Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
st_7

Samsung Galaxy S III

After months of waiting, numerous rumours & numerous discussions on the specs, the next flagship phone from Samsung is revealed in a live function in London tonight. The specs more or less same as the recently released Samsung Galaxy Nexus expect mainly in processor part. Here is a quick walkthrough of specs of Samsung Galaxy S III:

• General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; 4G (regional))
  • Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
  • Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133 g
  • Display: 4.8" 16M-color HD (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass
  • CPU: Quad-core 32nm ARM Cortex A9 1.4 GHz processor, Exynos 4212 Quad chipset
  • GPU: Mali-400MP
  • RAM: 1GB
  • Memory: 16/32/64GB storage, microSD card slot
  • Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, standard microUSB port,
  • Battery: 2100 mAh, removable!
  • Misc: TouchWiz 4.0 UI, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Swype text input, RGB light

Here are some Images:

post-75464-0-36865600-1336071707_thumb.j

post-75464-0-15738800-1336071730_thumb.j

post-75464-0-84640600-1336071748_thumb.j

post-75464-0-53419400-1336071771_thumb.j

post-75464-0-34519900-1336071793_thumb.j

Here is quick walkthrough video of Samsung Galaxy S III :

• Like 4

That dark blue looks like black. Touch wiz is going to screw this up.

Peek into what is now going through the mind of a SG S2 user :)

The screen gets bumped from 4.3 inch to 4.8 inch but it beats me why Samsung will opt for a cheap PenTile display in such a long awaited, flagship phone. HD Super Amoled display of the SG S3 uses the Pentile RGBG pixel arrangement which have lower overall subpixel density, which translates to reduced sharpness and degraded color accuracy. Samsung is obviously relying on the high resolution of the display (306 ppi) and good contrasts of the amoled technology to hide this shame (like with the Galaxy Nexus). Going from Super Amoled Plus to Super Amoled will be like taking one step backward.

I may be wrong, we have to wait for actual reviews to confirm these fears.

The quad core exynos processor will trounce competition!

I'm not sold on S Voice and Smart Stay eye tracking just yet.

Time to seriously consider the HTC One X.

The fixed battery of one x is a no go.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Honestly I was a little bit disappointed with sgs3 announcement (especially when u have refreshed gsmarena and phonearena sites every 15 mins for its announcement)...

Looks (on front) are OK, but back side reminds me of old Nokia touch phones, yack...

4.8" is too big without a doubt, especially for persons who carry two phones like me...

Reg PentileMatrix RGBG arrangement, it reduces the effective number of sub-pixels by one third... So a 720p resolution 4.8" pentile matrix screen with 306ppi is in real 204ppi, which is less than WVGA 4.3" RGB matrix of S-II (217ppi)... Further pentile matrix blurs the otherwise sharp looking images... It is ok for 4" screens or non-flagship phones like my epic, captivate glide, Razr, etc... Well, LG is going to bash this shortcoming in all its ads of upcoming phones (like TRUE-HD display)...

For some S-III camera with the same MPx count of S2 may bother, but OK for me, if the quality is improved like in OneX...

Thank god the battery in S3 is good... NO, I am NOT referring to 2100mAh capacity, which is still small for 4.8" HD display + quadCore phone comparing to 1800mAh battery (of Epic4GT) I am using in CapGlide with 4" WVGA + DualCore processor... But it is NOT fixed one like in 1x... And the same applies for microSD card slot...

------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to wait for RazrMAXX-HD or even RazrMAXX... I know, it is again pentileAMOLED, non-replaceable battery, dualCore, etc... But its 4.3" screen, 3300mAh, DualCore does its job well (plays and makes 1080p video + I don't play HD games) , imho...

IN UK, Carphone Warehouse is giving Smasugn Galaxy Tab 10.1 (old) free to 1st 1000 customers, with 2 years contract, who pre order SG3..

Read more here

Edited by csmart

htc One X a big competitor for S3

Lets see who'll be the winner

Yesterday's introduction of the Samsung Galaxy S III has many waiting for the device to launch in their country. According to Android Authority, the device will launch in India on June 10th. Smartphones are prolific in the country and we would imagine that there is a large number of potential purchasers circling this date on the their calendar.

sgee.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy S III is expected to come to India on June 10th

According to the report, the phone will be priced between 38,000-41,000 Rs :nerves: which is the equivalent to approximately $760-$820 USD. In India, the carriers don't offer contracts so there are no subsidized phones and the handset can be purchased from Samsung or any authorized re-seller. The aforementioned price range dovetails with the 600 EUR that Amazon Germany is asking for the model (which is the equivalent of $790 USD) and the 499.95 GBP that the U.K.'s Carphone Warehouse wants for the phone . That works out to roughly $809 USD. The Carphone Warehouse deal includes a free Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 tablet for the first 100 customers that purchase the Samsung Galaxy S III using a monthly payment plan.

Most of the planet is expecting the Samsung Galaxy S III to launch on May 29th, although that will be the version offering HSPA+ connectivity. In the U.S., Japan and Korea, the version of the Galaxy S III launched will have LTE connectivity and won't be released until later in the Summer. Samsung did say that the Stateside launch will take place next month.

Edited by SantoshRoyal

What a lovely phone... people eagerly waiting for this... here are a few more features this phone comming up with... link from official samsung... www.thenextgalaxy.com

Battery test results by GSMArena.com

Source

gsmarena_002.jpg

Edited by csmart

Hey all,

I am sure a lot of you from delhi must have read their Brunch.

There was an article by Rajiv Makhni over the S3

www.hindustantimes.com/Brunch/Brunch-Stories/From-a-Galaxy-Far-Far-Away/Article1-854192.aspx

I think S3 is genuine step ahead. I guess i ll wait for s3 instead of upgrading to s2

Sent from my fascinating Fascinate i500

WOW !

From the link in the above post

* Direct Call: When texting or messaging someone, lift the S3 to your ear and it will automatically dial that person.

* Smart Alert: Put your phone away for a few hours. The minute you pick it up it will vibrate to notify you of missed calls and

messages that need your urgent attention.

* S Voice: Siri’s twin brother that uses natural language recognition to look up stocks, search information, give you a weather report, set an alarm and more.

* Tap to Top: When you’re in the middle of a Web page or at the bottom of a contact list, tap the top of your phone (not the screen) and the phone jumps to the top.

* Buddy Photo Share: Take a picture of a few friends and it will use face detection to identify who that is and instantly email or MMS the picture to all the people in that image.

* AllShare Play: An AirPlay-like system that lets you share your screen and media with other S3 users or DLNA devices.

* Smart Stay: The S3’s front camera tracks you to keep the screen on while you’re looking at it. Look away and it dims the screen.

* S Beam: Tap your S3 with another phone that has S Beam and you can transfer files at blazing speeds (a 16GB HD video in less than a minute).

So that’s some smart stuff there. For Samsung, this was playing Apple’s game and being one up on them. For the first time, it was all about the user experience – the ease of use and the separation of complex hardware from the simplicity of features that we all want.

Yupp indeed those things actually impressed me, that was the reason i added the link

Sent from my Fascinating Fascinate SCH I500 using Tapatalk 2

Samsung has received some 9 million pre-orders for its third-generation Galaxy S smartphone from more than 100 global carriers, the Korea Economic Daily reported on Friday. This should put the apprehensions to rest. S3 is a success.

Without a doubt, S-III will be a success... But it is the too much expectation esp the ceramic finish + regular RGB matrix on display, reduced the level of initial excitement among geeks... I am sure, many who blamed S-III during launch will go for s-III in coming months, but we can't expect such "SHUT UP & TAKE MY MONEY" level of success of S-II now, imho...

Anyway I am waiting for Razr MAXX or HD version of it only...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

S3 prebooked at a MRP of 34k(i thought it would be higher) delivery on 25th may...

^^^ if online, which site...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

samsung has started prebooking for Rs2000

without revealing price

https://www.samsungindiaestore.com/Home

Gimmick from Samsung

@pulkit, 34 is mouthwatering but seems to be fraud website

expext it ib range of 40k. As amzon price is 799$

we can not cancel the prebook order otherwise I have gone for it...If it price goes above 40 then many would like to cancel their order

do we know what processor they going to launch in india? how come people are pre booking?

Hamare coolboyashok me S3 book kiya hai.

So 1st hand review will be available soon

a local retailer here is taking prebooking with Rs 10000/- as advance. he has quoted me the final price of 34k(10000 advance + 24000 bal on delivery)... he only told me the date of delivery is 25th may... even he is promising to provide me white colour... dont know if its fake or not... i hv not found anyone else taking prebooking for S3, today even i went to gaffar but no prebookings any where even every one is quoting different Expected prices and the minimum was 38k... might be that retailer is collecting money to vanish :scarerun:

Yes parin ji, SGS3 prebooked on samsung india official webstore.Customer care said it will be available by june first half and no idea about price but seems price would be around 38-40k.