Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

You cant change phone no online. You have to visit the branch or use ATM.

On ATM menu, go to other services and you will see option to change mobile no.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by phonegeek

^^^

then why is developer name "Young Indian Technologies" instead of IRCTC?

Yes you are right this is not a official application. Here is the link from my Rapidshare ac..

https://rapidshare.c...41493/irctc.apk or irctc.apk

AFAIK there is no official Android app for irctc.

Iseeyou PRO 1.4

Pro version of ISeeYou project. A smart program that keeps the screen on while you are looking your device. This requires a front facial camera for face recognition. Ensure that your device is capable of recognizing your face. This version lets you to change the standard settings, such as the scan poll, and the max scan time.
Note if something goes wrong while updating from previous version, uninstall the app and then reinstall it!
Remember to stop and restart the service after editing settings, otherwise the changes will not recognized!

https://play.google....zZWV5b3Vwcm8iXQ

^^^

then why is developer name "Young Indian Technologies" instead of IRCTC?

Yes you are right this is not a official application. Here is the link from my Rapidshare ac..

https://rapidshare.c...41493/irctc.apk or irctc.apk

AFAIK there is no official Android app for irctc.

From long time I am thinking that it is the official one. :wacko:

From my Fascinate using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

You cant change phone no online.

but there is an option to change phone # and email address on the website itself after logging onto your netbanking account. The homepage itself has an option to View/Update Contact Details..

icici2.png

You cant change phone no online.

but there is an option to change phone # and email address on the website itself after logging onto your netbanking account. The homepage itself has an option to View/Update Contact Details..

icici2.png

That's for their marketing support. To change the mobile no for getting SMS alerts and receiving payee addition codes, you need method mentioned by me.

^ thanks SS..

i just visited nearest ATM, and did, as directed.. :)

edit : received first alert.. too fast.. though it was mentioned in the acknowledgement that it would take 2 working days for updation..

Edited by aalok

if u hv a motorola phone chances are that your bettery indicators will show @10% increments , with this u can make it show the actual %age eg 87% and so. u gotta enable that in "other settings" - one % hack, here is the latest pro version

https://play.google....eryIndicatorPro

Missed Call/SMS Alert PRO - download n install the free one from market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.missed.activity

It is a smart app so it will not show alert if the screen light is on as that suggests that you have already noticed the missed call but doing some imp work
2.If you are using GoSMS(or any other app like that) ,make sure you uncheck the "Disable other message notification" setting in Receive Settings of GoSMS setting. Because GoSMS block the sms notification to other app.
3. Request you to avoid giving negative feedbacks .In case you feel our app needs any specific improvement or you are facing any issue while setting it up ,please write in to us.We would be more than happy to respond.
Missed Call/SMS Alert app alerts you about the missed calls and SMSes that you might miss for some reason. It is useful if you are in a noisy location or just don't hear your phone ring at any given time.
Features:
- If you ignore a call , you will be alerted at regular intervals.
- Plays alert sound even when your phone is in vibrate mode. This is useful if you forget to switch your phone back from vibrate mode.
- You can change volume of alert sound.
- You can configure number of times you want alert sound to be played. Default value is 10.
- You can configure repeat interval. Default value is 30 sec
- Displays number of missed calls on application and unread messages on the screen from where you can directly check them.
- You can also filter contacts for which you want the alerts
- You also have an option to ignore silent mode by which you can decide whether you want to be alerted if your phone is silent
- This app also gives you the option of night mode by which you can avoid any alerts during night.

Lookout has requested to uninstall Yahoo Mail App for Android due to security risk.

Read more here

Can anyone help me with Citibank IN app? It is available from my GSM phone but not from my RCDMA mobile. No idea why.

And how to extract the apk using AirDroid? or any other app?

TIA

Can anyone help me with Citibank IN app? It is available from my GSM phone but not from my RCDMA mobile. No idea why.

TIA

you must be using it on an imported handset.
  • Like 1

@ Kumar Shah :

It is very easy Click Here for download the Citibank IN.apk in your Hard disk.

Click Airdroid.apk and Install it. Start AirDroid using your phone. Be sure The Android deivce and your computer need to be in the same WiFi network to connect.

post-69747-0-18836400-1341826309_thumb.j

Then type the IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx? in browser that shown in the Airdroid's stating page. A password I thing ask give it through your phone. A File manager will open in your browser that link to your SD Card copy the apk file from your PC HDD to phone and install it.

• Like 1

TIA

Use app backup and restore from play store to extract apk

• Like 1

Is it online or offline Dictionary ?

As far as i remember its offline.
You just have to download supporting data first time only when you install the app.
  • Like 1

Directly download from http://m.citibank.co.in/dl by this site. there is option to download. I just downloaded and its working on my Epic 4G.

• Like 1

@ Chirag,

Thanks a ton, bro... Installed it and works absolutely flawlessly. I had a very long fight with Citibank people for ignoring CDMA in India when in US it is the best network and is available there. So you are also a Citibank customer, good to know that we share something in common.....

@amitroutray,

Thanks, bro for the toutorial. Have now got it and also d/l'd Citibank IN apk from citibank webite as per Chirag's post and its working now.

Thanks buddies, I wasted almost 6 months trying to make Citibank work on my Photon. I should have posted here earlier and I would have been better off.

TIA

you must be using it on an imported handset.

Yes I am using it on my Photon 4G and Citibank IN is not available on GPS on CDMA Mobiles but available for all GSM mobiles. I had a lengthy fight with Citibank for ignoring CDMA users for this app in INIDA, whereas in US it is available. But they did not understand the problem and could not help me out at all. Now my work is done, thanks to Chirag and Amit Routray. All's well now.

Edited by KumaarShah

@Kumaar Shah I simply sent an SMS as mentioned on their site and got the download link in reply. It was simple. THe problem with most banks is that they feel that CDMA do not have GPRS connection or you need to have some magical wand to work it CDMA.

TIA

Use app backup and restore from play store to extract apk

Thanks nandu, will dl it and use it in future.+1

I am unable to use ICICI Bank option on my registered mobile

^ Yes, even I could never get ICICI mobile app working on CDMA phones - neither on BB nor on Nexus.

Keeps saying 'checking gprs - ok' and then says 'sending sms' but never really manages to go beyond that. Works fine on gsm phones though.

Has anybody got ICICI working on ANY CDMA phone ? (mobile App. NOT ICICI web page - that works ok)

^ Yes, even I could never get ICICI mobile app working on CDMA phones - neither on BB nor on Nexus.

Keeps saying 'checking gprs - ok' and then says 'sending sms' but never really manages to go beyond that. Works fine on gsm phones though.

Has anybody got ICICI working on ANY CDMA phone ? (mobile App. NOT ICICI web page - that works ok)

Yes, its working for me on E4GT.

mobile app worked fine on my htc dinc 1 till december 2011 (switched to gsm operator now)..

Same here works fine with my epic 4G touch. I do recollect facing the same issue earlier on Motorola photon but I don't remember what I did to get it working on it.