Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
st_7

Samsung Galaxy S III

I guess the RAM is pretty sufficient. But a few of friends tell me that their Samsung Galaxy shuts down on its own.

wk23rm.png

Yeah, read somewhere its being launched. By the way I still don't understand why anyone would want a phone with higher in built storage when there is an option of expandable storage.

@tanveer... yeah true... we have expendable memory... but personally what i've experienced... The internal memory gives great performance as compared to mmc... dont know if that's the fact... but i personally felt that as tried using diff phones...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

You can always move stuff like music, pics and videos to sd card and keep the internal memory for apps etc.

Samsung Galaxy S3 spotted running official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Source

Rumors have been circulating over the past couple of weeks suggesting Samsung’s hard at work on a Jelly Bean update for the (international) Galaxy S3, and that release is slated for late August or early September. Today we have the first indication of what this new software version might actually look like, as video footage of Android 4.1 on the S3 has leaked out from Mexican site AndroidMX.

The video shows exactly what we’d expect Jelly Bean on the Galaxy S3 to look like -- you’ve still got all your TouchWiz customizations there, and that’s still 90 percent of what you’ll see in normal operation. However, fancy new Jelly Bean features like Google Now and the redesigned notification area are present and accounted for.

As for speed, the S3 looks fast on Android 4.1, but then it’s pretty speedy on ICS, too, so that’s nothing new.

Regardless of how much new stuff there ends up being in this update, international Galaxy S3 owners will be hoping that the rumors of a release in the next month or so turn out to be true. We’ll certainly be crossing our fingers.

• Like 1

Read somewhere that it's going to release on 29th of this month. Waiting impatiently

^^^^

Yes, along with announcement for Galaxy Note-II...

Samsung has officially reduced MRP of Galaxy S3 from Rs 38,900 to Rs 34,900 in India. So normal street/online price should NOW be in the range of Rs 32.5-33.5K.

• Like 1

Only now S-III got its correct price, imho... Anyway Sammy has got enough profit from early adopters... Now let us hope they will reduce the price of S-II to level of OG S and OG Note to S-II level (and eventually stop OG S)...

• Like 1

Very true KD ji, though I doubt it will happen but we can always hope...

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

Price Drop Reason IPhone5

Sasmung ki fat ke ek ho gayi hai

apple-samsung.jpg

• Like 4

In Sep I purchased it for 34K using India Plaza Coupon. Bach Gaya

Samsung Starts Galaxy S III Jelly Bean Update

Source

Samsung has just started with rolling out the first official Jelly Bean updates for the Galaxy S III.

The first Jelly-Bean Android 4.1.1 update is for Poland!

The firmware is: PDA I9300XXDLIB CSC I9300OXFDLI1 MODEM I9300XXDLIB

The Jelly Bean update will have a few enchantments like:

- Better performance, thanks to Project Butter it’s even smoother and faster

- Reorganized settings menu

- 2 Homescreen modes

- New Notifications bar

- Google Now

- Resizable Pop-up play screen

These are just a few enchantments, you’ll probably notice some more changements. Samsung will roll out the Jelly Bean update in more countries later this month. You can use KIES or OTA (Over-The-Air) to update to the latest version of Android. Make sure you’re on WIFI and that your battery is at least on 50%. If you want to flash, you’ll need to download the firmware and use ODIN to flash.

Read an article on TOI from samsung saying they are under development for their new range of galaxy handsets along with current S3 and note1 and note 2, for providing unbreakable glass.

http://tecgossip.com/2012/12/samsung-galaxy-smartphones-price-cut-india.html

Samsung has cut prices of its popular Galaxy range of smartphones in India. The Galaxy S III received the biggest price drop of Rs 3,000 for both 16GB and 32GB variants . On Flipkart, the Galaxy S III 16GB variant is now available for Rs 31,900 while the 32GB variant is available for Rs 34,900 on Saholic. The Galaxy S III, which was launched in June this year for Rs 43,000, has received a price drop of 25 percent in last six months!

According to PriceBaba.com, Samsung has also cut the price of the first-generation Galaxy Note by Rs 2,490 and it is now available for Rs 26,000. The Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 also received a price cut of Rs 1,000 and is now available for Rs 10,000 while the Galaxy S Duos got a price cut of Rs 2,000 and sports a price tag of Rs 14,000.

If I Install on my Indian Samsung S3
PDA: I9300XXELLC

CSC: I9300PHEELL3

Version: 4.1.2

Date: 2013-01-03

Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

Will it be possible for me to get back to Indian ROM for getting warranty of any sort.

Technically yes. Though I too would want to go back. I am on a custom rom, custom kernel and custom recovery.

• Like 1

Will it be possible for me to get back to Indian ROM for getting warranty of any sort.
Technically yes. Though I too would want to go back. I am on a custom rom, custom kernel and custom recovery.

This video will help you in going stock. Even the ROM counter meter can be set to zero if you need to go to Samsung Service Center.

Edited by mgdelhi
  • Like 2

@ Mukesh,

Thanks for the Video.

Request you to please also post a link for the software mentioned in attached Video.

@ Mukesh,

Thanks for the Video.

Request you to please also post a link for the software mentioned in attached Video.

Here you go.

Firmware:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

You can download Triangle Away from:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Edited by mgdelhi
  • Like 2

Thanks Tanveer and Mukesh.

I am now on I9300XXELLC

with multi window