rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

I could not find one...

Flappy Bird...

its not on playstore,awesome game,beat my score 56.... :bash:

3avaveju.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7

Lot of paid Android Apps FREE right now on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=OAzUFrDCEeOTvm7jEQkWzw0_y8I-3_0_0_0&url=search-alias%3Dmobile-apps&field-keywords=B0086VWCPG%7CB00FHEP9XM%7CB00CD4D76U%7CB00EDF43MY%7CB0066T8M1I%7CB004GYNPL2%7CB008NF45S2%7CB00A7Z8KAU%7CB00HG1UNIU%7CB00FGJNS72%7CB00C2AMWVG%7CB006C1DH92%7CB00I0WHVZW

POLARIS Office
MONOPOLY
Worms 2: Armageddon (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Dr. Panda's Airport
Swype Keyboard [Must Have]
Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots
mSecure - Password Manager and Secure Digital Wallet [Must Have]
PrintHand Mobile Print Premium
Runtastic PRO GPS Running Walking & Fitness Tracker [Must Have]
SketchBook Pro [Must Have]
Worms 2: Armageddon
Toca Lab

Source : SD

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us
  • Like 1

uber cabs [free app]

i used this service in delhi, mumbai, and dubai

its about 50% more than meru / mega but willing to do short distances unlike the rest of radio taxi which claim 'unavailability'

min fare is rs. 200

no cash payments [card only]

no phone support

cancellation fee is also rs. 200

no advance bookings

no website booking - only mobile apps [ios / bb / android]

you can't choose your car unlike ola luxury

avg response time after app booking is usually 15-25 min depending on your gps location / traffic

rs. 20 / km and rs. 2 / min so if you are going a short distance then its much cheaper to make him wait.

all uber drivers get iphone4!

if they forget to switch on the meter on the handset, your ride is free [remember no cash payments]

make sure they switch it off when you reach else you might accidently get billed for more.

here is an example for those familiar with south delhi:

if you need to go from

lodhi gardens to khan market for an hour of shopping

instead of paying rs. 200 each way just pay the waiting of rs. 120 / hour

and your total round trip will be around rs. 250-275 [that's a 25-30% discount]

this only works for short trips of 1-2 km each way

i got the following cars:

bmw 3 series

accord

fortuner

mb c class

e class

audi a6

q3

surprisingly the accord and fortuner were more comfortable than the 3 series or c class on delhi roads

also more spacious at the back if you are tall or fat like me!

e class and a6 were the most comfy in the rear [ideal for airport drop off in style]

try to avoid airport pickups - it was a pain in mumbai since the driver had to circle around as there is a strict time limit so it involves more coordination than simply taking an a/c taxi directly

also eastern suburbs are currently not covered [chembur / govandi / deonar etc]

it shows as 'outside service area' if you try to book

real time map shows location of car

all new registrations will get a rs. 300 credit if you enter a discount code valid for 2014:

PROMO

el91c
  • Like 3

i somehow messed up the formatting after copy / paste above.

you get only one credit per phone but you can use the same card multiple times for each new user.

currently they are not blocking landlines if you use <+91 std number> in 10 digit format

so i used my work and home phones for additional credits!

i had already setup call forwarding from both numbers to my mobile so it was no biggie.

in uae you get a more generous aed 80 bonus [about rs. 17.3 / dhiram this month]

we got lexus 3 times so there is not much variety but the drivers are better than the regular taxi [camry]

you can use the same promo code anywhere for the signup discount worldwide.

el91c

the amount of credit is based on your country code [e.g., usa = $20]

since we got prepaid sim [du is offering 100mb free for aed 55]

we used both mobiles for our uber credit

even used the hotel landline once!

but i put our room number into the passenger name to allow the driver to contact us.

you see a driver photo / name / car number after booking

but no colour - only make / model so it may require calling the driver in case of many similar cars in the middle east [e.g. lexus]

uber cabs [free app]

i used this service in delhi, mumbai, and dubai

its about 50% more than meru / mega but willing to do short distances unlike the rest of radio taxi which claim 'unavailability'

min fare is rs. 200

no cash payments [card only]

no phone support

cancellation fee is also rs. 200

no advance bookings

avg response time after app booking is usually 15-25 min depending on your gps location / traffic

rs. 20 / km and rs. 2 / min so if you are going a short distance then its much cheaper to make him wait.

all uber drivers get iphone4!

if they forget to switch on the meter on the handset, your ride is free [remember no cash payments]

make sure they switch it off when you reach else you might accidently get billed for more.

here is an example for those familiar with south delhi:

if you need to go from

lodhi gardens to khan market for an hour of shopping

instead of paying rs. 200 each way just pay the waiting of rs. 120 / hour

and your total round trip will be around rs. 250-275 [that's a 25-30% discount]

this only works for short trips of 1-2 km each way

i got the following cars:

bmw 3 series

accord

fortuner

mb c class

e class

surprisingly the accord and fortuner were more comfortable than the 3 series or c class on delhi roads

also more spacious at the back

real time map shows location of car

all new registrations will get a rs. 300 credit if you enter a discount code valid for 2014:

PROMO

el91c

i got HVN's 20$ off with the coupon instead of Rs 300 credit. Is it applicable in India?

• Like 1

Since this is an android apps thread. Need some help. My whatsapp contact pics dont load. Only the ones for which I have set contact icons do load. Tried deleting and installing. Deleted all whatsapp files also. But no avail. Mailed whatsapp team before 2 weeks. No reply from those people as wel. Any help

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Change contacts to +91 instead of 0.

Whatsapp deleting non users from list. My friend had 3 numbers, at one time he had whatsapp on all 3, but then he stopped using 2. Though it showed whatsapp icon next to it wether that person is using it or not. Now if a number is active it's highlighted in blue & numbers which are not active do not show the whatsapp icon anymore.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 1

that would be awesome but its ONLY for that country

i.e., your $20 credit will work in the US only

in theory

but test it out if you have usa phones to register

how will the indian drivers contact you to confirm the trip?

PROMO

el91c

i got HVN's 20$ off with the coupon instead of Rs 300 credit. Is it applicable in India?

i.e., your $20 credit will work in the US only

in theory

PROMO

el91c

I registered with Indian mobile number only. But the promo code is giving me $ discounts instead of INR credits.

• Like 1

Whatsapp deleting non users from list. My friend had 3 numbers, at one time he had whatsapp on all 3, but then he stopped using 2. Though it showed whatsapp icon next to it wether that person is using it or not. Now if a number is active it's highlighted in blue & numbers which are not active do not show the whatsapp icon anymore.

But if I do that,i wont be able to call those numbers anymore right? Cuz Reliance doesn't support +91 calling

But if I do that,i wont be able to call those numbers anymore right? Cuz Reliance doesn't support +91 calling

+91 calling works just fine with my RCDMA.

Swype is free for today there in Amazon appstore. Get Amazon appstore from http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android , get registered, search for Swype full version, buy it (it will cost zero $), register in Swype with your mail, get activation code in your mail, put it in Swype setting to get its full version for free. Hurry...

• Like 3

Under phone dialer settings, remove the international calling default number calling. Just uncheck it.

Swype is free register in Swype with your mail, get activation code in your mail, put it in Swype setting to get its full version for free. Hurry...

I did everything but while trying to enter the activation code, it suddenly closed. Now how to check whether it is full version or not ??

Did that. No changes in whatsapp issue and calling also doesn't work

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I have used many wallpaper apps in the past. Recently I came across this.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ogqcorp.bgh. The pictures are refreshingly new. Whats more you get updates almost daily and I am tempted to change wallpapers daily.

I need suggestions for a good power off/on app. A good app without the power on feature is ok. The new Micromax Blaze MTS doesnt have power off feature.

^^^ How about long pressing the power button? does it not bring the power off mode?

I need suggestions for a good power off/on app. A good app without the power on feature is ok. The new Micromax Blaze MTS doesnt have power off feature.

i use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock

i think u might have got lucky

does it show ur balance?

take a ride to see if u get the benefit

i never had this issue with any +91 phone

after entering your phone check which flag is displaying next to it so you know the currency for credit

PROMO

el91c

I registered with Indian mobile number only. But the promo code is giving me $ discounts instead of INR credits.

now i'm inspired to use u.s. phones for the $20 credit

lets see if it applies to my 1st trip on that account

here's a way to save time with unique emails

for about rs. 1/day you can register a domain with any company

avoid net4india since this feature is not offered with the basic registration

then you can setup a wildcard / default id to which any incoming mail / verification can be fwd

so you get unlimited unique verifiable mails @ your domain name

instead of creating dozens of dummy webmails which you will never use again

a single $20 uber credit will cover almost 4 years of domain renewal charges!

one day they will start requiring unique cards for the credit but until then enjoy discounted rides...

^^^ How about long pressing the power button? does it not bring the power off mode?

My apologies for not making my requirement clear. I want the handset to be switched off at a pre determined time. Same for Power on.

i use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock

Thanks I will try this.

now i'm inspired to use u.s. phones for the $20 credit

lets see if it applies to my 1st trip on that account

here's a way to save time with unique emails

for about rs. 1/day you can register a domain with any company

avoid net4india since this feature is not offered with the basic registration

then you can setup a wildcard / default id to which any incoming mail / verification can be fwd

so you get unlimited unique verifiable mails @ your domain name

instead of creating dozens of dummy webmails which you will never use again

a single $20 uber credit will cover almost 4 years of domain renewal charges!

one day they will start requiring unique cards for the credit but until then enjoy free rides...

The flag is India only. My number as well. I didnt continue signing up, since I'm not in a UBER facilitated city yet. BTW it doesnt seems like $20 credit, its $20 off first ride offer. Does the offer/credit expires if I dont use it over a period of time?

BTW didnt follow you on wildcard part. Please help me understand. Always eager to learn/know new new things :P

EDIT: Just signed up.

post-82766-0-57168600-1395669815_thumb.p

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

OfficeSuite Professional 7 free on Amazon Apps today, worth $14.99...

• Like 1