Chetan

Forced To Buy / Renew Silver Pack on Reliance BIG TV

17 posts in this topic

I have been using BIGTV for an year now, and its time for renewal. I called up customer services for the same, ( 1800 200 9001), I wanted to renew with BRONZE PACK (Rs.174/- pm) + Ultra Sharp II as addon. (Rs,83/-PM)

The CC guys tell me i cannot renew with bronze pack, and i have to renew with only SILVER PACK ( Rs.202 /- per month). This is due to i am having BIGTV HD STB. I do not like this a bit. I will have to esclate this matter further.

Has any one faced this issue when renewing ? Please reply

3 people like this

I am also using HD Silver is min option

Don't they have any Retention offer in BigTV?????

Today got a retension offer from TATA Sky

So competition is on

What offer did you get from Tata Sky ?

I think silver pack is min for hd customer not silver sports.

Has Reliance stopped selling DTH Connections?

My HD STB has finall died ( stopped working, only RED LED comes on). big tv at first refused to replace it, then they offered SD STB + 6 months free subscription, which i refused. Now they told me if i want HD STB then i have to pay them additonal 2000/-

How stupid can they get ? I have an 6 months unused portion of my 1 year subs( rs.1600/-), to use this 1600/- i have to pay them 2000/- , i llas well dump it in dust bin outside anil ambani's residence.

So chetan r u finally going to switch over to new provider?

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

My HD STB has finall died ( stopped working, only RED LED comes on). big tv at first refused to replace it, then they offered SD STB + 6 months free subscription, which i refused. Now they told me if i want HD STB then i have to pay them additonal 2000/-

How stupid can they get ? I have an 6 months unused portion of my 1 year subs( rs.1600/-), to use this 1600/- i have to pay them 2000/- , i llas well dump it in dust bin outside anil ambani's residence.

STB is their properly so you can ask them free replacement...

Same thing happen with me on airtel after going over their documentation they clearly mention that STB is their property so you should ask them nicely first..

Each one is worse than the other. So i guess ill use the 100/- local cable

@manoj patel, they refused to replace stb as it is out of warranty. Yes they agree its their own property but as per their rules,

As per company policy, after warranty period, service charge of Rs.175/- is applicable on registration of the service request, which will be levied even if the issue is auto-resolved or does not require a technician visit for any reason. If any part/ equipment is replaced or repaired then applicable charges will be levied.

As per company policy, the HD Set Top Box replacement charges is Rs.2000/- and you are provided with 90 days extended warranty on replaced Set Top Box.

Kindly confirm and write to us for further proceedings.

So out of sheer boredom i opened the stb and saw some capacitors are bulged, will try to replace them and see if it works. Will post the results here later.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

post-10850-142565610058_thumb.jpg

post-10850-142565612192_thumb.jpg

post-10850-142565616169_thumb.jpg

Cable TV might've been 100 bucks few months back. But after compulsory digitisation, they've hiked their tariff & now minimum seems like 200 + additional for pay channels

@acs i am in Coimbatore. No digitisation here.

Just as i suspected, capacitors were the issue.. Changed 7 of them..now stb is working again.

But one problem does remain, at times video goes away , but i can hear the audio . then i need to reset the stb. Then it starts working again.

Any idea where i should look - troubleshoot?

1 person likes this

How did this work out...i like the kind of hackery you are doing.

Try connecting analog AV inputs when this happens....If you get video there, then problem with be with the replacement caps. Analog is less sensitive to voltage fluctuations due to caps...but digital / hdmi is very sensitive.

I am using Videocon, it has a serial port....i am yet to get any issues (touchwoood!) but i guess it would be helpuful in such scenarios. Do you have it on yours?

Just as i suspected, capacitors were the issue.. Changed 7 of them..now stb is working again.
But one problem does remain, at times video goes away , but i can hear the audio . then i need to reset the stb. Then it starts working again.
Any idea where i should look - troubleshoot?