Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jd21

EVDO Speed Is Too Slow As Like 1X

Got almost 7.2 MBPS speed in idea. downloaded 1.1 GB in 30 minutes.

7.2 Mbps -mega bits

I guess the slow speeds are caused by the ever increasing data cards.

Time to develop wifi hotspots.

These days my EVDO speed is very very bad. Few months ago it was excellent (0.7~1.5Mbps). But since december, the speed is poorer than 1X. And many times it switches to 1X.

I've heard TRAI is implementing strict rules for Wired/Wireless broadband/mobile Data rules and guidelines from 1st January. Will it make any difference?

I don't think the regulation will make any difference.. And check whether the speed issue is only in your residential location or overall.. Because these people sometimes change position of their towers etc..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Data Goes in Two Ways EVDO or 1X

If You are in EVDO Coverage Area Mobile Switches to EVDO Signal

If You Are Outside EVDO Coverage It Changes to 1X Data Signal

Evdo Rev.A (3.1Mbps) Depends on Various Factors like

> No. of active Users in a Particular Area

> Horizontal Distance from an EVDO BS (Tower)

> Altitude of Place Where Using Mobile

> Building Obstraction in Cities/Town

If The Users in a Particluar area are below the Limit Capacity of an Tower You Can Experience Good Avarage speed of 2.4-2.9 Mbps

If The Users are High (Beyond the Capacity Limit in that Area) The speed is Equally Divided among the Customer if you had Got Full Signal Strength which Results in Decrease of Speed (Doesn't depends upon day time or night time)

But Now in Most of the Cities the Users are Beyond the Capacity Limits as active users using EVDO in an Particular Area which results in Very Low Average Speed of 80Kbps - 190 Kbps.

You Can Test the Speed in Low Active Users Area where Speeds will be 1.5-2.1 Mbps

So You May Experience 1X Speed in Such Conditionspost-77134-0-76762000-1357237704_thumb.j

(all Speed Tested are Average with Disance of 500mts from Tower)

Thanks vizagvsp and astrokidvaibhav.

But since last month i am experiencing higher upload speed and lower download speed.

Upload speed is almost double the download speed

^ true.. exactly same with me..

Test Date: Jan 5, 2013 1:53:35 am

Connection Type: Wifi

Server: Lucknow

Download: 0.05 Mbps

Upload: 0.64 Mbps

Ping: 361 ms

http://www.speedtest.net/android/333638934.png

this is using MTS MTag (unlocked) with wifi tethering enabled..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

My broadband speeds used to be like this lower on the download and higher for the upload.. Those were the days when I was more active on the torrent sites.. It shouldn't happen this way for EVDO..

My experience with RCDMA over the last 6 to 8 months is that when my usage exceeds 500 MB in a billing cycle, the EVDO speeds automatically comes to a crawling 0.1Mbps. On complaining, the nincompoopish CC says that your EVDO is not active and they take a request and which takes 5 days to activate EVDO. After a week, there is a call from Mumbai saying your EVDO is now active, please switch off and switch on your handset after 10 minutes and you will get good speeds. This will work for the next 2 to 3 days during which, amazed by the good EVDO speeds (actually better than 0.1Mbps), you will have used another 300 to 500 MBs and once again the same rigmarole will start all over again - your EVDO is not active, complaint registered and after a week or so, EVDO gets activated, you use up a bit and again the same scenario starts again. Sickening to say the least.

It is a deliberate ploy by RCOM to limit EVDO usage for people on the unltd plan. Hence I downgraded my plan to 1GB this month, saving Rs 506 per month. To hell with RCOM if they do not want the extra income. The CC says that the unltd plan is now available if I want to take it. I am sick of their attitude, so I have not taken the bait.

On a serious note, I am seriously thinking of switching to AirHell. Atleast their 3G speeds are good in Chennai. Fothe same amount that I spent with RCOM, I can live peacefully with AirHell 3G with almost the same voice, roaming and SMS tariffs as RCOM and a far superior and responsive CC. maybe I should have MNP'd earlier itself. Still no regrets. Better late than never.

Just my $0.02.

Edited by KumaarShah
  • Like 1

Haha..liked ur description of two cents:)

• Like 1

This is what reliance said me in a mail after my complaint...

"Actual speed can be as high as up to 3.1 Mbps, but in most real-world situation, you can expect average speed of 200-300 Kbps."

So in the real world situation you will get less than 10% of max speed promised. Lol. TRAI please do something.

:previous: Did they really say practical speed of 200 - 300 kbps? From which email address did they reply that?

Here in Colombo I am using Dialogue mobile data card.... Maximum theoretical speed said is 1Mbps. Surprisingly the real speed is not much different.. I stream videos and Online TV smoothly like I used to do in Japan... Shame on Indian Telcos....

May be they meant download speed of 200-300kbps?

:previous: What else can they mean by that?

i meant to say KBps..so in effect 200-300KBps would roughly equate with 3.1 Mbps

Just a wild guess

Received following email from netconnect.broadband@relianceada.com

Dear Abhishek,

This is with reference to your e-mail dated January 6, 2013 for your Reliance Netconnect+ number 93xxxxxxxx, regarding poor speed. We understand the inconvenience caused to you and take this as a feedback to improve our services to meet your expectations. Kindly note that the speed will depend on a variety of factors like:

The number of voice and data users in your area

Signal strength available at the time of connection

The site you are visiting

Your computer configuration

Network load

Internet traffic

Actual speed can be as high as up to 3.1 Mbps, but in most real-world situation, you can expect average speed of 200-300 Kbps. Assuring you of our best services always. Thank you for choosing Reliance.

Best regards,

Rakesh Bageria

Officer - Customer Care Reliance Communications Limited

Does this mean Evdo won't get better? And how data card get better speed compare to phone?

Sent from my GT-N7100

My 1X speed are pretty decent. I get above 100 kbps which is nice for a 144 kbps connection. But EVDO speeds are awful. I have never even touched 200 kbps till now.

Well guys, the actual claimed speed is 3.1mbps but the max u can touch is 2,8mbps in a test environment...As the no. of users increase on a tower the speed actually gets distributed so as the reason the person getting good speed in the day time will get less speed in the evening time from 8-12PM during which more of the users pump in..It works on sharing principle not the dedicated 1 as u have in your leased line or broadband.

Also with all these new plans coming up there is steep rise in the volume and hence u get the lesser speeds.

My results at Hyderabad as follows:

Date time reliance Latitude Longitude DW/UL/Ping

"2013-01-21 12:41","EvdoA","17.38114","78.47523",950,590,107,
"2013-01-21 12:40","EvdoA","17.38114","78.47523",953,502,123,
"2013-01-21 07:15","EvdoA","17.45767","78.50562",513,68,144,
"2013-01-20 23:31","EvdoA","17.45767","78.50562",190,258,117,
"2013-01-18 20:46","EvdoA","17.45767","78.50562",752,936,146,
"2013-01-18 19:41","EvdoA","17.40946","78.31757",1043,939,101,
"2013-01-18 17:56","EvdoA","17.37517","78.49840",765,887,101,

burabagu.jpg

sent from my Droid Bionic via Reliance

Surat people are lucky

I tried evdo of mts, tata and reliance. found reliance evdo is worst among all. max 1.5Mbps on rcom rev A.

while tata n mts r awesome - touched 3Mbps some times!