Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MTS: Dirty Tricks Department For Unauthorised VAS Deductions In Prepaid

MTS : Dirty Tricks Department For Unauthorised VAS Deductions in Prepaid

I took an MTS Prepaid CDMA Connection on 21-5-2012 in Mumbai Circle. Primarily to test network at my place of usage.

Next day onwards, started receiving phone call from the number 01401753863 everyday precisely at 6.03 p.m.

For 2-3 days did not pick up the call assuming it to be a pesky marketing call.

On 4th day picked up the call, just said Hello, call disconnected automatically and bamm.... Instantly received the following SMS...

Dear Customer, You are now subscribed to Hindi Adult Joke Service at Rs 30 for 30 days. Thank You. :angry:

Have complained on 198. I was told it will credited back in 4 Hours. Nothing Happenned. Again Called. This time was told will be credited in 30 minutes. Still Nothing.

Will Wait and then take it up forward to Nodal, PGP etc.

Why this Kolaveri Di for just Rs 30.

Because it's not merely a question of Rs 30. Basically it's Plain Theft.

Imagine a scenario when you are walking on the road and someone snatches your pocket.

That's a Criminal Offence of Theft as per IPC. If the police is able to catch the culprit, they will arrest, court will try the offence and conviction will result in a jail sentence.

How different is this unauthorised VAS deductions from above?

Members welcome to post their experience / resolution in this topic for unauthorised VAS Deductions by MTS.

disgusting and shameful......

many thanx for warning us abt MTS.

atleast new subscribers can be aware of the practices of telecom companies.

Rajan bhai, Its not about MTS only. Its with everyone.

I am using TATA DOCOMO Gsm in Data Card on 3G WiFi Router. There is NO way I could answer the call or reply or send a SMS, Still my balance was deducted for VAS activation.

Imho, beggary is better than burglary... If they found it too difficult to continue business in India or Trai's recommendations too costly, they better shut all their holes with cork and pack back to Russia...

at last the only hopeful Cdma operator in India, has started following their big brothers path...

I wonder with the timer starts running after pressing green in Cdma phones, and these fellows being hopelessly culprit, I wonder how much they might have looted even in per second plans... Even gsm of tata charges extra upto three seconds in per second plans, clearly shown by call timers...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-captivate glide using Tapatalk

I second Kapil's view that it is a common feature of almost every operator. I've experienced this with Vodafone, AirTel, Reliance GSM, Tata Indicom, Uninor a number of times, but never with BSNL :hypocrite:

Rajan bhai is totally correct to call it as blatant theft. I've also seen people unknowingly paying for monthly subscription for caller tune (they don't know music is getting played when they are being called).

Rajan bhai, Its not about MTS only. Its with everyone.

I am using TATA DOCOMO Gsm in Data Card on 3G WiFi Router. There is NO way I could answer the call or reply or send a SMS, Still my balance was deducted for VAS activation.

very true.. even i faced VAS deductions in Tata DoCoMo through their "Bollywood Pack" & "Weight Loss Tips" while using their EDGE service on unlocked Modem only. I wonder, how they knew that i'm overweight.. :doh:

shifting to Unlimited Aircel 3G now..

Rs 30 refunded by MTS after 2 more phone calls running into 10 minutes and repeating the entire thing again and again. :argue:

Funnily the Customer Service guy was insisting on speaking in HINDI only.

Upon asking him why then they keep the language option menu of Marathi, Hindi and English from which i had already selected English by pressing 3...

He told me.. "Saar agar aap hindi me bolenge to hi hum aapki behtar seva kar sakte hai.." :doh::confuse:

Meanwhile i am continuing to get phone calls from that number 01401753863.. But won't pick now.. :nono:

Edited by rajanmehta

The main problem is the amount of time we need to waste to get back the amount.

Congrats Rajan for taking the pain. Even I fight till I get the amount looted.

This is a sad thing happening with all operators( even BSNL). TRAI should come with some strict penality, like Rs.10,000 per wrong deduction, then only we can see some change in attitude of the operators

Rajanji, I hope you have already sent request for DND.

By the way, how's the MTS network at your place?

It shows that company are now collecing money from their subscriber for forth coming auction.

so that they can pass highly priced spectum chage from customer to ministers.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

First thing i did after taking the connection was activating DND. MTS Network is quite good at my place.

It shows that company are now collecing money from their subscriber for forth coming auction.

so that they can pass highly priced spectum chage from customer to ministers.

I am seeing MTS doing this for past one year.

An MTS dealer friend has told me that once VAS was activated even his dealer's special UIM. :doh:

First thing i did after taking the connection was activating DND. MTS Network is quite good at my place.

Great, also check the signal at different places/routes where you often go.

Most of the time mts is latching to tat docomo cdma network

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

@

rajanmehta

Every operator are here to loot money from us....airtel,vodafone & reliance are the "Guru's" in this aspect....atlist u got ur money back from MTS....But most of customers of the big operators nvr got the money back...

@kanaga...

have u personally used MTS?I am using MTS for more than 3 yrs & they never deduct a single extra paisa in per second plan...

• Like 1

i am using MTS for the last 6 months or so for OUTGOING calls ONLY, i find it real cheap, 1/2p per second and then if we recharge it with 175 we get 200 (so it is less than 30p / min), the MAIN problem is i get atleast 12 calls everyday from numbers 0140165....... , even after subscribing to DND twice it wudn`t stop.

@ Avisekh, am talking from my experience....

okk .. so from what i have learnt from many people ..

There are Billing and VAS service software vendors to whom Telcos buy products and outsource it to some third party System Integerators ...

Now these SI's are not fully trained on the product or are doing such stuff by intent so that they can show increase in revenue to telco biggies... Actually telco must take care of this .. but in Indian cost effective scenario nobody has time to look at it ..

Hence, telco's are not to blame but software vendors and SI's to them are ..

• Like 1

I an using MTS since 9 months. I am subscribe to end start with start 0 after done I am not receive any single call from MTS and also not receive any single msg regarding offer.

Received a Call from MTS Number 09146001996 just now informing that my earlier complaint for Rs 30 VAS Deduction has been resolved.

The moment i disconnected that call, received the following SMS without me doing anything...

Your Music Unlimited Subscription has been renewed at Rs 2 Day till 27-5-2012 :bash:

I fear they are going to do this on a daily basis. Solve one complaint and do another unauthorised VAS activation.

They are banking on the fact that how long the customer will keep on complaining and will get tired one day.

there are various DND option opt for 0 DND. send the following SMS

START 0 to 1909.

this will stop even the promotional calls.

oh no... this is just pathetic.... just register with DND first. and then lodge a complaint.

@anirocks as you can see he had already registered his no for dnd

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G