Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harismahesh

Can I Connect External HDD To Print Sever ?

I searched alot in Google. But I got only mixed comments.

I have one 1 TB external HDD and also a print server modem. So Can I connect the HDD to modem and access it by every laptops ?

It is difficult to connect to one machine and access by everyone because I am having only laptops at home.

Please share if anyone has done this before or got any idea abt that ?

Nothing harm in trying. Print server generally acts as a bridge. So you can try it. I only doubt whether it can work with such high capacity.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I have one 1 TB external HDD and also a print server modem. So Can I connect the HDD to modem and access it by every laptops ?

I don't think it'll going to work like this...

but still can u tell me the name and model of your "print server modem" thingy...

I don't think it'll going to work like this...

but still can u tell me the name and model of your "print server modem" thingy...

I didnt understand why you mentioned it in double quotes. May be you are unaware of print server modem.

Anyways the Print server I am having is ASUS RT-N16 300

Hari, i am getting many google results saying external hard disk can be connected to ASUS RT-N16 300.

Can you check first 3-4 results and tell me if you have a different device or a similar wifi router supporting printers through USB.

If its just a wifi router supporting usb printers, then it will support external HDDs. If the configuration page doesn't show any HDD when you attach it then try to login to the router with telnet and type dmesg and see last 4-5 lines if they mention anything about your usb hdd.

BTW, why is it called a Modem ? Is it sharing printers over WiFi or over GSM/CDMA network ?

searching for "ASUS RT-N16 300 print server modem" gives me these models. Are these the same as yours ?

Edited by ami1

Yes hari, you can connect your 1TB external hard disk to its USB port and it will work for sure..

I quoted the term b'coz I was really unaware about this..... as this is a Router with printer sharing support and not a modem.