Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

Has anyone tried Google Voice navigation..

While the route shows fine.. but the navigation instructions are all garbage..

Turn left/right even there exists no left/right on the same map

Works great for me...

:previous:

See: http://googleblog.bl...in-traffic.html

In short: small, anonymous bits of data are sent from your GPS enabled smartphone telling them your GPS coordinates. From those coordinates Google determines your location, direction of travel, and average speed. They combine that with data from other people on the same road and DOT sensors (if applicable) to come up with their real-time traffic maps. Since DOT (Department of Transportation) sensors are not available in India (even if there is they are not going to share with Google), the data may not be that accurate as in other countries like US.

I, for one, always keep the GPS radio off unless using any map for navigation, ie. finding the way from point A to B. GPS consumes a lot of battery. And DOT sensors are out of question in India in the foreseeable future.

I don't feel traffic info would be having minimum accuracy needed to take decisions based on it. Though I expect the accuracy to improve in the future.

Some more info here..

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/government-agencies-other-sources-powering-google-maps-traffic-data-in-india-263919

Darren Baker: The traffic data comes from a variety of sources, including government departments of transportation, private data providers, and users of Google Maps for mobile who contribute anonymous speed information through our traffic crowdsourcing feature.

Merriam-Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged,
• Over 257,244 entries and 700,000 definitions
• 143,000 etymologies describing word origins and 100,000 quotations
• 1,100 synonymy paragraphs
• Special updated Addenda Section of new words and meanings
• Extended Thesaurus.
Audio pronunciations made by native speakers
• Word of the Day—a random dictionary definition daily
• Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color and enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort
• New input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service, take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using Paragon's PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
No Internet connection required (i.e. the dictionary is an offline one)

After installation, the program will seek to download an additional 135 MB of data including the voice module for pronunciations. These can be downloaded preferably using wifi and can be stored preferably in the memory card.

The dictionary is a pricey one, priced @ Rs. 3319 at the Play Store

• Like 5

Nexgtv

all india t.v. channels for free

Low quality mode works even on 2g or 1x. With high speed choose normal quality. They even have free full movies on demand channels in the end.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Of late, I have observed that the app updates from G Play, downloading on the phone are very small. Yesterday I updated FB app on Tab2, which showed size of appx 11MB but update completed after downloading 1 or 2 MBs only.

Has google started pushing incremental updates now? If so, its a very good thing.

Yes... This is the case for more than two weeks..

The part of the update where the changes are made only gets downloaded...

So enjoy, low data charges for downloading updates from play store...

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2

Of late, I have observed that the app updates from G Play, downloading on the phone are very small. Yesterday I updated FB app on Tab2, which showed size of appx 11MB but update completed after downloading 1 or 2 MBs only.

Has google started pushing incremental updates now? If so, its a very good thing.

Yes, Google Play Store Gets Smart Updates, Significantly Reducing Update File Sizes

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/google-play-store-gets-smart-updates-significantly-reducing-update-file-sizes/

Great ! Delta updates are a wonderful thing.

High time this was done, I was completely fed up of my nexus wanting to update almost every day or two. More time was spent updating than using the stupid phone.

Great ! Delta updates are a wonderful thing.

High time this was done, I was completely fed up of my nexus wanting to update almost every day or two. More time was spent updating than using the stupid phone.

Strange, I never faced this issue. Apps were automatically gets updated when it connects to wifi. I rarely updated them manually.

Tapatalk Version 2.3.0 - Can choose between several colors of UI.

whats new
Introducing Tapatalk ID - save and manage your favorite forums under one account!
Other new features and bug fixes in this version:
- Additional options for more themes and colors (in-app billing)
- Fixed image viewing issues (GPU)
- "Thanks" display issues
- Improve Kunena 2 support
- Many other bug fixes
** Previous Dark Mode will be reset, please re-enable it in Settings **

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity

• Like 2

Strange, I never faced this issue. Apps were automatically gets updated when it connects to wifi. I rarely updated them manually.

@phonegeek: No, I didn't mean any issue with Nexus. That is working perfectly fine.

I was talking about Android apps in general being updated TOO frequently without any major revision in features etc - just some minor bug fixes and then each time entire apps being downloaded again. Though it happens over WiFi automatically it still feels a little irritating taking up CPU cycles in the background while you are doing something on the phone.

Plus many of these updates are just updates to the advertisement images etc i suspect so that even if we have adblock apps or host file adblocking the local images are be displayed etc.

With delta updates it should be much better with only significant improvements/changes requiring full downloads.

Tapatalk Forum App v2.3.1 build 112
Version 2.3.1
- Fixed Color Pack issue
- Allowed special character in Tapatalk ID

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity

• Like 3

Good job nitin bhai. +1:)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

RocketDial Pro (Smart Dialer) v3.0.0

Requirements: Androdi OS 2.1 +

Overview: Rocket dialer - Reach your contact like a rocket

RocketDial - Awesome dialer and most powerful contact management application.

Detailed Features:

- Fast and Powerful Smart search T9, search for names, organizations, title, phone numbers,websites, notes... and all the information contacts have.

- Favorites support, large buttons for select, quick and easy dialing.

- Perfrect contacts support : send messages, write emails, delete your contacts in one click, everything is fast and convenient.

- Speed dialing numbers 1 - 9, press and hold the button to assign a speed dial. You can also configure the speed dial menu.

- Call Confirm, show confirmation dialog every time user placed a call, no more accidental calls.

- Perfect T9 search for groups , easily find the group through T9 search group name. support adding color for each groups tab.

- Advanced call history management, batch mode, quickly create a reminder in your calendar for the contacts and so on.

- Search Contacts simply through finger-drawings

- Perfect support for Last name first display method, support contacts order on last name.

- Supports US/Canana Area Code, show locations for incoming/outgoing calls.

- Change background , choose picture from your phone to use as dialer background.

- Caller ID for incoming calls.

- Call End that can lock screen directly (android 2.2 and above)

- And many other exciting improvements .

Below Character Sets are supported:

Russian, English, German, Hebrew, Greek, Georgian, Hungarian most Latin characters, also Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese

Note:

If you enable Lock Screen Feature under android 2.2. You have to uncheck the "Setting-->Location and

Security-->Select Device Manager--> RocketDial" in order to uninstall RocketDial

What's in this version:

- (Bug Fix)Fixed Issue Swipe for SMS not working in favorite list.

- (Feature Improvement) Improved ListView performance.

- (Feature New) Assign HD Photo to Groups.

- (Feature Improvement) Improved theme management screen and Caller ID manager

- (Feature Improvement) Adjustable Location for information textbox for incoming/outgoing calls.

- (Feature Improvement) Improved connected Caller ID start speed

- (New) Missed Call Notification Reminder

• Like 2

Keymonk Keyboard v2.01

Requirements: Android 2.3+

Overview: Keymonk is the future of smartphone keyboards! Sweep words with both fingers twice as fast as Swype or SlideIT.

Keymonk is the future of smartphone keyboards! Sweep words with both fingers twice as fast as Swype or SlideIT.

Android Police: "A very interesting take on mobile input... give it a shot".

El androide libre: "A keyboard revolution".

The Guardian: "Is there room for another big third-party Android keyboard besides SwiftKey and Swype?".

Available in English, Hebrew, Spanish, Italian, French and German.

HOW TO USE

A video is worth 10,000 words so check it out to see how Keymonk works.

COMPATIBILITY

Keymonk was tested on Galaxy S2 and should work on any smartphone with good multi-touch support.

MULTITOUCH ISSUES

Some devices, including high-end devices, have defective multi-touch support. If you see the Keymonk touch indication circles flicker or change colors while sweeping with both fingers, that may be an indication that your device does not support multi-touch well.

Keep each finger at its side of the keyboard and avoid bumping them into one another since it might confuse the touch screen.

SEND FEEDBACK

Help me improve this software by sending feedback and error reports to feedback@keymonk.com

PRIVACY

Keymonk respects your privacy and does not collect any of your data.

This app has NO advertisements

More Info:

Code:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keymonk.full

• Like 1

<br />Keymonk Keyboard v2.01<br /> Requirements: Android 2.3+<br /> Overview: Keymonk is the future of smartphone keyboards! Sweep words with both fingers twice as fast as Swype or SlideIT.
<br /><br />A question before i download..do u have any idea why there are only 3 downloads for the apk on google play Edited by theking

I guess inability to add custom made words and smileys are the main limiters in encouraging people to purpose..

But definitely has great potential.. This the keyboard of tomorrow

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I am using keymonk for 2 days and am quite satisfied with it.It's very fast and simple.In future it will definitely improve.

Need Maps for offline Navigation - Punjab.

Need something which on restoring does not get deleted.

Pls help

Smart Tools v 1.5

Good one ... thanks

Need a widget for HTC Desire VC

Like Task Manager in S3 which shows open applications and help to close them

Rovio's 'Bad Piggies' Arrives On The Play Store - Get Ready To See Pigs Fly!

Play Store Link >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.BadPiggies

From the creators of Angry Birds: an all new game from the PIGS’ point of view!

Create the ultimate flying/crawling/rolling/spinning/crashing device and pilot the pigs safely to the eggs!

The Bad Piggies are after the eggs again -- but as usual, nothing is going according to plan! Can you create the ultimate flying machine and steer them safely to their destination? Those tricky pigs have a few objects they can use, but they need your help to turn these into the perfect transportation!

With more than 60 levels, and free updates coming up, you have hours and hours of pig-crashing, exploding, and flying fun! Get three stars on every level to unlock 30 more puzzles! HINT: Sometimes you need to play the level several times to achieve all the objectives -- try building a new device or steering in a different way to earn all the stars!

Features

• 60 levels crammed with flying/driving/crashing fun!
  • 30 additional puzzles unlocked by three-starring levels!
  • Free updates!
  • 4 sandbox levels to stretch your creativity!
  • Ultra-special, ultra-secret, ultra-difficult sandbox level to unlock by collecting all the skulls!
  • 33 objects to create the ultimate machine: motors, wings, fans, bottle rockets, umbrellas, balloons, and much more!
  • Mechanic Pig
  • Need help? This little piggy will build it for you!
  • Mechanic pig pre-assembles transport for you!
  • All you have to do is pilot it!
  • Tweak his design to get all three stars!

Bad Piggies Cinematic Trailer

• Like 1