Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Which Air Conditioner To Buy?

I am using DAIKIN Inverter 1.5 Tones from last 1 year and would recomend the same. I pay around Rs.200 every month with 12 hours of daily use.

You must be very lucky to have a faulty electricity meter. If that's not the case, immediatelly approach Guiness Book. :)

• Like 2

I am using DAIKIN Inverter 1.5 Tones from last 1 year and would recomend the same. I pay around Rs.200 every month with 12 hours of daily use.

You must be very lucky to have a faulty electricity meter. If that's not the case, immediatelly approach Guiness Book.

Could be true also.

@v@nit: What is the temp setting you keep your ac at?

Everything is possible with Inverter AC subject to Ambient temperature. but Rs. 200/month with 12 hours/day is too very less. Less than a water cooler.

• Like 1

Panasonic Inverter 1.5 Tones is also great but consumes little power

Panasonic Inverter 1.5 Tones is also great but consumes little power

Isnt that what we all want?

You must be very lucky to have a faulty electricity meter. If that's not the case, immediatelly approach Guiness Book.

Could be true also.

@v@nit: What is the temp setting you keep your ac at?

Checked the spec and one correction here this is DAIKIN Inverter 1 Ton AC

I run it @ 250 C and there is no meter fault as for rest all appliances also use same power meter and there is no error in there power consumption. Initially this surprised me too, but that is the case. :)

Edited by @v@nit

Try using AC power saver app for BB, android & apple....

It's official app from BEE standard.....

Just downloaded it but didn't tried it yet...

110 % Inverter technology is best in ACs and it really saves too much power with super quick cooling, as i m using since more than a year! though i m having Voltas Panache,Inverter tech. split!

now i ll be going for Daikin/Hitachi split(inverter) in this summer for my bedroom.

Hetal bro i m writing this in bold and big letters,emphasizing strongly for Inverter Technology!

inverter Ac need to be operate only on inverter or it can be used with Ac light also.

@amitnsonu

Invertors work on AC power it converts it to DC powers thats why the name Inverter ( No Battery or Invertor mixup here )

Invertor

Correct. Invertor ACs have nothing to do with an Invertor.

Offtopic: I was wondering whether these should be called rectifier ACs and not Inverter. Isn't it?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Panasonic Inverter AC's are available at a good price from BuyThePrice.com AC festival. Unfortunately, they are delivering it right now only in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai and Hyderabad. There are other brands too.

They are bundling free stabilizer + Free Installation (Standard with asterik*) + Rs 2,000 worth of Discount Coupon which can be used on their site for buying anything. (4 Vouchers of Rs 500 each with minimum purchase of Rs 2,000)

Following prices are after applying discount coupon ICICI.

Panasonic Split AC 0.75 Ton econ Inverter - Crystal Series CS-YS9MKYP Rs 25,714 >> http://www.buythepri...-ys9mkyp__10091

Panasonic Split AC 1 Ton econ Inverter - Crystal Series CS-YS12MKYP Rs 27,549 >> http://www.buythepri...ys12mkyp__10092

Panasonic Split AC 1 Ton econ Inverter - Silver Series CS-PS12NKY Rs 31,349 >> http://www.buythepri...-ps12nky__10060

Panasonic Split AC 1.5 Ton econ Inverter - Crystal Series CS-YS18MKYP Rs 35,149 >> http://www.buythepri...ys18mkyp__10093

• Like 1

Finally ordered Panasonic Cube AC 1.6T (19000 BTU) 2 Star rating; Power consumption 2000Watts for my sparingly used area (to be used for 1 hour 2-3 times a week) @19K; Total price including installation and stabilizer is 22K. Normal cooling capacity of 1.5T split AC is 17000 BTU and this is about 10% more efficient in cooling. As the AC is to be sparingly used, power consumption was not an issue.

Link: http://www.panasonic.../cube/cszc20nky

Edited by dkaile

Congratulations. Good buy.

Finally ordered Panasonic Cube AC 1.6T (19000 BTU) 2 Star rating; . . . . . .. .. ........................................................................ As the AC is to be sparingly used, power consumption was not an issue.

Good Decision!

It is not going to run 24 X 7 - so best is to reduce dead investment.

Edited by Honest
<< Post edited on request >>

have gone to local Panasonic Dealer ! my god he was the superb explainer of every doubt all other seller have just told me this is best buy this, but nobody have took pain for 15 minutes to explain R22, R410 Gas 2 Star 5 Star rating and Invertor technology details

I got same model at 20K with 4KVA stabilizer

Finally ordered Panasonic Cube AC 1.6T (19000 BTU) 2 Star rating; Power consumption 2000Watts for my sparingly used area (to be used for 1 hour 2-3 times a week) @19K; Total price including installation and stabilizer is 22K. Normal cooling capacity of 1.5T split AC is 17000 BTU and this is about 10% more efficient in cooling. As the AC is to be sparingly used, power consumption was not an issue.

Link: http://www.panasonic.../cube/cszc20nky

Inverter AC is nothing but marketing words..

its not converting in DC also... process with Convert AC to DC is known as rectifier/rectifition.... not inverter...

in normal AC it switch off compressor when it reach temp. cut off.

in inverter AC it use SCR/IGBT an electronics component,, that slow down compressor when it reach near to cut off temp.

there is more energy loss in start & switch off AC ?? why & how? that is long to explain..

so inverter AC is better by ~10% in energy saving... but you have pay very high cost.

For a usage of 2 to 3hrs a day stars dont matter much have a carrier 1 tonne 4star installed in my office And recently bought a daikin 1tonne 2star 2012 model for 23500/- installed in two different meters and when i compared the units daiken had utilised less lower while the usage was more or less same

chup chaap daikin invertor model le lo... nahin to bhoom... bhadaka !!!

using 2T and 1.5T daikins invertor models... planning to change the other splits/windows too

Inverter AC is nothing but marketing words..

its not converting in DC also... process with Convert AC to DC is known as rectifier/rectifition.... not inverter...

in normal AC it switch off compressor when it reach temp. cut off.

in inverter AC it use SCR/IGBT an electronics component,, that slow down compressor when it reach near to cut off temp.

there is more energy loss in start & switch off AC ?? why & how? that is long to explain..

so inverter AC is better by ~10% in energy saving... but you have pay very high cost.

You are somewhat ill informed. An Inverter AC will have two parts:

1. Rectifier to get you to dc.

2. Inverter using SCR/IGBT/VMOS or whatever, for all I care. This will produce AC of a variable frequency depending on the cooling needs as reeived from the electronics. This power will then drive the compressor.

The advantage of an Inverter unit is that as against shutting down and restarting the compressor periodically you reduce its speed to match the exact requirements. One side point, with 1 above a stabilizer is not required.

Edited by sgiitk
  • Like 1

I have seen Inverter AC in pure "AC Motors" also but 90% Inverter now a days use DC Motors as DC Variable Speed motors are always much reliable

Inverter AC's are far better. I have an LG inverter 1 ton AC which runs on Honda 1.4KVA generator smoothly.

the same capacity non iverter model will require a 5 KVA generator.

It consumes less power.....

In an invertor AC you can (and should) use AC motors since they can be made to work at a different speed by the intertor part. With a dc motor you cannot get rid of the brushes, which will wear out at some point. Also, these commumators can be electrically noisy, dinosaurs like me may recall that with dc power radio's had it with the electrical noise from fans.

go for panasonic invert er model.. its super quite and superior ..cooling with econovi nano g tech.

i have bought 1T inverter chrome( katrina) 5 pieces @32 k with exchange..at mumbai and instillation is free...