Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pasumark

Reliance GSM Intra-Circle Roaming With Aircel in Tamilnadu

I was having a chat with Aircel territory manager and he informed me about this agreement. So in Reliance GSM non coverage area in Tamilnadu if Aircel has coverage, we will be able to use Reliance GSM. We will be able to see Aircel logo instead of Reliance logo.

But unlike inter-circle roaming we cannot select the operator, i.e. if both Reliance GSM and Aircel have coverage, we cannot select Aircel. It is automatically selected. This is what he said.

Anyone having RGSM, please try and post your experience

This is same as Tata Docomo-Loop Mobile partnership here in Mumbai.

If I dont get TATA coverage it switches to loop mobile.

But here I can select Loop Mobile manually .. thts the difference ...

I have altered preferred network list using hidden menu in my android phone and now I have Loop Mobile preference over Tata .. though it has Tata SIM ...so i am always roaming ... Data also works fine w/o additional charges with TATA's APN ....hahah ....

the same thing happens in kolkata,docomo and aircel have intra circle roaming!!you can select which network you want to use without extra charges!

Ganesan Sir, afaik TataDocomo has coverage tie-up (intra circle roaming) with Aircel, but NOT sure about RGsm... On the way from Sivakasi to Virudhunagar, esp after amathur, the network switches from TD to Aircel (TD has zero coverage in this area)... It happens automatically..

But one day, the network was Aircel only even when I reached my home in Sivakasi and all calls were getting connected without any issue... I was using BB8830 at that time...

Lot of Tata Docomo users enjoying a good coverage using Aircel network in TN. But if the Aircel network is already conjested, then Docomo users finds frequent call cuts while on travelling. Now RGsm also in the tieup which is a boost for Rgsm users.

Off Topic: It seems that Aircel has some distance with Voda+AT+Idea cartel in the recent telecom issues. What about a new cartel : Aircell+Docomo+Reliance?

Good.

So it is as simple as this - we can enjoy Aircel coverage in Tamilnadu by using a RGSM connection or Docomo connection. And we will also be able to enjoy the low tariffs of RGSM or Docomo.

So is it a win-win situation for customers or are there any disadvantages?

Ganesan Sir, afaik TataDocomo has coverage tie-up (intra circle roaming) with Aircel, but NOT sure about RGsm... On the way from Sivakasi to Virudhunagar, esp after amathur, the network switches from TD to Aircel (TD has zero coverage in this area)... It happens automatically..

But one day, the network was Aircel only even when I reached my home in Sivakasi and all calls were getting connected without any issue... I was using BB8830 at that time...

Dear Kanaga - does it show Docomo logo or Aircel logo when your Docomo links to Aircel tower?

Ganesan sir, in BB8830 it shows one triangle (means roaming) + the name "Aircel"...

:previous:

Thanks Kanaga

Recd sms last week from rgsm to the

Effect that we can now enjoy more than 4155 towers across TN. Sorry seamless connectivity across TN.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

@ ganesan,

Can you check with your aircel source, if rgsm will have a similar tieup for 3G also, although it seems highly unlikely because of DoT / TRAI objections.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

^^^

ICR on 3G spectrum is not possible as of now due to DoT's no to it. The case is still pending with TDSAT.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

As Garry rightly pointed out, 3G tie is not possible till the case gets cleared in TDSAT.

Then today I checked a RGSM pre-paid card. There was no change. Even when RGSM signal vanishes, it does not hook up to Aircel.

Also even manually u r not able to use Aircel signal.

So is the tie-up still not completed?

some times tata docomo latches on to aircel network in my home, where indoor coverage is weak.

So Tata Docomo and Aircel tie-up is in selective circles or Pan-India?

Is it saket??? I use aircel and it shifts to TATA DOCOMO 3G network some times and my data is charged but i cant select any other network manually on aircel except TATA DOCOMO 3G.

@saiesh

I dont have aircel,

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

So Tata Docomo and Aircel tie-up is in selective circles or Pan-India?

In Tamilnadu both these have agreement. That I can confirm.

Here in west bengal rcom-aircel have tied up for icr roaming & optimization is going on.

My question is ...A place where reliance signal is weak & aircel signal is strong, then which network will be selected automatically by mobile handsets ?

In Punjab many times for RGSM SIM I get TATA DoCoMo Signal