Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Airtel New 3G Tariff Plans With Smartbytes

Airtel New 3G Tariff Plans With SmartBytes

Airtel today announced NEW 3G Tariff Plans for both Prepaid and Postpaid. It has also introduced "Smartbyte" packs which can be availed by postpaid customers after exhausting the data limit.

24csbvm.png

• Like 2

Good Move by Airtel

Aircel brought out new plans a few days back. Now air hell has reduced rates. Waiting now for Vodafone to follow suit.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

but airtel speeds are very disappointing.

it was 1/4th of Reliance 3g in jaipur whenever I tested with speedtest app

and in mumbai when i was recently travelling it further reduced to half of it.

dont think would ever try them again.

rajan bhai, these new airtel plans are not reflecting in the chennai circle. have they been introduced everywhere or only for one particular circle?

^ ^ ^

The plan image in 1st post is taken from Airtel's Facebook page here >> http://www.facebook....438680282810661

Which says,

The new Airtel 3G packs are now available for both pre-paid and post-paid customers across circles using phones as well as dongles.

May be applicable just in illegal 3G-ICRA circles only... If NOT, AirTel customers should thank AirCel...

• Like 1

rajan bhai, these new airtel plans are not reflecting in the chennai circle. have they been introduced everywhere or only for one particular circle?

airtel site still not showing them,how to get them activated?

those who cant find these plans on site. look for airtel 3g smartbytes and you will find the plans.

not applicable in Rajasthan, Punjab & one more circle as of yet.

Maharashtra - 3 G Plan

applicable in Delhi..... activated 250 Rs. plan...

Speed is around 2.5 Mbps at most of the places.

^^ how did you activate it? If I send 3g to 121 I do not see the new plans

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

One doubt: Can we activate any number of 10 rupees packs per day??

this is actually quite ludicrous from airtel.when i click on the smartbytes ad in their website,it takes me to a page where is asks for a mobile number and to type a verification code.in the next step,a verification code is sent to the mobile & we are asked to enter that. but when i entered it,its saying that " sorry,the transaction could not be processed because the mobile number entered is inactive/invalid" . i mean even to have a look at the tariffs we have to jump through all sorts of hoops. its quite ridiculous

So this looks to be Airtel's new approach to fleese it's customers by charging them Rs 250 more for their 10GB plan. If you notice, the top end plans have been made more expensive. It was earlier for Rs 1250. Now it's Ra 1500!! Plus, the speeds will not let us know how much have we consumed already. What's the point of using SmartBytes when the damage shall already been done to my pockets? 3G is dangerous for many if it's not unlimited.

^^ how did you activate it? If I send 3g to 121 I do not see the new plans

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

if 3g is not activated on your No.(No matter whether it is showing a logo for GPRS, edge,3g,hspda) this is a two step process.

First you need to send "3G " on 121 then 3g will get activated on your no.(Verification message will be deliveed to u).

After activation repeat the same process. Send "3g" to 121, then it will ask you for plan activation.

Balance will be get deducted from main balance.

Edited by SantoshRoyal

this is actually quite ludicrous from airtel.when i click on the smartbytes ad in their website,it takes me to a page where is asks for a mobile number and to type a verification code.in the next step,a verification code is sent to the mobile & we are asked to enter that. but when i entered it,its saying that " sorry,the transaction could not be processed because the mobile number entered is inactive/invalid" . i mean even to have a look at the tariffs we have to jump through all sorts of hoops. its quite ridiculous

This is called giving an offer half-heartedly.... Not ready to give offer, but then NOT easy to remain in market... This is the situation of AirHELL 3G now...

are this plans available in Maharashtra and Goa circle?

plans updated for rajasthan .

i like the 250 for 1gb most.

as i used to recharge 200 for 500 mb on my photon.

now for 50 more bucks i get 1 gb.

So this looks to be Airtel's new approach to fleese it's customers by charging them Rs 250 more for their 10GB plan. If you notice, the top end plans have been made more expensive. It was earlier for Rs 1250. Now it's Ra 1500!! Plus, the speeds will not let us know how much have we consumed already. What's the point of using SmartBytes when the damage shall already been done to my pockets? 3G is dangerous for many if it's not unlimited.

at least for usage on mobile its great to see airtel offering cheapest option of 250 for 1 gb. though smartbytes is still not valid for rajasthan but what i read is they intend to inform you when you approach your limit through sms. and any which ways you dont need unlimited plans for mobiles. your wifi , mifi & broadband is for that kind of usage on pc.

i have already covered in another thread that use Onavo count - free anddroid app on mobile & tab to keep check & notification about your usage, if any app is hogging your net, you can fully control your data usage.

at least for usage on mobile its great to see airtel offering cheapest option of 250 for 1 gb. though smartbytes is still not valid for rajasthan but what i read is they intend to inform you when you approach your limit through sms. and any which ways you dont need unlimited plans for mobiles. your wifi , mifi & broadband is for that kind of usage on pc.

i have already covered in another thread that use Onavo count - free anddroid app on mobile & tab to keep check & notification about your usage, if any app is hogging your net, you can fully control your data usage.

The world would be a better place to be in if we could have just one flat plan basis day, week or month and not volume. Which plan to choose, how much have I used already, how much more before I shall be charged and at what rate??? So much to get 3G running on my phone or tablet. I wish Aircel 3G was in my area to choose an unlimited 3G plan and get rolling. I could always top up the plan if I needed to continue with high speeds after exhausting it. Else, I could continue with 128 Kbps without toggling the network.

The world would be a better place to be in if we could have just one flat plan basis day, week or month and not volume. Which plan to choose, how much have I used already, how much more before I shall be charged and at what rate??? So much to get 3G running on my phone or tablet. I wish Aircel 3G was in my area to choose an unlimited 3G plan and get rolling. I could always top up the plan if I needed to continue with high speeds after exhausting it. Else, I could continue with 128 Kbps without toggling the network.

what you wish is not very far. and its going on in many countries. but with any new service it takes a while to implement it on mass basis. depending upon customer interest need & usage type. I am sure there are plenty of people like you with specific needs. but there still many i know who like to use it for one hour max in a week.

but just like being hopeful for rcdma we finally got unified affordable hsd data plans. 3g will come down too once 4g is mass spread. already airtel & bsnl are working for it.