Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

post-80554-0-67822900-1337262879_thumb.j

In an attempt to make wireless broadband more affordable India’s largest telecommunication company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) cuts down its EVDO data card price by Rs. 300. Currently BSNL EVDO data card sells at Rs. 1499.

BSNL, Kerala circle has decided to offer the EVDO Data Card at Rs. 1199 as an promotional festive from 16th January, 2012 to be more competitive in Wireless Broadband market. BSNL EVDO can offer upto 3.1 Mbps downlink and upto 1.8Mbps uplink on their EVDO Rev A network.

Currently wireless broadband market is mostly dominated by EVDO players – RCom (Netconnect+), Tata Teleservice/Tata Docomo (Photon+) and MTS India (MBlaze) while 3G-HSPA data services are still looking to make their way to the consumers. Even Vodafone India also launched their own branded EVDO data services as NetCruise

over MTS network.

BSNL EVDO services is the cheapest option in India for wireless broadband as only BSNL offers Unlimited usage at Rs. 750 per month with No Fair Usage Policy (FUP).

bsnl-evdo-postpaid.jpg

• The charges mentioned above will be automatically deducted from the account balance available in the customer’s prepaid account.
  • The bundled free data usage is also applicable while in National Roaming across India with in BSNL network.
  • The bundled free usage is to be exhausted within the validity period of 30 days.
  • No carry forward of un-utilized free data usage will be allowed after the expiry of validity period.
  • EVDO Roaming will be allowed in BSNL circles only.

BSNL EVDO R-UIM can be used on EVDO enabled mobile phones & browse unlimited 3G

Galaxy POP CDMA, Galaxy Ace Duos i589, Galaxy S2 Duos(coming soon) are EVDO enabled phones

Please Ensure compatibility of Samsung phones before buying.

Samsung India is not aware of anything on BSNL's EVDO services. :mad44:

Edited by luttappino1

This is an extremely good step from bsnl. I was thinking of getting a new connection & was worried about the initial cost. Now I don't think we should hesitate to buy it

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

:previous: always check signal at your use location..some of my friends tried this and found there was no evdo coverage in their locations! :smiley-bounce022:

of course..a couple of years back when they first introduced the evdo service i asked bsnl for a demo.the speed at that time was pathetic. it didn't even touch 20kbps. (yes kilo bits per sec and not kilo bytes). i shall once again ask for a demo before buying it.

im getting good speed!! :good:

post-80554-0-46989500-1337274322_thumb.j

:previous: wow that is an awesome speed in bangalore my friend. hope the network is as good in chennai
  • Like 1

im getting good speed!! :good:

post-80554-0-46989500-1337274322_thumb.j

That's great speed, care to share your exact location in Bangalore, the modem that you are using and distance from the nearest tower.

• Like 1

HSR Layout, Bangalore.

Micromax MMX 300C

Tip: Use a GOOD QUALITY USB extension cable and find a right spot for best speed.

Micromax device are of good quality and gives best speed on any evdo network.

but currently bsnl offer Chinese rebranded Prithvi device, these are worst quality, and speed is also poor.

these prithvi device available at Rs1199. So dont buy these chinese device at 1.2 k, at end u will regret.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am trying to ensure Ace Duos i589 will work with BSNL EVDO.

So far I could not confirm this.

As of now, I was able to get only 1x speed.

Do you have some clue on this? Are you getting EVDO speeds on any network or handsets?

I have written this matter in this forum:

http://www.rimweb.in...-and-bsnl-evdo/

Have a look at this, please!

It would be great if you could advise me on this.

Regards

I agree on the same ,when I went to get my connection theywere only having prithvi.So I only got the sim and did not buy the modem. My hunt for a temporary modem continues till the one I have ordered from US comes in.

Edited by Dushie
  • Like 1

HSR Layout, Bangalore.

Micromax MMX 300C

Tip: Use a GOOD QUALITY USB extension cable and find a right spot for best speed.

Hey even iam in hsr layout . I stay in sector1 how about you? any idea where the evdo tower is located in Hsr ,on my nokia phone I am getting 4 bars of signal.

Edited by Dushie
  • Like 1

Which nokia handset is evdo enabled?

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree on the same ,when I went to get my connection theywere only having prithvi.So I only got the sim and did not buy the modem. My hunt for a temporary modem continues till the one I have ordered from US comes in.

According to members here & from the research I have done, I think the best alternative available is to go for mmx 300c or 310c from micromax. Both are available at around 2k from flipkart. Used models may be purchased from rimweb also. I don't think we need to import it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

BSNL asked bid for network expansion in 2008 and 2010 but both got cancelled due to some Govt ****! :( That's why BSNL was not able to offer Huawei or ZTE EVDO modems right now.

As BSNL is going to expand with a new bid with vendors selected are ZTE, Huawei, Alcatel Lucent I hope that soon BSNL EVDO network will expand to many areas and better devices will come from BSNL 3G and EVDO.

That's certainly good to hear. As of now my search for a used modem continues.As they have good coverage of EVDO in Bangalore and they should not loose focus on this.

check more details here

http://telecomtalk.info/bsnl-launches-4-true-unlimited-evdo-data-stv/95214/

In an attempt to make wireless broadband more affordable India’s largest telecommunication company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) today introduces4 new ‘True Unlimited EVDO Data STVs’ for its customers across all circles.

BSNL-EVDO-Data-Card-Now-at-Rs.2299.jpg

BSNL introduces new Unlimited EVDO Data STVs for Rs. 55, Rs. 251, Rs. 440 and Rs. 825 offering True Unlimited Home and Roam data usage (No FUP) with speed up to 3.1 Mbps for 1 day, 7 Days, 15 Days and 30 Days respectively. The new STVs are applicable for BSNL’s EVDO General Plan users.

BSNL EVDO Prepaid Data Plans in Details :

BSNL-EVDO-Unlimited-Data-Plans.jpg