Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
luttappino1

Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos SCH-I589 and BSNL EVDO

I am in a longer pursuit of ensuring SAMSUNG Ace Duos SCH-i589 will work with my BSNL EVDO service of 3.1 Mbps. I want to use my Reliance service for voice and BSNL for data on the SAME phone.

During my first attempt, Samsung sales guys told that the RUIM card must be OMH.

When I contacted BSNL, they said there is a patch to make the legacy RUIM OMH compatible.

BSNL Bangalore guys patched the RUIM and given me back.

Again I have taken the RUIM the Samsung sales.

But they were quite unaware of the process of enabling the EVDO service on this mobile.

I have written the matter to Samsung but in vain.

Later, I have visited few Samsung Service centres following this.

They have asked me to visit the Samsung R&D guys in Bangalore.

But the insensitive staff did not direct me to any of the right guys.

Later I caught hold of some marketing guys of Samsung.

The first response of them was quite surprising!

They are not even aware of a CDMA service by BSNL.

They were even daring to “educate” me stating there is no CDMA service provided by BSNL.

I could make them listen to my queries after stating that I am already a BSNL subscriber!

During this conversation, Samsung says they are not responsible to compatibility of their services with “non-standard” service providers like BSNL; it seems they consider only providers like Reliance, Tata, MTS etc.

As of now, they have agreed to check again about these compatibility issues and come back.

From their response I am not sure, how much it would be hopeful.

Current technical status is these:

· The RUIM is recognized as an EVDO RUIM in the mobile

· I am able to receive calls using the RUIM

· But I am not able to configure this for data.

· BSNL staff in Bangalore confirms that some subscribers are already able to use this phone for EVDO data, (after the patch); but they are unable to configure it themselves and asks me to go to Samsung!

CAN YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE CAN GUIDE ME, HOW CAN I MAKE USE OF MY BSNL EVDO RUIM ON THIS MOBILE FOR DATA?

Can you get 1x data ??

As I also took a BSNL RUIM, I got to know few things regarding bsnl cdma.

1. bsnl ruim is a omh ruim, though there is no brew application on it, like mts, tata, rcom

2. when u have voice activated, data mode activated is 1x.

3. in case of evdo activation, voice gets deactivated. eg: bsnl evdo data card ruim.

• Like 1

I used bsnl evdo in galaxy pop cdma but got only 1x speed in kolkata!went to samsung service centre and they were not helpful!

• Like 1

All bsnl ruim purchased and sold are evdo enabled and voice enabled.

try to use proxy as

and port 13002

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Can you get 1x data ??

As I also took a BSNL RUIM, I got to know few things regarding bsnl cdma.

1. bsnl ruim is a omh ruim, though there is no brew application on it, like mts, tata, rcom

2. when u have voice activated, data mode activated is 1x.

3. in case of evdo activation, voice gets deactivated. eg: bsnl evdo data card ruim.

1x data was not available. (I assume so since the browser did not show any loaded page.)

The mobile was showing both 1x and EVDO in the range indicator.

Also, I was able to receive voice calls on the EVDO number.

(The RUIM was patched by BSNL. The outgoing calls are administratively blocked by BSNL.)

All bsnl ruim purchased and sold are evdo enabled and voice enabled.

try to use proxy as

and port 13002

Thanks for the information. Are you sure, these settings are same across India?

When I tried a simple network test to confirm the proxy function, I got a negative result; see:

C:\Documents and Settings\User>telnet 192.168.50.250 13002

Connecting To 192.168.50.250...Could not open connection to the host, on port 13002: Connect failed

You may be right; but as of now, I am unable to confirm this on the phone.

(Since I am not sure about the EVDO Rev A compatibility, I did not buy this handset.)

I used bsnl evdo in galaxy pop cdma but got only 1x speed in kolkata!went to samsung service centre and they were not helpful!

Please contact BSNL Customer Service again; they have a patch for EVDO RUIM's.

Actually BSNL did not confirm this patch is making the RUIM OMH compatible.

But they stated that many customers brought OMH compatible handsets and after the patch they are able to use EVDO Services.

(Unfortunately I could not do this using Ace Duos i589)

You need to ask BSNL for the CDMA SDE. He/she will be able to guide you.

Since Samsung themselves expressed me that they are not even aware of BSNL’s EVDO service, we would need to explore all possibilities!

An update:

This evening, I have visited a different Samsung store where the sales guy was ready to explore the funtioning of BSNL EVDO RUIM.

I was able to get CDMA 1x data (The browser loaded the page)

While the dial-up networking is enabled, the Net connection goes unavailable.

The range indicator was showing only 1x all the while, not EVDO.

I am not sure this is out of any lower range or any settings issue.

I had told these setting from my samsung corby handset it's evdo rev 0 handset,

and bsnl evdo ruim was working on evdo mode with above proxy. And it had also worked, when i was roaming outside maharashtra.

@luttappino1

Do not open new threads on same topic unnecessarily. Your new thread has been removed / unapproved now.

i have used bsnl evdo here in jaipur for past 6 months on 750/- unlimited plan. i can assure you the speeds were sarkari totally.

reliance cdma with 1x would respond faster. only at rare occasions at night it would jump to 1mbps for some time.

but thats not what you pay for.

i also have reliance netconnect + data card and it any day preceeds bsnl in performing.

I am in a longer pursuit of ensuring SAMSUNG Ace Duos SCH-i589 will work with my BSNL EVDO service of 3.1 Mbps. I want to use my Reliance service for voice and BSNL for data on the SAME phone.

During my first attempt, Samsung sales guys told that the RUIM card must be OMH.

When I contacted BSNL, they said there is a patch to make the legacy RUIM OMH compatible.

BSNL Bangalore guys patched the RUIM and given me back.

Again I have taken the RUIM the Samsung sales.

But they were quite unaware of the process of enabling the EVDO service on this mobile.

I have written the matter to Samsung but in vain.

Later, I have visited few Samsung Service centres following this.

They have asked me to visit the Samsung R&D guys in Bangalore.

But the insensitive staff did not direct me to any of the right guys.

Later I caught hold of some marketing guys of Samsung.

The first response of them was quite surprising!

They are not even aware of a CDMA service by BSNL.

They were even daring to “educate” me stating there is no CDMA service provided by BSNL.

I could make them listen to my queries after stating that I am already a BSNL subscriber!

During this conversation, Samsung says they are not responsible to compatibility of their services with “non-standard” service providers like BSNL; it seems they consider only providers like Reliance, Tata, MTS etc.

As of now, they have agreed to check again about these compatibility issues and come back.

From their response I am not sure, how much it would be hopeful.

Current technical status is these:

· The RUIM is recognized as an EVDO RUIM in the mobile

· I am able to receive calls using the RUIM

· But I am not able to configure this for data.

· BSNL staff in Bangalore confirms that some subscribers are already able to use this phone for EVDO data, (after the patch); but they are unable to configure it themselves and asks me to go to Samsung!

CAN YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE CAN GUIDE ME, HOW CAN I MAKE USE OF MY BSNL EVDO RUIM ON THIS MOBILE FOR DATA?

Hi,

Can you just give me the number in top of the the RUIM card.... there are some lot of RUIM cards which are not compatible with samsung handsets [the RUIM which BSNL has brought from one particular vendor]... If you are able to provide the number I will be able to verify this