Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

Flipboard is a great app....thanks for sharing the link Rajan Babu. +1 :)

Awesome Rajan Ji.... +1

Best part is it take care of facebook also and its very fast compare to stock one... Love the ui...

brilliant............. :)

Thanks Rajan. Installed. :)

Hope they add "India" in their Content Guide soon.

Edited by mgdelhi

I dont know if someone has suggested this earlier but a very nice app to monitor your data usage and inbuilt firewall to prevent apps from using cellular data.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onavo.android.onavoid&hl=en

• Like 1

Official Google PLAY Store 3.5.19 is now available for Download.

many voices are being heard that force close issues with some particular devices has been fixed and also issues with Google Mobile Ads has been addressed.

Download Latest Google PLAY Store 3.5.19 APK

Camera FV5 is a great camera app for android phones.

Camera FV-5 v1.16

Requirements: Android 2.2+
Overview: Camera FV-5 is a professional camera application for mobile devices, that puts DSLR-like manual controls in your fingertips.

Tailored to enthusiast and professional photographers, with this camera application you can capture the best raw photographs so that you can post-process them later and get stunning results. The only limit is your imagination and creativity!

Major features:
• All photographic parameters are adjustable and always at hand: exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode, focus mode, white balance and program mode.
• DSLR-like viewfinder display: see exposure time, aperture and stops display with EV and bracketing settings.
• Full fledged exposure bracketing: from 3 to 7 frames, unlimited stops spacing, plus custom EV shifting.
• Built-in intervalometer: make stunning timelapses (even bracketed/HDR timelapses) and time-controlled picture series.
• Program and Speed-priority modes.
• Long exposure support: take beautiful night photos and light trails with long exposure times up to 60 seconds*.
• JPEG as well as RAW (PNG) image formats for lossless photo capturing, perfect for post-processing.
• EXIF and XMP sidecar metadata support.
• Self timer for delayed shooting.
• Autofocus, macro, touch-to-focus** and infinity focus modes, plus a focus lock switch (AF-L).
• In background photo developing and processing allows a smooth, uninterrupted camera operation.

This camera application completely avoids scene modes, instead you get full manual control over all photographic parameters, just like you do with a reflex camera, so you can ultimately control every aspect of the picture, and leave the post-processing to the computer. So after your DSLR, you will never miss a photo opportunity again, being able to capture it with the closer sensation to your DSLR as possible

What's in this version:
New: added support for physical shutter key on devices with one present. Behaviour is the same as the virtual shutter button.
New: added a visual folder picker dialog for custom storage location.
New: added specific support for Huawei U8815.
Fixed: if custom storage folder is deleted, renamed or somehow doesn't exist, the default DCIM/100_CFV5 folder is used, thus preventing losing photos.
Other bugfixes.

Enjoy.

Another very nice app from Go Team.

Go Backup

Go backup can backup SMS, call logs, contacts and much important app and its data. Try it.

• Like 2

Thanks. I wanted something like this. I have been using go sms to back sms, call logs backup and restore for calls and titanium backup for apps. Hope this will do the job for all three.

• Like 1

installed Flipboard. loving it so far.

Hi, Can someone suggests me a good app to sync bookmarks with Google?

I know this app Go Marks but it does not work well.

• Like 1

As many prepaid users will tell you, getting frequent text messages about your remaining balance can be annoying. Some services even text you after every call and data usage. While some find this helpful, others find it unbearable.

For people having these kind of issues, there is a nice simple fix for you. XDA Forum Member talkative has released Quiet Balance that will, as the name implies, quiet those remaining balance texts.

IMPORTANT - You MUST restart your phone after installing the app. Also, please launch and configure the app to start blocking messages.

This app selectively blocks balance update messages that carriers send after each call, typically on prepaid plans. These balance update messages show as annoying popups after end of each call. Technically, these balance update messages are USSD messages, and cannot be filtered by SMS blockers. Hence, this app specializes in blocking USSD messages.

Balance Update / USSD blocker Link On Google Play Store >> https://play.google....te.quietbalance

Thanks a tonn for this useful app .

I have heard from lot of friends using axis bank that they cannot download the mobile app for android

due to limitations saying this app is not available for your country. Its the case on htc, motorola at least

as we have imported handsets.

Well you neednt worry anymore. I have attached the app here.

Please download.................

Axis Mobile-1.apk

The official link is this https://play.google....WN0aXZpdHkiXQ..

• Like 2

I am using Axis Bank on Apple iphone 4 Rim Cdma ,along with Data ( Thanks to Parin Bhai ) works smoothly.

Will try on android as well.

Bump has been updated. Now you can transfer the photos from your mobile to your PC with bump!

Open bump on your phone, select photos you wish to transfer.

Open https://bu.mp/ on your PC.

Tap phone to your PC's spacebar and voila it will recognize the device and transfer the pics.......

In my view, its a really very cool app and technology......... bumping phone to the spacebar of PC is coolest!

Try it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bumptech.bumpga&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5idW1wdGVjaC5idW1wZ2EiXQ..

the most coveted and editor's choice paid App called HD Widgets is here for rim web members.

official link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cloudtv.hdwidgets&hl=en

your tablets and huge screen smartphone will be revamped with colors n details of these Widgets.

if you enjoy n love these like I do then don't forget to appreciate by clicking you know where.

• Like 1

A very Nice app :

Workout Trainer

Get in the best shape of your life with thousands of free workouts and premium Workout Programs that help you achieve your fitness goals. Workout Trainer is a TOP app in the Android Market -- download this free app now!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skimble.workouts&hl=en

Your coaches guide you through exercises with timed, step-by-step audio, photo and video instructions -- complete with encouragement! Whether you’re doing bodyweight workouts at home or lifting weights at the gym, Skimble’s Workout Trainer will help you get fit with 1000's of free workouts. You can also choose your area of focus and use it to get a six pack, lose weight, improve your running, practice yoga and more.

Anyone can upload the Flyte apk (of flipkart mp3) ?

Market gives me error that its not compatible with Nexus S 4G though i can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be.

Anyone can upload the Flyte apk (of flipkart mp3) ?

Market gives me error that its not compatible with Nexus S 4G though i can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be.

Country restriction. Change your country to India using market unlocker and then you can download it. Let me know if you are still not able to do it.

^ ^ ^

Market Unlocker App is removed by google in play store on 10th May 2012.

One can still download it from the Developer here if needed. >> http://support.evanh...ket-unlocker-2/

• Like 3

Hmmmm.... Time to take backup of Market-Enabler apk from my CapGlide... That app is very useful for foreign handsets as it can fake US network operators easily... If somebody wants that, I am ready to post it here...

Want to share something, a good Music Player Power AMP. It is awesome
It is a paid apk.

Official link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer.unlock&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tYXhtcHouYXVkaW9wbGF5ZXIudW5sb2NrIl0.

Enjoy.

The WeChat App

The WeChat application has messaging, group chat, photo streaming and sharing, a social section allowing sharing of moments, and three really interesting features:

- Float a bottle: you can send a random message out to anyone out there, and any user can receive it and respond to it. Helps in social discovery. Of course, when I tried it, most of the messages appeared to be in Chinese.

wechat-india-bottle.jpgwechat-india-bottle-message.jpg

- Shake: allowing users to find new contacts by shaking their phones: two users close by can share contacts by shaking their phones together, or you can try a remote shake and find people who are shaking their phones at the same time. Two users can also share their contact by bumping their phones together.

wechat-india-shake.jpg

- Voice Messaging: An intuitive voice messaging option, which is as intuitive and pressing a butting and speaking into the phone, with the message getting transmitted almost immediately

- Look Around: A location enabled friend finder, which allows users to search for other users free to chat, listing them by proximity. I’m not sure if this really works, since I searched for (female) users close to where I was, and I found mostly users with Chinese names within a 3Km radius, and as you can see, most of them men:

wechat-india-look-around.jpg

The “moments” feature appears to be remarkably similar to Path.

wechat-india-moments.jpg

The WeChat app is availalbe for the iPhone, Android and Windows phone ecosystems, but importantly, is yet to launch for Symbian. Symbian still remains a key platform for the Indian market, though our sense is that the Android use base in the country is growing, as they increasingly become more affordable.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.mm&hl=en