comes with remote, thats great, then it's really convenient for watch movies.

but as u said input is only YRW, that means u cant record HD conent?, but if u copy hd video on hdd then u can easily watch with real experiance.

also doubt

does it allow to set reminder for recording program that would be telecasted in next hour/day?

does it allow recording of two program simultaneously running on two different channel like cricket match on max 8-11 and filmare award on zee from 7-10pm?

it wont support pause,rewind, and forward feature of LIVE TV.

bcoz all feature are provided in tata sky/airtel/reliance dvr.

it's good that we can view images from above device.

but i think this device is mostly suitable for movie lover, who watch/record most of movies, and make big collection, as 1TB can be easliy replaced, when full.

if it comes with just 6-7k, then it's paisa wasool deal with considering current HDD prices.

for normal go with DTH DH DVR only.

@setu shah, contact tata sky helpline, they will resove ur issue., btw this feature was added just 2-3 month before.

Edited by me_saket

@city02

the device posted above by guru gopal might be nearly perfect match for ur need.