Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jd21

EVDO Speed Is Too Slow As Like 1X

:previous: actually it depends on the area you are using it.Worst thing about reliance is in some areas they give very high download speed (even >350 kBps) but in majority of areas touching 30 kBps is difficult.From the rcom site coverage section you can see that all BTS of kolkata area are not evdo enabled many are still 1x! :mad44:

:previous: actually it depends on the area you are using it.Worst thing about reliance is in some areas they give very high download speed (even >350 kBps) but in majority of areas touching 30 kBps is difficult.From the rcom site coverage section you can see that all BTS of kolkata area are not evdo enabled many are still 1x! :mad44:

No as fas as the city is concerned, there is carper coverage and kolkata is one of the top city with good throughput...

In my area the speed sometimes is very slow and sometimes it's fast like hell. Many a times I also notice '3G' instead of '1x'. I don't know if it's just me or there are others like me out there...:)

I'm getting speed of around 500-600 kbps in Evdo whereas other users are getting speed of 1.5mbps. Any solution for increasing the speed..?? I'm using it in Delhi.

My EVDO speeds are getting worse day by day ... speed differs in every room of my house even though i get full signals . speed range from .5mbps to 1.3 mbps :(

^^I think u r lucky bro that u still get that much... :P

• Like 2

Are you sure ? i used to get 2 mbps constant ... now stuck with 1.3 mbps ... but tell you something at night after 2AM the speed increases to 2mbps and stays till morning 6 to 7 .. thats when my download happens

Recently i found out one more thing, i had no problems getting EVDO at home until recently due to a high rise near by

i stopped getting the EVDO signal. i had no problem at my office. but at home the speeds were at 1x only.. i never knew

i was not getting EVDO at home. i was on unlimited plan till then. only after complaining @ Webworld about speeds at home

their reps came at home with some equip, got to know the guys real well. they told me due to a new high rise in my area, there is

a shadow around my house. guess wht?? Reliance will NEVER add a new EVDO card to solve this problem unless they are generating a 5 figure income from that. thats what the webworld owner told me. so now on wifi at home and office with 1gb/month plan. why spend when the service s**ks.

• Like 2

Evdo speeds improved? I'm registering above 2mbps, 3 sometimes even at peak hours.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reliance has been observing that you are diverting your intrest in achieving gsm unlock in cdma handsets so they must have increased speed for your number to stop you from moving to gsm...

Just kidding...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 5

evdo speed is getting worse day by day in my rcdma phone, my sister's rcdma phone and my unlocked data card.

i don't know what does reliance wants to achieve..

I live in navi mumbai..I've shifted to new house last month... I've Evdo activated... and i was getting around 2mbps speed in the old house.. but in the new house the speed is very slow... around 20 kbps.. max..

when I get outdoors the speed is good .. means I'm not getting good speed indoors... please help... what should i do..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

EVDO Signal is low in your area, switch to min internet plan like 120 Rs/1GB, install DSL at home with Wi-Fi.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

^^^

Do a field test and complaint to rcdma, show them u have many connection, hope they will listen to your complaint and tell u its your handset issue or tower in ur area is down and u r getting signal from far away tower, change ur house to nearby area of working tower.

Or put a signal amplifier in ur house

And after all this keep waiting for signal improvement from reliance.

I am doing same for my pune house where I get Max download speed of 12kbps on my phone evdo also same with hsd datacard

I don't want to waste my money on DSL as I am at home only 6-7 days a month.

Mts was having g good coverage but they are no more in Maharashtra .

Don't like Tata and even more hate for gsm.

So r-cdma zindabad!

tapatalking.....

Edited by ::Hitesh::

What I noticed!

I just moved from my 10 year old RUIM to an OMH RUIM.

The old RUIM has a huge chip and the new OMH has a tiny chip.

My observations..... With the old RUIM, I had almost full signal at home. Now, with the new OMH RUIM, I have hardly 1 or 2 bars.

Sent request for EVDO. Waited for confirmation of activation. Got no confirmation, but realised EVDO was activated and running.

Attached are pics of my old & new RUIM. And Speedtest.

post-64750-0-88348400-1396205786_thumb.j

post-64750-0-58385700-1396205811_thumb.p

I am also facing same speed issue in my area. Very very low speed like as 1x in Nagpur 25kbps to 50kbps . 2days back i came from Hyderabad , tested the speed on same phone same no. it was awesome speed in Hyderabad 500Kbps constant download speed.

i spoke to reliance officer , they told they are upgrading rev A to rev B . i dnt think this is the correct reason.

I am also facing same speed issue in my area. Very very low speed like as 1x in Nagpur 25kbps to 50kbps . 2days back i came from Hyderabad , tested the speed on same phone same no. it was awesome speed in Hyderabad 500Kbps constant download speed.

i spoke to reliance officer , they told they are upgrading rev A to rev B . i dnt think this is the correct reason.

Javed bhai! I still get very good speeds in my college (above Gittikhadan police station). And at my home (Laxmi Nagar) the speeds are pretty low 70-80kBps downloads. But then in Manish Nagar I get about 130-140kBps constantly.

Hi, in My Handset suddenly evdo stopped working.

When I restart the handset and goto About->network it shows evdo rev A.

but when it tries to connect to internet for the first time, it fails and then the network will be switched to 1xRTT.

I have even tried to send HSD activation request to 55333, but I got a replay that HSD cannot be activated, bz EVDO is service is already active.

Any pointers on fixing this issue? this issue is bugging me for few months. :help:

Hi, in My Handset suddenly evdo stopped working.

When I restart the handset and goto About->network it shows evdo rev A.

but when it tries to connect to internet for the first time, it fails and then the network will be switched to 1xRTT.

I have even tried to send HSD activation request to 55333, but I got a replay that HSD cannot be activated, bz EVDO is service is already active.

Any pointers on fixing this issue? this issue is bugging me for few months. :help:

Try this Method and post the result if it worked for you; cancel EVDO Activation on the sim and activate it after cancellation.

• Like 1

I registered an SR in web support to re provision EVDO and it started working again

Thanks, :hi2:

• Like 1

Very slow speed (25kbps download) in Bangalore in general and Vijayanagar area in particular for the last 2 days.

Can you guys please share your experience?

Have created an SR and following up with the customer care.

They say some technical work is on. No resolution yet.

Thanks,

Vinay

It is not ur fault...i have same issue relince making fool to all pepole..i have just 20kbps download speed in my evdo..relince set triger to making down download speed. U have to change simple dns server then u get 1 or 2 mbps

Sent from my HTC Desire 826 dual sim using Tapatalk

How can DNS server change speed up the download speed. Can you please give more details.