Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

RIMweb Exclusive: MTS New CDMA Android Handsets Launch - MTag 401 And Samsung Galaxy Y

RIMWeb Exclusive: MTS New CDMA Android Handsets Launch - MTAG 401 And Samsung Galaxy Y

You heard this first on RIMWeb!

MTS is launching two new CDMA Android Handsets.

Both are expected to be available in the market starting Monday, 28th May 2012.

MTS MTAG 401: Approx Price Rs 8,999

bgrabn.png

• Android Gingerbread 2.3.5
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Mhz S1 processor
  • 4 Inch 262K WVGA 800x480 Capacitive Display
  • 233 PPI (Pixel Per Density) - ( Which is highest in this budget class of handsets)
  • 512 MB ROM, 256 MB RAM
  • CDMA 800 Mhz, EVDO REV A
  • 1700 mAh Battery ( Wooohoo...)
  • 3 MP Camera
  • WiFi Hotspot: Connect Upto 5 Devices
  • GPS

MTS Offer With The Handset For Prepaid

Paper Recharge of Rs 492 which gives 1 GB High Speed EVDO Data & Unlimited 1X Data thereafter for 3 Months and Unlimited Onnet per month for 2 months.

Samsung Galaxy Y CDMA: Approx Price Rs 7,999

33yj9ua.png

• Android Gingerbread 2.3.5
  • 600 Mhz (MSM7627) Processor
  • 3 Inch QVGA TFT 320X240 Display
  • CDMA 800 Mhz, EVDO REV A
  • 2 MP Camera
  • 1,200 mAh Battery
  • FM Radio, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS

MTS Offer With The Handset For Prepaid

Paper Recharge of Rs 492 gives 1 GB High Speed EVDO Data & Unlimited 1X Data thereafter for 3 Months and Unlimited Onnet per month for 2 months.

• Like 4

Nice info thanks Rajan Bhai.Is there any lock in period with this offer?

that mtag 401 model from huawei or zte ?????

Only 256MB RAM and 3MP cam on Mtag!

Why risk buying Locked handset now when their licence has been cancelled. Who knows if they will spend 3-4 billion dollars to retain it.

As expected,

highly priced locked cdma handset

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Nice info thanks Rajan Bhai.Is there any lock in period with this offer?

that mtag 401 model from huawei or zte ?????

Those details are awaited.

Why risk buying Locked handset now when their licence has been cancelled. Who knows if they will spend 3-4 billion dollars to retain it.

Right. That's a valid concern. Moot point is even if they do participate in the fresh auction and retain the license, how on earth they will be able to offer the current tariffs (Which is one of the USP of MTS ) after spending those billions? No way it can be a viable business proposition for them without huge increase in tariffs.

TRAI recommendations for fresh spectrum auction penalises CDMA operators with a double whammy. Approx. Half the spectrum and 1.5 times the price compared to GSM.

I think MTS is done in India there is no business case for them if reserve price in not reduced by 70-80%. They will not spend 3-4 b$ for 2.5 mhz spectrum even if they some how do it then also they have to keep giving same tariff otherwise nobody will take it. Their data dreams will also be shattered by RIL and others and however technology neutral 2.5 mhz will be like stirring bucket with a spoon. My take bye bye MTS( only miracle in spectrum pricing can save them now)

Some Clarification:

• Samsung Galaxy Y is not locked to MTS network whereas MTAG 401 is locked.
  • There is no minimum monthly commitment for recharge or anything for either of the handsets. Pay as you go.

As expected,

highly priced locked cdma handset

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

I think price of these phones will go down in 2-3 months!

Holy sh!t ..........

MTag 401 is not made by Huawei and ZTE !!! :D :D :D though I called toll free no, they told me Huawei !! What a lie!!

I downloaded the user manual - it is saying Coolpad and Yulong Computer Telecommunication Scientific (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.!!

After some searching over Google. i find that it is actually Coolpad 5860.

source: here you can check the camera review also with photographs taken by Coolpad 5860.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCoolpad%2B5860%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dopera%26hs%3D7nb%26rls%3Den%26channel%3Dsuggest%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.co.in&sl=zh-CN&twu=1&u=http://detail.zol.com.cn/cell_phone/index300002.shtml&usg=ALkJrhjxJbB37peQ0k4zLieSoHpXBQzoqg

As MTag 401 includes Snapdragon S1 MSM7627 chipset which includes ARM11 600/800Mhz processor, it is high chance that it also includes Adreno 200 GPU. I asked the CC but she didn't understand my question! :o

now it could be better deal as there is already Coolpad 5860+ with 1GHz processor.

:w00t: ek or coolpad handset...

strictly no to coolpad.

but recently i came to know that reliance coolpad handset are made up of ZTE itself.

so first mts come up with mtag by huawei brand,

now they slightly chage name and reatain brand name of Mtag and fooling cutomer by giving coolpad handset.

MTS shud shut down service, rather than giving these marketing gimik

• Like 1

Guys!

check out the unboxing of MTS Mtag 401 uploaded by MTS

Why no mention about MTag 701, this is from Lawa

General CDMA High Speed Data Network (3.1 Mbps DL, 1.8 Mbps UL) Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/, Wi-Fi hotspot Bluetooth 2.1 Micro USB 2.0 Tethering and Mobile Hotspot 197mm*120mm*14mm 395gms

Display 7" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen 800*480 pixels 133ppi pixel density

Audio Front speaker & 2.5mm headset Jack AAC/WMA/WMV/MP3 audio formats

Video DiVX supported (Mobo Player Supported) MP4,H.264,H.263 Video formats Pre-installed MTS TV, & YouTube Applications

Memory 512MB RAM Memory expandable upto 32GB

Camera 5MP 2592*1944 pixels Autofocus Geo-Tagging VGA Secondary camera

Features Android OS 2.2 Froyo Qualcomm MSM7627T HTML Browser Email, Push Email, IM GPS with A-GPS support Java MIDP enabled Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk Organizer 4250 mAh Li-Ion Battery

Pre-Loaded Apps MTS TV, MTS Magazines, MTS Books, MTS Planet, GOWeather,TOI, SaaVN

is mtag 401 a good phone to buy

i want to give it to my mother

also can d lock be opened to use with tata bcz although my mother is using mts but deir is uncertainity bout their license n all

pls comment asap

:previous: Those are total crap handsets...

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Get a SIM free CDMA phone, they are smartphones not cheap multimedia Androids. It's no headache now, get one from this forum. Developers here import US handsets which are absolute quality.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

As I understand, MTS has started shipping its handsets with "smartphone card". These cards are not available otherwise. That means, if you want to MTS (which is a case in my region - the best network & data are from MTS), you are forced to buy these phones only. I've to buy one for MTS and I don't see any resort out of it. If anyone throw better light on it, it would be great. Thanks.

Get a SIM free CDMA phone, they are smartphones not cheap multimedia Androids. It's no headache now, get one from this forum. Developers here import US handsets which are absolute quality.

Sellers here cannot configure imported handsets to MTS network.

Only Sadikk Seikh was selling MTS-enabled non-RUIM handsets. But he is not at all regular on this. And also he cannot sell handsets for MTS of non-Mumbai circles.

So almost No-No for imported good handsets on MTS as of now.

^

@Krishnendu, I know about Incredible 2 and already using it on MTS. Quite a few of my friends (5 in number) are also using it.

However, Faramroze Chyella is referring about imported non-RUIM handsets for MTS. This is what I said not yet available on our forum. Even the reputed sellers are yet to get persons from MTS who will do the back-end MEID registraion/A-Key configuration. That's why these good non-RUIM handsets are still elusive on MTS network.

If somebody can do this for MTS with data, I would probably be one of the first buyers of a good handset (non-RUIM) e.g. iPhone4S/hTc EVO 4G LTE/Google Nexus/Samsung GS3/Moto Droid Razr Maxx etc.

Sellers here cannot configure imported handsets to MTS network.

Only Sadikk Seikh was selling MTS-enabled non-RUIM handsets. But he is not at all regular on this. And also he cannot sell handsets for MTS of non-Mumbai circles.

So almost No-No for imported good handsets on MTS as of now.

Only option for MTS users is HTC Droid Incredible 2 which is available in our beloved Rimweb forum. Both SougataDC n myself using incredible 2 which we bought from here.

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

^

@Krishnendu, I know about Incredible 2 and already using it on MTS. Quite a few of my friends (5 in number) are also using it.

However, Faramroze Chyella is referring about imported non-RUIM handsets for MTS. This is what I said not yet available on our forum. Even the reputed sellers are yet to get persons from MTS who will do the back-end MEID registraion/A-Key configuration. That's why these good non-RUIM handsets are still elusive on MTS network.

If somebody can do this for MTS with data, I would probably be one of the first buyers of a good handset (non-RUIM) e.g. iPhone4S/hTc EVO 4G LTE/Google Nexus/Samsung GS3/Moto Droid Razr Maxx etc.

Point is noted now. My cousin had got his handset done on MTS by some EBay seller. Programmers on eBay may remove their offer/services at any moment. One has search with the word meid and all offers starting from Rs 800 will show up. This pre is for MTS and BSNL Tarang.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Palm-Pre-Plus-Smartphone-16GB-Memory-512-RAM-WIFI-GPS-Mobile-Hotspot-/320962441685?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item4abada31d5#ht_8176wt_922

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Edited by dr.faramroze

source

MTS today announced launching of the Galaxy Y CDMA Smartphone priced at Rs. 7999 for prospective buyers and will come bundled with First Recharge Voucher of Rs. 492 which will offer the users to make Unlimited Local MTS to MTS calls (Free Usage Policy of 150 minutes per day) for 3 months and also enjoy Unlimited Data Usage (1GB @ HSD then 1X unlimited per month) for 3 months.

MTS-Galaxy-Y.jpg