Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

Good update... Now I only need the "Purchased apps List" feature... Still now I am using Play-Legacy as seperate play-store app to know my 200+ purchased apps (known as "Not Installed" apps)...

• Like 1

Temple run

Free game of ios.

Lot of fun and frolic.

Addictive & instinctive

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Dear friends,

Pls suggest a good application for Voice Recording as well as Call Recording for Samsung Google Nexus S 4G mobile.

I have installed Total Recall but it does not playing the recorded files.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Try the latest swype beta v1.3.1.99274

And Merriam webster dictionary

Dear friends,

Pls suggest a good application for Voice Recording as well as Call Recording for Samsung Google Nexus S 4G mobile.

I have installed Total Recall but it does not playing the recorded files.

None works on Nexus S 4G, you will not be able to play them even on computer or other handsets. In nexus it is blocked at hardware level. I flashed samsung audio libs and kernel (2 way call recording enabled) to check without any success.

Even voice recorders are very instable on Nexus S 4G, they can not record in back ground.

@kshah, Yes you are right, I have tried the recently suggested one but no success. Thanks for looking at my query.

With launch of JB, Google announced a very revolutionary(yes, not like Apple's revolutionary ;)) feature : Delta Update.

A delta update is an update that only requires the user to download the code that has changed, not the whole program. It can significantly save time and bandwidth. Many apps are started using it and now the same can be done for CM based ROM too!

Now you dont need to download the whole 200MB file for every nighties, you just needs to download 10-20 MB and voila you are on latest CM!

This app is not developed by CM team but I expect that it would be soon offered in the CM package.

You can download the app here:

https://play.google....WFuZGVsdGEiXQ..\

I have used it and it works perfectly but expect some rough edges since its not polished........

I love my Android even more now :)

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

File Manager (Donate) v1.14.2

Full featured file manager on Android, fresh UI design and user friendly functions!

Includes:
* 3 sets of commercial icons for 60+ different file types, toolbar and menu items
* Multiple resolution support
* Cut, copy, paste and cancellable progress dialog
* List and grid view for file browsing
* Compress and decompress support
* Search and share files
* Multiple selection and sorting support
* Support both local and remote(LAN/SMB) file systems
* Play streaming media from LAN without download
* Thumbnail for photo, pictures and apk files
* Support file shortcut on Home screen for easily access
* Root Explorer for rooted devices
* Built-in text editor, image gallery and swf player

All premium features available. Not need Donate payout.
This app has NO advertisement

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm

• Like 2

Mobile and DTH Recharge

Mobikwik : Link

How safe is it to use our banking or credit card credentials here?

Edited by aankush

RAM-EXPANDER (SWAP) v1.73
too little memory? equal no more! More games to play and run more applications at once! Moreover, you need only increase your memory. Lasting up to 4.0 GB! Memory increase, rather than using Task Killer or memory optimizer.

Virt. Memory expansion up to 4.0 GB. Swapfile manager with Top Speed!
Please check your Device with 'MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check'
before you buy!
Up to 4.0 GB of memory per click! Android 1.6 - 4.1 with root access and external SD CARD! More memory means, the background service can not be stopped, and many programs will work correctly in the first place!
Languages: German and English
- use free external SD card as RAM memory (RAM SWAP / SWAP MEMORY)
- RAM expansion up to 4 GB swapfile
- The usual performance losses occur when swap sd cards not from class-8
- Widget for PNP swap (swap on / swap off)
- Detailed information storage and analysis
- Autostart function
- Swappiness kernel parameter set
- Use simple child's play
(1 click optimization and automatic calculation)
- Support of all Android devices with Tung (root access and support Kernelswap)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swapit.expander.de

• Like 5

^^^

My wife bought a WT19i Walkman Live mobile about 4 months back. The performance is very sluggish and I feel like throwing out the mobile due to the time it takes to load any app including the stock Dialer. I even installed Dialer One - it appeared fast initially, now this also has become sluggish. It is on ICS, stock, and is unrooted as yet. I searched the net a couple of months back for rooting but could not locate anything for ICS stock. Then I gave up.

Now my question is if I buy the above RAM Expander app, will my SE WT19i mobile become faster? Any ideas or links for rooting this model? Sorry for Noob queries.

TIA.

^^^ @KumaarShah

It will not become faster but may allow apps which may not run because your available RAM is falling short then what the app requires.

Have you ever received any error message for any app which can't run because of unavailable/low memory?

Because this app will create & run through a swap file on SD Card, it will be actually slower then your flash RAM.

And much slower if the SD Card is also lower speed class.

Android has good inbuilt memory management capability where it knows when to kill the unused app residing in memory and make space for another one needing the RAM.

First you should test whether your phone/kernel is compatible with the app by installing & running this another app >> https://play.google....oehsoft.meminfo

Root will be necessary & this comprehensive guide for rooting most sony models should help >> http://talk.sonymobi...om/thread/41119

• Like 2

ICS is sluggish - very sluggish when you compare with GB

• Like 1

Yes... I agree, though looking fancy and having many new features, ICS lags like hel1, even in my RazrMAXX, let alone Sony Walkman Live... But JB ROCKS simply... My GNexus is jet fast comparing MAXX, though both are using almost same CPU/GPU/RAM combination... I will proclaim that "JB is just ICS in Steroids"... Infact JB is the reason, I bought GNexus...

In short, wrt features/performance, JB > GB >> ICS...

• Like 1

^^^ @KumaarShah

It will not become faster but may allow apps which may not run because your available RAM is falling short then what the app requires.

Have you ever received any error message for any app which can't run because of unavailable/low memory?

Because this app will create & run through a swap file on SD Card, it will be actually slower then your flash RAM.

And much slower if the SD Card is also lower speed class.

Android has good inbuilt memory management capability where it knows when to kill the unused app residing in memory and make space for another one needing the RAM.

First you should test whether your phone/kernel is compatible with the app by installing & running this another app >> https://play.google....oehsoft.meminfo

Root will be necessary & this comprehensive guide for rooting most sony models should help >> http://talk.sonymobi...om/thread/41119

Thanks RM for your untiring efforts to dig out so much info and help me out.

Never has any app reported any low memory error, just its horribly slow.

Finally, any way out to downgrade back to GB from ICS? Is it advisable? EDIT: Sorry your link already has the answers, will do it leisurely. But Rooting an ICS device is so darn complicated than GB on my Photon. If there is any one click root method, I would love it. My ICS version is 4.0.4, Build number is 4.1.B.0.587.

@kanaga & kalpak, Nice to know your observations reg ICS, GB and JB. Thanks

Edited by KumaarShah

hi

now i use galaxy y cdma there is any apps to Use Mobile Net only on EVDO

because Evdo network is less in my area so i am only able to get 1x..... :doh::mad44: till not test evdo......

^ ^ ^

No app can help if physical EVDO coverage itself is not there in your area.

No Root Screenshot It

One of the best screenshot applications available in the market for non-rooted phones is No Root Screenshot It which is priced at Rs. 267.23 at the Play Store
Its application has two parts, one is to be installed on the phone with the apk file
and another part is required to enable the phone to take the screenshot with the application Screenshot It Enabler.

For this you also need to download your phone's compatible driver and connect your phone to your PC. Run the Screenshot It Enabler program and when the phone is detected in it, you just click on the 'Enable Screenshot It' tab. The phone gets enabled to take screenshot even if it is not rooted.
The target folder can be customized and there are options to how you take the screenshot, either by shaking the phone or through a notification bar menu. The delay in taking the screenshot can also be customized, default being 5 seconds. The resultant screenshot can be instantly edited and shared over common options like mail, facebook etc.
A few screenshots on my Sammy GS III are given below:
post-28928-0-09738100-1351529166_thumb.j post-28928-0-67232900-1351529190_thumb.j post-28928-0-74338300-1351529213_thumb.j

• Like 1

Good find Sougata.. Although using phone n pc simultaneously to take screenshots is quite a time consuming process! Isn't it? :blink:
BTW I think it's the only good process for non-rooted phones :huh:

Of topic-Please share the home screen wallpapers (both visible in ss) n both the icon sets(black n white) if possible. ;)

Tapatalking from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS

^^^

PC isn't required every time you take a shot. It is required once for enabling the phone for taking a screenshot through the program.

Reg OT, I'll surely share those to you through mail.

Sketch Guru is a professional app to make you an artist by creating pencil sketch of your photos.

post-69747-13518014921_thumb.jpg

post-69747-1351801740_thumb.jpg

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seventeenmiles.sketch&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dsketch+guru+play+store

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Was that dog snap converted by u amit ji? Really nice.

• Like 1