Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
st_7

Samsung Galaxy S III

Yes I ordered on India plaza. Let us see when they deliver. It's available on ngpay for 36k.

As for 43k, it is the retail price or MRP if you like. The dealers have their own margin. They can decide what price they want to sell it for below 43k of course.

If you want to know what is inside S3 even befor you could lay your hands on one then here is the teardown of Galaxy S3 from chipworks.com

^^^

When the individual component cost figures come out and totalled, manufacturing cost of S III most probably won't exceed US $ 200.

iPhone 4S costs approx. US $ 188 to manufacture and apple does not manufacture anything, Samsung is biggest component supplier to apple.

Assuming Samsung sells components at some profit to apple, the cost for own use has to be even lower.

Exactly rajan ji,

It's super huge margin in mobiles and more than that it's all copy to copy.

I don't understand why we need quad core processors in mobile when our work laptop happily do dual core ?

may be in three to four month we may see attractive S3 price....which may be around 30k

Maybe we'll see a lowering of s2 prices. That would be really great.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G

Battery is awesome as per reviews on xda. One chap got around 9 hours on screen time. :o

The Samsung Galaxy S III is arriving at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular this month the Samsung Galaxy S III will have a starting price of $199 though exact pricing and release dates are still forthcoming for each. When it comes to specs, Samsung took the time to highlight the fact the U.S. versions will be getting the S4 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 2GB of internal RAM, which is exactly the same as the Japanese and Canadian releases of the device. In other words, as speculated, the device will have the same iconic look across the board, which even Samsung has noted as being an industry first. Samsung made this announcement in a press release. Even AT&T has put up a Galaxy S3 page on their website

Source

^^ i dont understand why everybody comes out with different specs in US and res of the world. we will not get quad core unless RCOM introduces and that we can only dream in our dreams.

Edited by csmart

^^^^^

All due to LTE (Sprint/Verizon/AT&T) and 41Mbps 3G 4G (T-Mobile)... They have to go for DualCore-S4, but it is NOT that bad as those phones come with 2GB of RAM.. Further, QuadExynos > DualS4 > Tegra3Quad and DualS4+2GB_RAM is better than QuadExynos+1GB_RAM, esp when heavy games and apps comes, imho...

• Like 1

Will any version work with LTE India in future RIL?

^^^^^

All due to LTE (Sprint/Verizon/AT&T) and 41Mbps 3G 4G (T-Mobile)... They have to go for DualCore-S4, but it is NOT that bad as those phones come with 2GB of RAM.. Further, QuadExynos > DualS4 > Tegra3Quad and DualS4+2GB_RAM is better than QuadExynos+1GB_RAM, esp when heavy games and apps comes, imho...

+1.

Qualcomm S4 Crait SOC is one beast of a chipset. It trashed Tegra 3 Quad Core in some of the benchmarks and is no slouch even compared with Exynos Quad Core. Seriously i don't think few points difference here or there in benchmarks makes any difference to overall usability whereas 2 GB RAM sure does.

For CDMA users in India, US versions of S III may turn out to be a better value proposition compared to GSM users.

Long live bad ESN.. :smartass:

Ordered for 35k

party time on 9th :D

All MAJOR US TELECOM OPERATORS HAVE ANNOUNCED AVAILABILITY & PRICE OF GALAXY S III:

Today seems to be Super Monday for US people as all most all US major operators have announced availability & pricing of Galaxy S III.

SPRINT: Sprint announced this morning that they will be offering the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S III starting June 21st. The Galaxy S III will be available in 16GB ($199) and 32GB ($249) and also in both Pebble Blue and Marble White. Pre-Orders will be taken from tomorrow JUNE 5, 2012.

T-MOBILE: Galaxy S III will be available with T-Mobile starting June 21, only thing is that there is no word yet on pre-order's date. Interesting thing is that it will be using same S4 chip that other US carriers models using & 41MBps network, instead of exynos processor as previously rumoured(it was rumoured that T-Mobile model will be same as International model, as T-Mobile doesn't have LTE network).

VERIZON: With Verizon the Galaxy S III will be available for pre-orders starting June 6,2012, but no word on actual delivery or availability of the phone. It'll run $199 on contract for a 16GB model, and $249 for a 32GB model.

US CELLULAR: US Cellular will start to take pre-orders for Galaxy S III from June 12,2012. Available in stores from July.

• Like 1

Ordered for 35k

Party ke laayak paise hi nahin bache

Ordered for 35k

Party ke laayak paise hi nahin bache

Lol:D, u paid "PRICE" for being the first one in this forum to get S3.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

i had order razr and paid 10k in advance to a guy named gaurav on 8th, he got the phone and i even saw it personally but he is unable to get it working. he took it to a guy named pritam in lajpat nagar and called me there, pritam tried calling a few guys but cud not unlock the handset !!!!! now he says that reliance servers r down and the esn cannot be transferred and wud take a week to 10 days. Pissed to the core, have asked him for refund on saturday, Now i will hold my money and wait for S3 cdma from verizon :P:

guess its worth the waiting :)

hope some guys here will import it asap :)

Thinking of getting Sprint S3 32gb at 249$ from US...

that's a wonderful price. Bad esn?

@nitink 10k is amazing price for Razr....

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

S3 is going to be a LTE device

Is it flash-able is a big question, After Droid Charge None of the Samsung phones are flashable,

if its same for S3 than its not going to be on the forum

that's a wonderful price. Bad esn?

Nope, that is the price as mentioned on engadget.

S3 is going to be a LTE device

Is it flash-able is a big question, After Droid Charge None of the Samsung phones are flashable,

if its same for S3 than its not going to be on the forum

As per my reports, it should be able to work here.

one for me too, i can send ya some money as well. but i wud need cdma version.

ty

@nitink 10k is amazing price for Razr....

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

naa, 10k was advance and balance 9k i wud hv paid after i got the handset.