Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mroy

Please suggest between Samsung Ace Duos and Samsung i500 (Reliance)

Which is a better option with Reliance CDMA? I am not a power user and also only first time Android user.

i500 specs are better but it runs 2.1 Froyo. Is there any official update to Gingerbread at least? I am not interested in jailbreaking.

Usage

Reading PDF ebooks

Listening to music

Displaying photos and videos (AVCHD lite and AVCHD) from digicam cards

Playing games like sudoku and mahjong

Internet usage occasional for

Occasional mobile banking

Looking up train timetable etc

What is the current price of the i500?

Thanks

Many views - no replies

I would like to throw in the Motorola XT800 into the mix.

Which is better - Motorola - better specs but Eclair

Ace Duos - Gingerbread

Not very interested in camera performance - should take okay pics

Between Samsung Ace Duos and i500 for your requirement i would say you can go for Samsung Ace Duos.

Price of i500 at prejent is approximately Rs 26000

why spending such a hefty amount when you can buy an epic touch or evo 3D for the same amount?

It's not clear from the topic OP's post,

• Whether Dual SIM is a must?
  • What's the max budget?
  • Whether imported handsets will do?

BTW, there is nothing like jailbreaking for android handsets, the term applies for iPhone. If you do decide to buy any imported android handset from good sellers here, you don't need to do anything except transferring the Reliance CDMA number by either visiting Webworld OR using HCC Cards. Both are easy process.

Between Samsung Ace Duos and i500 (Which is Reliance's name for Samsung Fascinate from Verizon, Sold here on Forum), i500 is much better. Officially Reliance i500 is having update upto Android 2.2 Froyo but you can always update it to Gingerbread OR even ICS by following steps given in this topic >> http://www.rimweb.in...255#entry262618

It's mentioned somewhere on the forum that Reliance is liquidating remaining stock of i500 at Rs 12,500.

If you must need a Dual SIM, then Motorola XT 800 is better. AFAIK there is Froyo update for that. Follow this topic for more info >> http://www.rimweb.in...0/page__st__120

• Like 1

Between Samsung Ace Duos and i500 for your requirement i would say you can go for Samsung Ace Duos.

Price of i500 at prejent is approximately Rs 26000

Thanks for the advice. Yes, i500 is too expensive at present.

It's not clear from the topic OP's post,

• Whether Dual SIM is a must?
  • What's the max budget?
  • Whether imported handsets will do?

No, dual sim is not a must. It would have been a nice option if the Ace Duos had 3g in GSM also, since I could have used the handset for a longer time and not be tied to Reliance and CDMA.

BTW, there is nothing like jailbreaking for android handsets, the term applies for iPhone. If you do decide to buy any imported android handset from good sellers here, you don't need to do anything except transferring the Reliance CDMA number by either visiting Webworld OR using HCC Cards. Both are easy process.

I have a Nokia 6275 at present, so it has a UIM card. Is this the same as HCC? If I purchased an imported handset, would I be eligible to official upgrades.

Maybe jailbreaking is not the right word, but the process of upgrading to a different version of the OS seems quite intimidating!

Between Samsung Ace Duos and i500 (Which is Reliance's name for Samsung Fascinate from Verizon, Sold here on Forum), i500 is much better. Officially Reliance i500 is having update upto Android 2.2 Froyo but you can always update it to Gingerbread OR even ICS by following steps given in this topic >> http://www.rimweb.in...255#entry262618

It's mentioned somewhere on the forum that Reliance is liquidating remaining stock of i500 at Rs 12,500.

The i500 at Rs.12,500 is a great bargain, but again, the process of upgrading the OS is scary!

If you must need a Dual SIM, then Motorola XT 800 is better. AFAIK there is Froyo update for that. Follow this topic for more info >> http://www.rimweb.in...0/page__st__120

Htc evo 4g is best for android user for first time.

Root it

use rom which u like.

Ics or gingerbread or any custom rom.

U will get good rates from reputed sellers.

They sell in cheapest rate.

right its pretty obvious what i am gonna suggest ;)

I500 aka verizon fascinate wins

awesome in all regards , if you need CDMA reliance network.

you can get a mint one b/w 9 to 10k i suppose and a new one from 12 to 14k

the support or them by the sellers is always stellar and there are numerous options available for the i500

rest your own preference.