Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jd21

EVDO Speed Is Too Slow As Like 1X

@dkaile - Sir Sprint Proxy to nahi lagi hui?

No amit; proxy is all zero

Jd seems to be evading Administrator Arun ji's pertinent question, "who is the seller?".

This is required here as a general issue is being discussed on Jd's initiation and he has raised finger at the seller too.

Speeds are not as before. Many networks all over India are feeling it.

Here sometimes i get 1.8Mbps and 300 to 800kbps most of the time.

The Reliance tower is right opposite to my shop.

EVDO speed depends on many factors

1:stable Coverage (coverage fluctuation causing dip in EVDO speed)

2:Depends on EVDO Rev A or Rev B in each area

3:users in each cell.(Normally An EVDO BTS can only occupies 90 user ie 30 users per sector.In that case also above 10 user on sector cause dip speed to 200 Kbps)

Experts / Gurus

I have one Sprint Nexus S 4G on reliance prepaid with 94 EVDO plan.

For strange reasons my EVDO is working in terms of getting a call while download in progress but i am getting speeds of 1X like maximum of 14KB/s download ping is 700ms and upload 29KB/s.

I have checked proxy as well its zeroed already.

Anything else needs to be done or checked or programmed.

Kindly help/suggest.

Thanks

Go to Settings > About > Status

What does it show under Mobile Network Type?

If ping is 700 i doubt if it is really evdo.

But then u say u are able to receive calls too.

Well sometimes on 1x also u may receive calls.

have u used evdo on this before?

Go to Settings > About > Status

What does it show under Mobile Network Type?

Mobile network type is CDMA - 1X RTT-7

So either EVDO is not activated or EVDO is not available in your area. If you are sure it's available then contact your handset seller for the activation.

So either EVDO is not activated or EVDO is not available in your area. If you are sure it's available then contact your handset seller for the activation.

EVDO is very much available in my area and also ACS confirmed only again today that EVDO is very much active.

If ping is 700 i doubt if it is really evdo.

But then u say u are able to receive calls too.

Well sometimes on 1x also u may receive calls.

have u used evdo on this before?

No i have never used EVDO before on this handset.

Call receiving while data active on 1X never happened with me earlier. Are you sure?

Then try uploading the NV dump file.

Today I got my sister's Nexus S 4G from US which I got MEID and EvDo activated last week. Once again *228/*22898/*228001 did not work and had to put MIN manually. 1x started after I removed all Sprint settings from QPST. Using root explorer I wrote HDR username/pass as in APN. 1x works as it works, connects to EvDo and it works at 130-160 kbits per sec. It is confirmed that the phone joins EvDo network then why is the speed so low? Is any other parameter needed?

EVOing on RCDMA using Tapatalk

If *228 activation did not go through and you requested for EVDO activation, it will not get activated properly. You will need to sort out the *228 activation and then request for EVDO activation.

After dialling *228 just let the IVR complete...ur phone will be OTA fed... Atleast in my case this hpnd... I tarnsferred my number from evo3d to Nexus through webworld.. When dialled *228 it asked for language selection which i was not able to as there was no onscreen keyboard available but I didn't disconnect the call..Voila after completing the process it said your phone is activated now..ur number is bla bla... :-P

*228 automatically selects "English" after 2-3 language prompts if no inputs..

Hey guys, I'm new to cdma technology and have run into a problem. I was hoping someone here might be able to help. I own a samsung epic 4g. I get the 3g icon on top but the speed s**ks, it can't possibly be evdo, must be on 1x. Well the problem is, I thought may updating the prl would get the evdo working so I tried updating it from under about phone and update system settings. The update failed, and worse part is that now it won't connect to internet at all. Though the 3g icon is still there but I can't connect to the internet. Please help me. I will never again mess with the settings :( please help me.

*228 automatically selects "English" after 2-3 language prompts if no inputs..

*228 does not select language and hangs up as not activated. *22898 ivrs does select language but says " your phone could not be activated". Enquired at web world and the guys showed their status as '1x, EvDo,calling and sms working properly' No flag at any service or HLR. Phone latched to network properly

Hey guys, I'm new to cdma technology and have run into a problem. I was hoping someone here might be able to help. I own a samsung epic 4g. I get the 3g icon on top but the speed s**ks, it can't possibly be evdo, must be on 1x. Well the problem is, I thought may updating the prl would get the evdo working so I tried updating it from under about phone and update system settings. The update failed, and worse part is that now it won't connect to internet at all. Though the 3g icon is still there but I can't connect to the internet. Please help me. I will never again mess with the settings :( please help me.

EVDO speeds seems to have gone to the dogs in most parts of the country in Reliance. I am seriously contemplating leaving them for good. My Epic 4G Touch has everything in order and all evdo activated but still speeds are comparable just to 1x.

Damn BAD Reliance....

Edited by dkaile

Thank you for a reliable input. Point cannot be overlooked. Then this means I should try out EvDo speed at different neighbouring sites.

Its true EVDO speeds are far below the expected speeds.

I am getting RCDMA speeds between 20kbps to 250kbps. with 40-60% signal strength which is ok for browsing.But i never got more than 1mbps.

MTS was little better between 20kbps to 600kbps.

But what is the status of 3G services and speeds in india.DId any one tried 3g service of BSNL,AIRCEL, IDEA,etc. Except on highways and major public areas they should be worst in inside residential areas, apartments, houses , remote areas like villages , small towns.

I tried recently aircel with 70 % signal strength it hardly gave 2kbps to 200 kbps.Idea dead slow. Airtel, Docomo no signal for edge also. BSNL officials advice not go for BSNL data at all

What other reliable wireless data options do we have?

CDMA has lost its superiority after launch of GSM 3G... I am using both Vodafone and Reliance 3G... Reliance is not even comparable to vodafone in speed.. Also day by day speed getting slow..

I am facing this problem since August. Their subscriber base is dwindling and also there is no network congestion. It is difficult to understand why sudden drop in the speed. Now only reason for staying with Reliance is their tariff and "comparatively" economical handsets on rimweb ;). I doubt if anyone can match it.

Edited by csmart

I m with reliance due to awesome call quality during traveling...but data part is really disappointing...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Got almost 7.2 MBPS speed in idea. downloaded 1.1 GB in 30 minutes.

• Like 1