Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
st_7

Samsung Galaxy S III

do we know what processor they going to launch in india?

Quad-Core Exynos processor will adorn our S3. The US version will come with the equally compelling S4 Dual-Core processor which is compatible with the LTE network there.

This in all likelihood is a hoax, so use your own discretion. As per a listing on ebay, a seller has put up the Samsung Galaxy S 3 for pre-order sporting a wicked price tag of Rs.44,770. Delivery after June 1st.

Link: http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-S3-White-And-Blue-/180887785968?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2a1dc091f0

^^^ i have got a final quotation of 38k from the samsung distributor of karol bagh.. delivery first week of june...

32gb or 64gb?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

i have got a final quotation of 38k from the samsung distributor of karol bagh.. delivery first week of june...

Thanks for clarifying.

That is more realistic. Still a bit optimistic though

^^^ i have got a final quotation of 38k from the samsung distributor of karol bagh.. delivery first week of june...

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

They will match one x pricing

source: http://tech2.in.com/news/smartphones/samsung-blocks-svoice-feature-on-nongalaxy-s-iii-devices/309342

Samsung blocks S-Voice feature on non-Galaxy S III devices

When Apple launched the iPhone 4S, the highlighted feature of the smartphone was the voice recognition assistant, Siri. However, unlike most Apple features, this software was available only for the iPhone 4S and not for any other of their iOS devices. The new iPad, though has been an exception, since Siri features on it. Recently Samsung showed off the Galaxy S III and like its Cupertino rival, the brand too, has equipped a voice recognition software with the feature called S-Voice, which of course is one of the highlighted features of this yet to be launched handset. Like in the case of Apple, wherein developers began dishing out this software to other iOS devices via a jailbreak, Samsung too is facing a dilemma where developers at XDA forums have offered S-Voice to other Android devices running Google’s latest operating system, Ice Cream Sandwich. It seems that this feat has not gone down too well with the folks at Samsung and they have now blocked this service from being used on any other device, except on the Galaxy S III.

As per a report by TNW, “The S-Voice APK, which contained services that were exclusive to the Galaxy S III, allowed owners of other Ice Cream Sandwich-powered smartphones to install Samsung’s new voice assistant (its Siri rival) and perform commands on their devices. It appears that in the last 24 hours, Samsung (and it’s partner Vlingo, the technology behind the voice functions) have begun detecting requests from non-supported devices and blocking them, displaying the message: ”Network Error. Please Try Again.”

A post by an XDA member provides details about the script that is sent from Android devices to Vlingo servers and states that when they try accessing this feature on a handset other than the Galaxy S III, they receive the message which states,

63.116.58.58 10.8.0.1 HTTP 340 HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

Expert Info (Chat/Sequence): HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

The report by TNW goes on to state, “By sending a string of data that identifies the device generating the requests, Vlingo can proactively block any device that shouldn’t have access to S-Voice. However, this does mean that it could be possible to spoof the device ID of an unsupported device, fooling Vlingo into processing requests again.”

It appears that Samsung wants the S-Voice feature to be exclusive to their Galaxy S III smartphone. The brand has added a lot to the feature set of this handset, hence they aim to keep this new feature exclusive to this device only and do not want it shared on other Android Ice Cream Sandwich devices

whoops .. it seems a workaround is already reached...lol

(see the end of the page in the source link above.)

Rïţïk Vĕrmā

it is brought back again! by changing the device's identity to gt-19300 in a root file..

Today I had a chance to chat with one of reputed local mobile stores owner here in Hyderabad, I asked him about the pricing & availability of S3 for which he said pricing would be anywhere between 34k-38k, but not more than 38k, coming to the availability he said he may be able to get it in his store at the end of this month May 30, but he is confident that he will be able to get stock in first week of June.

It is selling for 39990 on buytheprice and saholic

Samsung Galaxy S3 is now the most pre-ordered gadget in history at nine million - beating the iPhone 4S's four million

• S3 will be fastest selling gadget in history
  • Analysts predict Android usage will swell from an estimated 350million users today to one billion by end of 2013
  • Windows Phone continues to sit at bottom of smartphone market as users stick with Apple and Android

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

It is now available with at a discount of Rs. 1915 at buytheprice.com by using Coupon code ICICI for Rs. 36,375

That is the price of 16GB. Some reports say it will be priced between 34-38k. Assuming that to be correct, this should be the price of 32/ 64 GB.

So what should be done? Wait?

Anyone on rimweb considering buying this phone?

Canadian Bound Galaxy S3 models(may be some U.S bound models also) are confirmed to have 2GB RAM

Source

That is the price of 16GB. Some reports say it will be priced between 34-38k.

That is exact price bracket quoted by the owner of one of popular Mobile Store here in Hyderabad.

Also there is a live webcast of Launching of S3 in India is being telecasted here as I write this.

Today I had a chance to chat with one of reputed local mobile stores owner here in Hyderabad, I asked him about the pricing & availability of S3 for which he said pricing would be anywhere between 34k-38k, but not more than 38k, coming to the availability he said he may be able to get it in his store at the end of this month May 30, but he is confident that he will be able to get stock in first week of June.

So now we know the price. And it is much beyond all expectations and that too of 16 GB. I wonder why Samsung is trying to do an apple with s3. Buoyed by the success of note and s2?

Hmmm, 43k for S-III.... I fear Sammy might have asked us for an arm and leg if they gave S-III with good looks, premium materials (metal/ceramic), SuperAMOLED+ (RGBRGB and NOT RGBG pentile matrix), 2GB RAM as in Americas, etc...

But the main disappointment here is, the launch of S-III will never affect price of S-II or even S... S for around 20k, S-II for around 30k, S-III around 40k... More good reasons to wait for Razr MAXX, imho...

Ordered for 35k

:previous:

Congrats from where u got it, tempting price

Ordered for 35k

I think its available on indiaplaza.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ordered for 35k

Congrats! that's a good price, but what is this 43k price for?, is it 64GB model's price?

On Indiaplaza only white models are available