Official Website >> http://www.karbonnmo...9-proid-58.html

Specs:

• Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
  • 1 Ghz Processor
  • 3.8-inch Capacitive Touchscreen, 480*800 pixels
  • Dual SIM (GSM + GSM), 3G
  • 5 MP Auto Focus Primary Camera With Flash, Secondary Camera Support
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 1 GB Internal Storage. (There is confusion on this. Flipkart says 1 GB, Official Website does not mention.)
  • FM Radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
  • 1600 mAh Battery
  • Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB

Though processor or chipset make is not mentioned but in all probability i think this MAY have the new MTK 6575 Chipset >> http://www.mediatek....ent.php?sn=1052

This chipset is MediaTek's new budget SOC for smartphones but quite powerful with 1GHz ARMĀ® Cortex A9 processor, PowerVR SGX Series5 GPU.

• Like 2

I see they mimicked the Motorola 's Droid Eye boot animantion? :)

don't think its the MTK 6575 - since WCDMA 2100 / 3G does not seem to be mentioned as available.

cheers

AK

Anyway to confirm if MediaTek chipset is present?? I will definitely buy this for my friend, if it has one... It is as good as Galaxy S + DualSIM in <10k range....

don't think its the MTK 6575 - since WCDMA 2100 / 3G does not seem to be mentioned as available.

cheers

AK

At least 3G HSDPA is confirmed in this Karbonn Official Youtube Video for A9

Karbonn A9 Android Phone First Impressions posted by a USER on Youtube

^^^^^

If it can play TempleRun without hiccups, then its surely worth the price imho...

^^^ it's more than worth it according to the second video, it handled the game well without any issues as the person said UI seems to be very fluid, I think karbonn has a hit product in their only if they can market(advertise) it well.

Speck looks impressive. UI is the main letdown in these kind of non top branded phones( aks chineese). if this phone UI looks good then its worth.

But only white back cover available. Black will look better.

UI is the main letdown in these kind of non top branded phones( aks chineese).

'If the give stock Android, that would be best option.

Contacted Karbonn head office for finding out the chipset and processor make. I was told that the product team will call back. A lady did call back and confirmed 3G and 1GB Storage. Also confirmed it has GPU but when i asked whether it has MTK 6575 chipset and the specific processor model, she was not sure about that. She promised a call back within 10 minutes with the correct info.

That was about 12 hours back.

^^^^

LOL... CID shaab... All they know is get some phone from China for Rs.xyz per KG and pack them in their boxes and sell... You have scared them a lot... They are too frightened that they may stop releasing high end phones in future, with the fear someone with technical knowledge may ask too many questions to them....

Jokes apart, we may have to wait for some tech sites to give a review on this one and its power say like playing 720p videos without sweating, multi-tasking, etc... Only then, I will recommend to friends... Earlier one dualSIM 3G+2G Android phone from spice was too promising, but the review showed its ugly face... Let us all wait and see...

Even i the chipset is NOT mediatek, if the performance is good and overall NOT laggy, then surely its worth the money, imho...

OK. Some further leads...

As per the following system info screen shots, this phone seems to have Qualcomm MSM 7627A Chipset with Arm Cortex A9 processor alongwith Qualcomm Adreno 200 Graphic Processing Unit.

If i have to believe Flipkart specs then Samsung Galaxy Ace as well as Dell Venue both have Adreno 200 GPU. Samsung Galaxy Ace Dell Venue

So for the price and specs, Karbonn A9 does look promising and VFM initially.

vq5xyp.pngxarj0j.png10qx55h.png

This handset has a Qualcomm snapdragon s1 msm7227a. Dp is Rs 9000

i would have bought it but will wait for the price to drop next year

i can't spend over rs. 5-6 k on a 2nd tier brand like karbon when i bought my last handset for rs. 5.5 k [samsung]

hopefully someone will launch a side slider andriod dual sim by then