Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

WiFi Mouse HD v1.6
Overview: Transform your tablet into a wireless mouse, keyboard and trackpad using WiFi Mouse. WiFi Mouse supports speech-to-text as well as multi-finger trackpad gestures. WiFi Mouse enables you to control your PC, MAC or HTPC effortlessly through a local network connection.

Transform your tablet into a wireless mouse, keyboard and trackpad using WiFi Mouse. WiFi Mouse supports speech-to-text as well as multi-finger trackpad gestures. WiFi Mouse enables you to control your PC, MAC or HTPC effortlessly through a local network connection.

Features:
* Mouse curser movement
* left and right click support
* Middle mouse button scroll
* Remote keyboard input
* Speech-to-text input for all languages
* Mouse & keyboard full screen
* Auto-connect on application startup
* Compatible with XP/Windows Vista/ Windows 7 / Mac OSX

Gestures:
* Tap-to-click
* Two finger tap for right click
* Two finger scroll
* Pinch to zoom
* Three finger drag or highlight
* Four finger swipe down to show desktop
* Four finger swipe up to maximise current window
* Four finger swipe sideways to change current window focus
* Left handed mouse support (swap left and right mouse click)

What's in this version:
V1.6(Need download lastest mouse server version):
* Add hot keys, such as volume +/-, Home/eng,PgUp/PgWn and etc.
* Fix disconnect problem.

This app has NO advertisements

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2

WhatsApp Connect GOLD

Whatsapp connect gold - Always on top and free from ads.
Find and add people from all over the world to WhatsApp
WhatsApp is the most popular application on smartphones. It lets you chat with your friends for free.
WhatsApp connect is there in case you want to chat with some random people who also use WhatsApp. It is perfect to people from all over the world and talk about just anything.
We've just began but there are many more features coming.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appsimpel.whatsappconnectgold

Facebook Android app drops HTML5 and rolls out rebuilt native app\

Facebook's Android app has followed in the footsteps of its iOS app by launching Android 2.0, which dropped HTML5 in favor of a speedier native build.

If you were annoyed by the lag, delays, and buffering on your Facebook Android app, blame HTML5 – just like iPhone users did. Facebook listened and scrapped its HTML5 iOS app for version 5.0, rebuilt from scratch in Objective-C. Android owners are finally getting the same treatment. Facebook today announced Android 2.0.

Back in August, it was reported that Facebook employees would be using Android phones, with the assumed goal being the team would be improving it – and it looks like that was the case. The latest update to Facebook’s Android app focuses on just speed, so there are no new bonus features added to the app if that’s what you were expecting. Instead you’ll find updates that are borrowed from the iOS app. For instance, like on Facebook’s iOS app, viewing photos on the Android app will be a completely new experience. If you tap on a photo it opens up instantly and you never leave the News Feed to view it. To close the photo, you just need to slide your finger in an upward motion. The second newsworthy addition is a “story banner” that notifies you of the new posts published by brands or friends that surface on the top of your News Feed.

Timeline and the News Feed notifications will be “twice as fast,” according to Facebook. The changes will be most noticeable, however, when you’re looking through your photos or opening up the Timeline. The delays should be dramatically reduced and it should no longer be a chore to use the app.

Facebook went deep into the guts of its new build on Android. Facebook software engineer Frank Du explained how the engineers approached speeding up Facebook’s performance on Android in the developer blog. He writes, “To support the unique complexity of Facebook stories across devices, we’re moving from a hybrid native/webview to pure native code, allowing us to optimize the Facebook experience for faster loading, new user interfaces, disk cache, and so on.”

What Facebook’s app used to be was a combination of a Web app and native code. Essentially on Android, its apps were partially the website version of Facebook (built in HTML5) baked into Java code. Any code that’s pulling content from the Web would mean inevitably delays. For developers this would have meant saving time from going back into the native code and editing it, and users wouldn’t have to constantly update their app to a new version whenever even minor changes were made.

Despite the benefits, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg admitted in September of this year that he sacrificed performance for convenience, which was an egregious mistake. There are still a few HTML5 elements remaining, although far fewer than before, but the app will perform much faster although you’re going to be seeing updates more frequently.

You can get the updated Android App from the Google Play Store later today.

• Like 2

a great offer from sygic, not many can afford 8 to 10k on a gps device, I am using this and the maps and navigation are awesome.

BUY 1 Sygic Navigation for Android,

GET 1 FREE as gift for a friend.

i.e Rs 1431.77 for 2 licenses

For the price of 1 youll get 2 licenses

• Like 1

Thanks Nitin. I am buying this.

I needed updates for the maps and I hope I will get the latest .

I never felt need to use offline navigation app after Google maps added live traffic updates and offline saving of maps.

Just my thoughts :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

I have finally rooted my S3.

What are the best applications for rooted phones? Installed Titanium backup (free) as of now.

I never felt need to use offline navigation app after Google maps added live traffic updates and offline saving of maps. Just my thoughts :) Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

agree with your point, but nothing beats sygic with their comprehensive maps and voice navigation. for 750 odd bucks for one license, this cant get cheaper.

^^^^^These are some of the root apps useful for beginners and still there are sooo many advanced root apps available and I have NOT listed few apps like LCD_Density changer, Kernel Tuner, Font Updater that are NOT useful for most users.

Further some apps may overlap the function of other apps. Please see review and use them.

Thank you so much. :)

Now let me see what all application I can install.

CallRecorder Full v1.3

This program records phone calls from the phone line on some phones. Such recording is not usually available out-of-the-box, it needs hardware support in your OS kernel and root access. If you have an HTC device, you're in clover if you've got a custom ROM. Otherwise, please visit the xda site, there're plenty.

Basically any device is supported, provided that it's based on a Qualcomm chip, say, their Snapdragons, etc. If your device has no such support, the program still records phone calls, but you need to select Android API in preferences and the recording will most likely proceed from the mike, not from the line. Please feel free to make any comments or send suggestions.
The list of supported devices

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skvalex.callrecorder

Long article but very useful......

20 apps to give your device a stock Android experience without root [GUIDE]

As we all know, the Android OS is an open platform meaning just about anyone can take the software and do just about whatever they like with it. It’s this reason many handset manufacturers opt to forgo the standard Android design (sometimes referred to as “stock Android”), injecting their own flavor into the OS. I like to think of it like an ice cream shop. While every shop is selling ice cream, they all have their own unique flavors and mixins that go beyond just plain vanilla. Unfortunately, for the kids that don’t want HTC’s rocky road, or Samsung’s cookies n’ cream, there’s little that can be done for those who prefer just plain vanilla.

Yes, for the truly dedicated, there’s always the method of rooting and installing the stock Android OS by way of custom ROMs. Only problem is rooting often times comes at the cost of voiding one’s warranty, buggy software, and even possible harm to the device by way of the dreaded “brick.” If this doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, you’re not alone. But is rooting really the only way to a stock Android experience on your device? Not entirely.

For our lovely Phandroid readers, I put together this handy guide showing you how, with apps downloaded from the Google Play Store, you can obtain a mostly stock Android experience out of your device — all without the worries that come with rooting, hacking, or voiding of warranties. Before we start, keep in mind that some of these applications will not run properly on anything but the firmware they were taken/designed from. For instance, an Ice Cream Sandwich browser will only work on your device if you’re running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, not Gingerbread or Donut. Make sure you read the descriptions of the apps in the Play Store beforeyou download. Now that we got that out of the way, let’s do this.

Launcher

w680.jpg

The most dramatic way to get your device looking like it’s running stock Android is by simply replacing its homescreen. In fact, most people will usually stop right there and that’s fine, but it’s only the tip of the Holo iceberg. With so many launcher replacements on the Google Play Store, there are numerous options to choose from. If you want something more closely resembling the stock Android experience (that is the point of this post, after all) you’ll want to stick with all-in-one solutions like Nova Launcher which offers a wide range of customizing options. Where you can find completely stock Jelly Bean launchers on the Play Store, they ain’t gonna help you when it comes to switching up those ugly icons your phone came with. Nova Launcher on the other hand, comes out of the box with Jelly Bean icons allowing for easy themeing of the remnants left behind from your unsavory manufacturer UI. Yay.

[stock Jelly Bean Launcher | Nova Launcher | Apex Launcher]

Lockscreen

Another key ingredient to the stock Android experience is the first thing you look at upon waking your device — the lock screen. Once again, there are plenty of lockscreen options in the Play Store you can use to get your device looking like it’s running stock Android, the one with a heap of features being Widget Locker. I’ve been using Widget Locker for years now and while there are free lockscreen replacements (linked below), it’s WL’s feature set that keeps me coming back to it. The best part is you can use widgets from other apps, a key component if you want that stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean clock displayed on your lockscreen.

[WidgetLocker | Holo Locker | Holo Locker Plus]

Camera

w680.jpg

Ahhhh, yes. The camera. Chances are there is absolutely nothing wrong with the camera application that comes on your device. In fact, it probably runs perfectly well and comes with sh*t ton of features. There’s only one problem: it ain’t stock. This time around, we have a fewer options for stock Android camera applications from the Play Store, most of which are dependent on the version of Android your device is currently running. Got Ice Cream Sandwich? Well, then you’re going to have to stick to the ICS cameras (linked below). If you’re on Jelly Bean, you’re in luck. The Jelly Bean camera app in this case comes tied to the stock Gallery app. Not sure why it had to be that way, but consider it a 2-for-1 deal.

[Camera Jelly Bean+ (with Jelly Bean Gallery) | Camera Ice Cream Sandwich (Free) | Camera Ice Cream Sandwich+]

Gallery

w680.jpg

Probably my most frequently used app on my phone is the gallery app. I spend a lot of time in there sharing pics to my various social networks and it pains me when I see anything but minimal look of stock Android gallery app. If you purchased the Jelly Bean camera (linked above), you already got the Jelly Bean gallery app. Good for you. For those that didn’t, or simply didn’t want to bother with using the stock camera app, then you can download the free Ice Cream Sandwich gallery app. This is essentially the same as the Jelly Bean gallery, except you lose the notification bar. I’m sure this wont even bother most of you the way it did me (Jelly Bean FTW).

[Gallery ICS (free) | Gallery Jelly Bean+ (with Camera)]

Messaging

w680.jpg

I went nuts when Google finally updated the messaging app in Ice Cream Sandwich. Once a hideously dark and empty experience, is now clean and minimal. It took me awhile, but I was able to find the stock Ice Cream Sandwich messaging app that can be installed on any device running Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean. There’s only one problem — this stock messaging app can’t (at the moment) send off MMS/picture messages, so heavy sexters may want to stick with whatever messaging app is already available on their device. Fooey.

[Messaging]

Keyboard

w680.jpg

When a manufacturer introduces their custom UI to a device, the first thing almost always kicked to the curb is the stock Android keyboard. This happens so often, you’d logically assume the stock keyboard is just that horrible, right? Couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, Google has done some pretty awesome things with the Android keyboard starting in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich where text is more aggressively corrected, and in Jelly Bean, we even have next word predictions and Gesture Typing. So, there’s a couple of options here for heavy Android texters. You can download one of the modified stock Android keyboards below, or simply go with something like SwiftKey and use the built-in themeing options to make it appear more like stock Android. Either route would work.

[Jelly Bean 4.2 Keyboard | Ice Cream Sandwich Keyboard | SwiftKey 3]

Clock

w680.jpg

In Android 4.2 Jelly Bean — the absolute latest firmware Android has to offer — Google decided to finally update the stock clock application. They did this by, not only giving the app a much needed visual overhaul, but making it more useful with the inclusion of timer and stop watch functions. One of the visual cues used to see which version of Android a device is running is almost always the stock clock widget, which was also updated in 4.2. Thankfully, a developer has uploaded both the stock clock app, with the included stock clock widget from 4.2 and it looks wonderful. Combine the Jelly Bean clock widget with the Widget Locker lockscreen replacement and you have yourself a faithful recreation of the lockscreen from Android 4.2 (for the most part).

[Clock Jelly Bean+ | Clock Jelly Bean Free (no alarm) | Clock Ice Cream Sandwich (Free)]

Calculator

w680.jpg

The calculator in Android has long needed an update and one crafty developer from the CyanogenMod team took matters into his own hands, introducing a revamped calculator into the Play Store complete with scientific and graphing functions. So, yes. This is in many ways better than the stock app, but still keeps the stock app look. The best part? It’s free to download so hop to it.

[Calculator]

Calendar

w680.jpg

Another application that’s almost always removed from manufacturer devices is the stock Calendar app. This allows Android OEM’s to introduce their own calendar app, usually heavily skinned and chalk full of features. For those that find the stock Android calendar sufficient — in looks and features — Google has actually made available the stock Android calendar for download in the Play Store. As so often is the case with Google’s apps, it’s available free of charge.

[Google Calendar]

Browser

w680.jpg

It was in Jelly Bean that Google made the controversial decision to remove their standard Android web browser (the one introduced all the way back in Honeycomb) from the OS entirely. Instead, they opted for their mobile Chrome browser, which offered better syncing across devices, but many found the browser slow in comparison to the previous version. While downloading Chrome from the Play Store would be the easy way at obtaining a “stock” Android look, the app doesn’t really feature Android’s Holo UI. For those wanting to take things back to the oldschool browser, there is one available from the Play Store, but you gotta be running Ice Cream Sandwich. Bummer. No Jelly Bean love here, folks.

[ICS Browser+ | Chrome]

Wallpapers

The icing on the cake for obtaining a stock Android look is, of course, using the stock Android wallpapers. While downloading the official wallpapers found in Jelly Bean are easy (zip file provided below), it’s some of the stock live wallpapers that are a little harder to come by. When it comes to the Phase Beam live wallpaper — introduced way back in Ice Cream Sandwich — one thoughtful developer has uploaded the moving wallpaper onto Google Play for everyone to download and enjoy. While it’s not the exact same wallpaper found on stock Android devices, it does a well enough job at recreating the Phase Beam wallpaper, while adding a few tricks as well.

[Nexus 4 Wallpapers | Phase Beam Live Wallpaper]

Extras

w680.jpg

Google caused some buzz a few days ago when they introduced their music discovering app, Sound Search into the Google Play Store. Once reserved for Jelly Bean devices, Sound Search is now available to anyone with a device running Ice Cream Sandwich or above. It’s a great way to discover new music, download, and give your device yet another stock Android feature.

[Google Sound Search]

So, that just about concludes this guide. These are always the first apps I download whenever I receive a new device and aside from visiting my settings app, my eyes rarely see any trace of manufacturer UI. I think it’s clear Android manufacturers will never offer a “vanilla” version of the OS with any of their devices. For purists, we have the Nexus program for that. I’m fine with that, I really am. Individuality, options, and choice are good for Android and consumers. Still, there have been a vocal few screaming for manufacturers to make their UI an option (downloadable from the Play Store) and really, I think it’s Google’s responsibility to make this happen. Not by cutting off Play Store access, but simply by offering every single one of their stock Android applications in the Play Store for downloading. This, will give users the choice of downloading and getting a mostly stock Android experience, if they so choose. I’ll step down from my soap box now. Just some food for thought.

http://phandroid.com/2012/12/15/20-apps-to-give-your-device-a-stock-android-experience-without-root-guide/

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 5

I have finally rooted my S3.

What are the best applications for rooted phones? Installed Titanium backup (free) as of now.

coincidence. Me too. Today itself and installed CM10. Had horrible battery life with 4.1.1

I never felt need to use offline navigation app after Google maps added live traffic updates and offline saving of maps. Just my thoughts :) Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

agree with your point, but nothing beats sygic with their comprehensive maps and voice navigation. for 750 odd bucks for one license, this cant get cheaper.

In places where mobile signal is not available the use of online navigation will be limited. Recently I had been to Mudumalai and Bandipur. As many of you may be knowing the signal will start fluctuating beyond Ooty. Though there is no need for navigation in that stretch, the details available in Sygic are excellent.

I have even tried Navfree and that is no where near Sygic.

this simple android app Find Bank IFSC, which help you to find IFSC and MICR Code across 128 banks 90,000 branches in India. If you often Struggle for Finding IFSC Codes for online transfer or need MICR code for your bank check out FIND BANK IFSC android app Download and let me know your feedback, never call your bank again to know IFSC code of your branch :)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details? id=com.binarybricks.dexterapps. findbankifsccodes

Vishal Sheth

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Screen Off and Lock (Donate) v1.13
This tools allows you to switch off and lock screen by 1 click with screen off ANIMATION and SOUND effects.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflockdonate

• Like 1

Battery Stats Plus Pro

Detect and notify battery draining apps.
Battery Stats Plus detects and notifies battery draining apps. It collects and analyzes battery usage per app basic on your Android devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.bstatspro

ExynosAbuse v1.30
Requirements: Android 2.1 or higher
Overview: Gain root privileges and install SuperSU with a single button!

This is an APK that uses the ExynosAbuse exploit (by alephzain) to gain root privileges and install SuperSU (v0.99) and/or patch the exploit on your Exynos4 based device.

Since v1.10, it also allows you to disable the exploit (which may break camera), re-enable the exploit (if you need the camera) and to disable the exploit at boot (before any Android app runs). These options do require root (SuperSU or Superuser) to be installed as well. Note that after you have enabled the patch at boot, you can unroot again in the SuperSU program (SuperSU --> Settings --> Full unroot). While this app will help protect you, these are work-arounds, not actual fixes.

Exploit
For more details on the exploit itself. The exploit is used by this APK in unmodified form. You should be very afraid of this exploit - any app can use it to gain root without asking and without any permissions on a vulnerable device. Let's hope for some fixes ASAP !

Camera
If your camera keeps working depends on your device/firmware combination. Affected are mostly the SGS3, but there is good news too, there is a potential fix here: SGS3 I9300 ONLY. It seems to work for a number of people. It replaces some system libraries with libraries from a different firmware version that does not rely on /dev/exynos-mem. Do not attempt this unless your camera actually breaks due to the exploit, and beware it may cause you to have to reflash your firmware. Also beware that even though this change will not prevent OTAs from downloading, it can possibly prevent OTAs from flashing succesfully.

Device status
Using this patch may turn your device status into modified. There's not really a proper solution to that at the moment, but you can restore status by removing the patch (and SuperSU) again and rebooting your phone. This will however leave you unprotected again. Doing all sorts of weird stuff (like for example wiping data) to get rid of this modified status while you're still have the patch applied at boot or keep SuperSU around, is an exercise in futility. If you want to go ahead and do that, that is fine, but do not litter my thread with your comments. Because eventually, the modified status is likely to return

Compatibility:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 both locked and unlocked bootloaders work

Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6210

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, GT-N8020

Google Nexus 10 not compatible, Exynos5

You can download and install the app from XDA-Developers here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

SwiftKey v3.1 adds Hindi and 'Hinglish' language support

wiftKey, a popular keyboard app for Android devices, has added support for Hindi and Hinglish to its language portfolio.

SwiftKey uses a blend of artificial intelligence technologies to predict the next word the user wants to type. Its ability to learn the users' typing habits and incorporate words beyond the standard dictionary, has made it a really popular app amongst the Android faithful.

Giving a brief behind the scenes look at who the app works, the developers said, "Each language model is much more than a dictionary-like list of words. To be able to offer unrivalled accuracy and next word predictions, SwiftKey's models understand the way words work together. They are built by analysing enormous amounts of language data drawn from across the Internet."

They further explained the work done to add Hindi and Hinglish support, "Hindi and Hinglish were produced by analysing and filtering content from sources such as the .in web domain in India. Using advanced Natural Language Processing techniques, SwiftKey can understand the context of what a user is writing."

Perhaps SwiftKey's biggest strength lies in personalisation, and the developers explained how that works. "In addition to the language models, which enable SwiftKey to intelligently predict next words and correct your input, the app continually learns a user's individual writing style as they type. Users can further personalise SwiftKey by syncing it with their Gmail, Facebook, Twitter or blog presences."

With the latest update, SwiftKey now includes support for 54 different languages. To mark the release of these languages and the v3.1 update to SwiftKey, both the smartphone and tablet versions will be on sale at half-price on Google Play. The full release notes for v3.1 are as follows:

• New Berry theme
  • New languages: Armenian, Azerbaijani, Georgian, Hindi, Hinglish, Irish, Macedonian, Spanish (Latin America) and Tagalog
  • Split keyboard for normal-sized devices
  • Improved language pack downloads
  • Improvements in key layouts on some keyboards
  • Fixes for some force close issues

SwiftKey 3 Keyboard (Android, Rs. 50 temporarily)

SwiftKey 3 Tablet Keyboard (Android, Rs. 50 temporarily)

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/swiftkey-v31-adds-hindi-and-hinglish-language-support-307967

• Like 3

Thanks phone geek

Bought swift key

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Bought swift key... Thanks...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2